tAPI SonicR's Doctor Who Mod

So, am I correct in assuming this will not be 1.3.x compatible?
You would be correct, as it currently uses tAPI, which was discontinued after Terraria 1.2.4.1. This could eventually be updated to work with tModLoader, but as the last word from the author was in May, and he was last on the forums in June, that doesn't seem likely.

It can't download. every time I try to download it (and I do exactly what the guide above says) it looks like it's going to work but then when I try to open it, it just makes the sound for when you click on something in the title screen. How do I fix this? are there any specific versions of windows you need to have it work?

Don't download this. I tried & it ended up deleting my vanilla version, making it unplayable. Don't download it if you want to keep your main version. I had to uninstall my terraria so I could play it, which made all my progress get deleted. Downloading this mod has that risk to it.

Don't download this. I tried & it ended up deleting my vanilla version, making it unplayable. Don't download it if you want to keep your main version. I had to uninstall my terraria so I could play it, which made all my progress get deleted. Downloading this mod has that risk to it.
What? This mod is for tApi, a mod tool that was discontinued pre-1.3. This mod can (I believe) still be installed and played without issues, but judging from your posts above you didn't know this and installed it incorrectly onto the current version of 1.3. It isn't entirely fair to tell others not to download it if that is the case too.

What? This mod is for tApi, a mod tool that was discontinued pre-1.3. This mod can (I believe) still be installed and played without issues, but judging from your posts above you didn't know this and installed it incorrectly onto the current version of 1.3. It isn't entirely fair to tell others not to download it if that is the case too.
I tried to install it to tApi. It just didn't work. I followed the steps exactly as it said and tried to install it onto 1.2.4.1, but it still didn't work. Although, it might be because I might've had the wrong version of the game launcher.

I have a question. Can you make a TARDIS mount so we can fly and materialize at wherever the mouse pointer is at, provided that there's enough space?

Can you update it to be compatible with tmodloader too? If you could, that would be great because this mod looks AWESOME but I don't have tAPI so....

It is sad to see that this cool mod was let alone and that it will be forgotten forever because it will not be updated anymore.

And it’s even sadder to know that this is the only mod that unites my favorite game with my favorite series. This is totally unique.

And I'm also sad to hear that this mod is not compatible with tModLoader.

Hello all!

Ever wanted to see more Doctor Who content in Terraria? If so, then this mod is for you. A continuation of my old tConfig mod, this mod adds a variety of NPCs and items from both the classic and new series of Doctor Who.

My thanks to the following, without whom this mod wouldn't have reached the point where it is today:
  • Dogsonofawolf - His NPC Pack and Other Worlds mod provided the inspiration for me to start this mod way back in 2012. Apart from giving me advice in the early days, he also allowed me to use some of his existing code.
  • rangerofthewest - gave me coding advice back in the early days
  • Yoraiz0r and the rest of the tConfig/tAPI dev team - for answering my (sometimes stupid) questions in the various help threads an irc, and for making tAPI in the first place. You guys are great!
  • Grox the Great - your GRealm Mod and Example Mod have been a great help.
  • Malunis - provided the initial Cybermen sprites, as well as 9 & 10's clothes.
  • Darthmorf - improved the Doctor sprites.

Content:

NPCs

View attachment 862

The 13 Doctors, all of whom behave like the Travelling Merchant (spawn during day, leave at night). Only one Doctor can spawn at a time. If one is killed, he will 'regenerate' into the next incarnation. All Doctors sell their outfits as vanity clothes, and some have special variations that are only sold at specific times (full moon, blood moon). Doctors 1 thru 7 sell TARDIS-related building materials, and the War, 9th, 10th, 11th & 12th Doctors sell variations of the sonic screwdriver. The screwdrivers activate mechanical items as long as the mouse pointer is hovered over the item in question.

The Eleventh Doctor also has a chance to wear his fez.

View attachment 11173 Time Lord NPC - spawns if any of the Doctors are present.

View attachment 11174 4 hostile mobs - all spawn in hardmode.

Items

View attachment 3520 All Vanity Clothes in the mod, with two houses made out of Roundel Bricks and Walls.

View attachment 11172 The Doctor Whodoo Doll - enables the player to damage the Doctors when equipped. 10% drop from the Daleks and Cyberman

Regeneration
Biggest feature of the mod is, without a doubt, the ability for the player to regenerate. Simply use the Chameleon Arch item that every new character spawns with. The TARDIS sound will play, meaning that your character is now a Time Lord, and can subsequently do this:

View attachment 11170

Now, for the convenience of mod users, your character's appearance will not change by default. But for those who do like the idea of their player randomly changing their appearnce, the new Time Lord NPC allows you to determine what player attributes will change, as shown below:

View attachment 11171

The attributes are, respectively, Hair Style, Gender, Hair Colour, Skin Colour and Eye Colour. All 5 are able to be toggled on/off at any time, so literally any combination of the 5 is possible.

Download HERE

Note - you will need Grox the Great's Basemod to play

Installation Instructions
1. Download & install the latest versions of tAPI (r14a) and the Game Launcher
2. Run tAPI, then close it (this will create a tAPI folder in My Games/Terraria)
3. Download the mod
4. Cut/Copy the SonicR's Doctor Who Mod tAPI file from the download
5. Paste it in the following directory: My Documents/My Games/Terraria/tAPI/Mods/Local
6. Repeat steps 3-5 for Grox the Great's Basemod
7. Launch tAPI
8. Enable the mod
9. Play and Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I own no aspect of Doctor Who, past or present. This mod was created only for the enjoyment of myself and other members of the Terrarian community. No copyright infringement intended.
Sounds cool!

Back
Top Bottom