tAPI SonicR's Doctor Who Mod

Discussion in 'Released' started by SonicR, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Violet Snowfields

Violet Snowfields Steampunker

I do not know how words work properly because this mod is amazing.

EDIT: So the Time Lord NPC, are there other conditions that have to be met for it to spawn besides The Doctor being there? If so, what are they?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  2. SonicR

SonicR Spazmatism

Thanks!

Yes, actually (forgot to mention it). The Time Lord spawns if you have a Chameleon Arch or Fob Watch in your inventory, and a free house available.

3. Violet Snowfields

Violet Snowfields Steampunker

Alright, that explains it. At the time of purchasing the Chameleon Arch I had no open houses and instantly ditched the Fob Watch. He spawned properly once I picked it up again. Excellent work, and one of the greatest non-full-conversion mods I've played for Terraria.

ShadowTiger and SonicR like this.
  4. bigbok69

bigbok69 Terrarian

please update to r15

5. Codiferus

Codiferus Steampunker

Hey @SonicR, is it possible for me I could use some of your sprites?

6. SonicR

SonicR Spazmatism

Sorry for the late reply - will do this not long into my holidays, which start in just over a week's time.

Just out of curiosity, what for? But regardless, if credited, then yes, feel free.

7. Codiferus

Codiferus Steampunker

I'm a Doctor Who fan and the sprites are good. I was going to make some myself but I'm a bit lazy and this would save some time. I'll credit you when I do use them. Thanks.

8. Terra McCloud

Terra McCloud The Destroyer

it seems that the Daleks see themselves as being pirates, as they love to spawn in the pirate invasion. The Cyber Controllers seem to behave and not run in alongside the pirates though. As none of those spawn. :p

9. Jamm6gamer

Jamm6gamer Eye of Cthulhu

update to 1.3

10. There is no complete api for 1.3 yet, because of this, the mod cannot update to 1.3

11. Jamm6gamer

Jamm6gamer Eye of Cthulhu

thanks

12. imkSushi

imkSushi Spazmatism

Transferring it to tModLoader should be easy if you change tAPI references to tModLoader references (among the mod mod files). My coding (and concentration) isn't quite up to that standard though.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  13. theozian1

theozian1 Terrarian

@SonicR you could always transfer the mod to tmodloader, didnt there use to be a gallifrey biome in the old days of this mod?

14. SonicR

SonicR Spazmatism

While I probably will ending up transferring the mod to one (or both) of the new modding API's, I'm not sure they've got currently got enough features to make it worthwhile. From what I know, they've just got the basics at the moment. When they're further developed, I'll take another look.

Yes, there was, but it was extremely buggy (especially in multiplayer), and I'm afraid to say that I don't really have any intention of revisiting it.

15. theozian1

theozian1 Terrarian

fair enough. i guess we could wait because i know that back in the early days of this mod it had a lot more features

16. butterslapper202

butterslapper202 Terrarian

it is now 2016 and terraria 1.3.1 is coming out today, so are ever going to update the mod?
    ever since i found this mod i have wanted to play but i cant because it is for older versions :(

17. SonicR

SonicR Spazmatism

I'll probably finally get round to updating it once the university semester finishes in just under a month.

18. imkSushi

imkSushi Spazmatism

Hype!
    I am looking forward to this. I am an avid Doctor Who fan.

19. theozian1

theozian1 Terrarian

ill just have to figure out how to install mods to terraria after this updates

20. GameWizerd1990

GameWizerd1990 Steampunker

So, am I correct in assuming this will not be 1.3.x compatible?