Resolved Something's Odd About my Profile Picture

I am Merp

The Destroyer
So, earlier today, I was working on a gif for my profile picture and when I went to upload it, I noticed that the blinking animation seemed a little snappy. As if there was a frame that was taken out. When I examined it closer, there actually was a frame missing, and it's the frame just after the eyes fully close during the blink cycle, which was a between frame for the eyes being open and the eyes being closed. I've even tried removing some frames to see if there was a gif length limit, and it still cut out the frame when it's uploaded as my profile picture. What's even weirder, however, is the fact that looking at it below, it does have the frame, but looking up at my profile picture on the top right, it is missing. I wanted to ask if anybody else has had this issue and how I could potentially fix it. Here's the original file, which has the missing frame included:
pfp.gif

I'm a bit of a nitpicker so this bothered me a bit. I'd just really love to know whether this is an issue with the gif itself or whether it's the website being weird.

Also, thank you to whomever moved my post to a more appropriate section, really appreciate that. <3

Last edited:
Maybe it's the original GIF's dimentions?
What happens if you scale it down manually?

I'll have to try that and see if it works.
Nope, it still skips the frame. I think I should also mention that it doesn't skip any other frames after it, as there are other frames after that one frame. I think it's just skipping that one in particular.
Edit: So, upon saving the image by right clicking on my profile picture and downloading it, it seems to save it as a jpeg file, but it still has an animation... that's really weird.

It’s very likely an issue with the website and not your avatar. :) When a gif avatar is uploaded the forum software reprocesses it and then stores it. I’m pretty sure the issue you’re seeing is due to that, I’m not sure there’s a way to have it remain perfectly intact.

It’s very likely an issue with the website and not your avatar. :) When a gif avatar is uploaded the forum software reprocesses it and then stores it. I’m pretty sure the issue you’re seeing is due to that, I’m not sure there’s a way to have it remain perfectly intact.
Ah, alright then. If it's an issue with the website then that's a bit annoying, but I can live with it regardless. Thanks for the help! :happy:

So, earlier today, I was working on a gif for my profile picture and when I went to upload it, I noticed that the blinking animation seemed a little snappy. As if there was a frame that was taken out. When I examined it closer, there actually was a frame missing, and it's the frame just after the eyes fully close during the blink cycle, which was a between frame for the eyes being open and the eyes being closed. I've even tried removing some frames to see if there was a gif length limit, and it still cut out the frame when it's uploaded as my profile picture. What's even weirder, however, is the fact that looking at it below, it does have the frame, but looking up at my profile picture on the top right, it is missing. I wanted to ask if anybody else has had this issue and how I could potentially fix it. Here's the original file, which has the missing frame included:
View attachment 277069
I'm a bit of a nitpicker so this bothered me a bit. I'd just really love to know whether this is an issue with the gif itself or whether it's the website being weird.

Also, thank you to whomever moved my post to a more appropriate section, really appreciate that. <3
I know what happened
the gif speed for the icon is always sped up, because I had this issue too

When you created the gif, the last frame had part of the blinking animation in it, right? If you moved the blinking animation to the middle of the animation instead of the end, this bug will only affect the flowers and grass behind your character

When you created the gif, the last frame had part of the blinking animation in it, right? If you moved the blinking animation to the middle of the animation instead of the end, this bug will only affect the flowers and grass behind your character
No, the blinking frame that's missing still has several frames following it before it loops, but to my knowledge those frames still play. I've even tried changing the frame out for another frame and removing other frames before it but nothing works.
I'll try moving the blinking animation to the start though, that's a good idea.

EDIT: Still nothing, the frames for the blinking animation are at the very front of the animation and it still skips over the one frame.

AHA, I've fixed it by inserting a duplicated frame with the flower slightly changed, and that seems to have worked... somehow. I think what's happening is that when it gets uploaded, the website optimizes it and removes any redundant frames or frames that are duplicates of each other that play nearly if not right after each other. At least it's solved though, whew!

Back
Top Bottom