tAPI SonicR's Doctor Who Mod

Well I have some problems with this mod 3 docters spawn and I cannot open the shop from any of them and when I kill them they spawn agian a minute later. I am using tAPI r12 so im am assuming that that is the problem and I just wanted to let you know

Edit: actually the docters spawn everywhere and keep spawning, they have invaded my world... I may not survive the docter invasion lol

Last edited:
Well I have some problems with this mod 3 docters spawn and I cannot open the shop from any of them and when I kill them they spawn agian a minute later. I am using tAPI r12 so im am assuming that that is the problem and I just wanted to let you know

Edit: actually the docters spawn everywhere and keep spawning, they have invaded my world... I may not survive the docter invasion lol

Yeah, it's probably something to do with r12; I'll look into it in a few hours. Thanks for the bug reports!

Edit: Both problems fixed. Will upload a version of the mod for r12 later today.

Last edited:
Updated the mod for r12. Was going to post it yesterday, but got distracted by testing the Special Weapons Dalek*. That explosive projectile packs quite a punch - I regenerated* quite a few times!

Download link here.

* Teasers for next content update.

At the moment, they can be killed at anytime, but I hope to implement a Doctor Whodoo doll in the future.
Good. It's bad enough I can kill the bunnies when I don't want to. Most of the time I don't want the NPCs to die. I always leave my main base during blood moons and the like.

I'm only on the 4th Doctor and 1 & 2 sold items, but 3 & 4 sell nothing.
I'm loving this mod so far btw and can't wait for the next update!

I'm only on the 4th Doctor and 1 & 2 sold items, but 3 & 4 sell nothing.

It's a bug that I've fixed - I'll release a hotfix later today.

I'm loving this mod so far btw and can't wait for the next update!

Thanks! Next update shouldn't be too far away.

I've actually got a question regarding the next update that I'd like feedback on. One of the things I've added is the ability for the player to regenerate - their eye colour, hair colour, skin colour and gender changes upon death. Currently, the colour changes are completely random, and can have every RGB value possible. This means you end up with some very unusual-looking characters.

Now, my question is this: is a completely random process a bit too much, and would it be better for me to include preset values that limit what colours you end up with? Or should I leave it as is? I personally prefer the completely random option (it's quite fun), but am aware that it might annoy some people if their character ends up with turquoise skin, red hair and pink eyes.

Clothing can be changed, as can hair style I believe, but eye and skin color are going to be permanent. So people may just keep bloody killing themselves until they find a body that they like.

Also, would 12 regenerations be the maximum? :p

Clothing can be changed, as can hair style I believe,

Won't be changing clothing, simply because that's not what regeneration does (though the first ever regeneration in 1966 did have the Doctor's clothes change!). Hair style will change as well (forgot to mention it in previous post).

but eye and skin color are going to be permanent. So people may just keep bloody killing themselves until they find a body that they like.

I see your point; keeping the skin colour the same would probably be easier for everyone. Eye colour will probably still change, considering its so hard to see what colour the eyes are in game anyway.

Also, would 12 regenerations be the maximum? :p

Only for hardcore players. Softcore and mediumcore players can regenerate indefinitely - provided they're not killed whilst regenerating.

I love the idea of regeneration to a new random character. But I am not so sure about the gender change. I think I can live with a blue skin colour and not-ginger hair, but regenerating happily between male and female, I don't know.

What's stopping The Doctor from a spontaneous sex change? In fact, what's stopping him from looking completely alien? All of his regenerations have simply happened to be human-looking. Or Gallifreyan-looking. Bleh.

I'd recommend you ask a sprinter to at least have a look at improving some of the sprites. There are many around.

So much for a hotfix update...decided I'll just wait until I release the next content update - easier to keep track of things.

I love the idea of regeneration to a new random character. But I am not so sure about the gender change. I think I can live with a blue skin colour and not-ginger hair, but regenerating happily between male and female, I don't know.

I believe that I've come up with a solution that should satisfy everyone. I've created a new Town NPC who, instead of selling items, determines what player attributes will change when you regenerate. There are five options to choose from: Hair Style, Gender, Hair Colour, Skin Colour and Eye Colour. All five can be toggled on and off independently. What this means is that you can regenerate without changing your appearance at all, or with just your eye colour changing. Any combination of the five is possible.

I'd recommend you ask a sprinter to at least have a look at improving some of the sprites. There are many around.

Eh. I'm personally very happy with how the sprites are at this stage, but do realise that they're far from perfect. That's the thing though - I like to periodically go back and resprite stuff, generally to improve my own ability and thus the sprites themselves. It's done wonders already, as I'm loads better than I was when I started. If I just asked someone to do it all for me, then I'd be depriving myself of an opportunity to improve.

That being said, if anyone wants to do a few sprites, or redo existing ones, they're very welcome to do so. I just won't go looking for spriters unless I really need something done.

Back
Top Bottom