Portfolio/Multi-Topic [sort of sprites] Small Post-Moon Lord additions

What do you think?

• I like all of them

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • I like some of them (please specify which ones you do NOT like)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I like none of them (please clarify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Hello, everyone! This is AngelMiner12 here, with another suggestion. This is my biggest suggestion yet, so bear with me here. This is a collection of small ideas I've had. I will be updating semi-consistently until I am done.

Okay, time to get started.

After Moon Lord, there's not much to do. I mean, you can farm (for Meowmere), and you can... uh... build... and... you get the point. Kind of boring.

I propose some items, some small biome changes, and other, miscellaneous things.

First of all, after beating Moon Lord, some text should be displayed (other than 'Moon Lord has been defeated') after about five minutes. It should say something like "The celestial creatures have left their mark..."

This means 'You're not done here', basically. New mobs will spawn, and some you already knew will show up again.

At about 1/50 chance every day/night (because there is a chance of it happening twice a day, instead of once), the lunar events will start up again, at random times in the day, for about 8-14 hours (This means that, although the pillars will still exist, they will spawn randomly, like minibosses, and they do not need 100 celestial creatures killed to start fighting them).

However, it will not be all of the pillars. Just one per event. Also, the spawn rate for this period will be dramatically decreased (about the same as the blood moon). A day before it starts, there will be a message: 'Tomorrow the celestial creatures will strike once more...'

Every celestial enemy drops coins (except the star cells, which, when split, add up to only drop the number of coins you would get for killing one), 1-2 fragments, and also some unique items (because it's kinda sad that you get to see these awesome things, and they don't drop ANYTHING).

upload_2016-5-9_14-14-18.png

Drakomire drop a mount (3% chance):

Drakomire Egg
Should I open it?
Summons a small Drakomire mount. (sorry, I'm not very good with names)
rarity: red
sell: 10
upload_2016-5-9_14-16-42.png

Speed: 50 mph. This increases to 70 after 10 seconds in a relatively straight path, like the lightning boots, but it releases fire particles out the back. If you hit an enemy while sprinting in this way, they take 60 damage for every 2 seconds spent sprinting in this way.

The Drakomire also breathes fire in a 50º cone that does 120 damage.

It cannot go in the water, or it vanishes.

upload_2016-5-9_14-14-34.png

Crawltipedes drop a flail (0.5% chance):

The Daycrawler

Type: Weapon
Damage: 150 (melee)
Knockback: 0
Use Time: 35 (slow)
Velocity: 35
rarity: purple
sell: 15
upload_2016-5-9_14-16-47.png

This item acts just like the Flairon, except it moves very slowly. It stretches out to 20 blocks, and pierces infinitely. enemies take damage along the whole length of it, so it is an effective weapon for dealing with crowds. It shoots no projectiles.

upload_2016-5-9_14-14-57.png

Srollers drop an accessory (1% chance):

Srock
Tooltip: roll around at high speeds and deal damage.
sell: 7
upload_2016-5-9_14-16-53.png
upload_2016-5-9_14-17-38.png

This, when equipped, will allow the player to roll around at high speeds, starting at base speed but gradually increasing, until they reach 60 mph (Takes about 10 seconds, cuts off after 15). Any enemies too close take 25 (melee) damage for every 10 mph. However, running into walls has a severe penalty to balance out the damage (I hope). When running into a wall, the player takes 15 damage for every 10 mph they were going, except for base speed. It is activated by pressing, I dunno, 'P'
Note: You do not take melee or summoning damage when running into enemies, but ranged and magic damage will still affect you. Also, rolling transforms the player into a flaming wheel.

upload_2016-5-9_14-15-14.png

Corites also drop an accessory (1% chance):

Core Shard
Tooltip: Allows for short dashes that do incredible damage.
upload_2016-5-9_14-16-58.png
upload_2016-5-9_14-17-42.png

When equipped, this item allows for dashes like the Tabi, but any enemy that you dash into takes 250 melee damage. Dashing, instead of the Tabi animation, surrounds the player with fire like a Corite.

upload_2016-5-8_15-50-21.png
Drakanians drop a spear (2% chance):

The Corona (I realize that it looks a LOT like the Daybreak, but it is not. I checked both pictures)
Damage: 190 (melee)
Knockback: 15
Use time: 25 (average)
Velocity: varies
sell: 10
upload_2016-5-9_14-17-4.png

This weapon can stab in any direction, being a spear, and fires out 3 spears on launching in a 45º cone. These, like the Demon scythe, start slowly but pick up speed. They travel in a straight line and are not affected by gravity. Each one can pierce infinitely, but dissipates after leaving the screen or hits a block.

upload_2016-5-8_16-44-30.png
Selenians drop an accessory (1% chance):

Solar Daggers.png
Solar Daggers
Tooltip: increases jump height, allows for the player to bounce off walls, and deals damage while deflecting projectiles
upload_2016-5-9_14-17-11.png
upload_2016-5-9_14-17-51.png

This, when equipped, allows the player to jump 10 blocks higher, and the player spins in a flaming wheel, Metroid style. When in the air, they deflect projectiles and deal 150 damage to any enemies they hit. Melee damage is negated, of course. When the player hits a wall after jumping or in mid-jump, they can press 'jump', and they will bounce off the wall. They can do this up to 2 times in a row.

upload_2016-5-9_14-16-8.png

Drakomire riders drop nothing unique because it is technically just the Drakomire below a Drakanian.

The Srock, Core Shard, and Solar Daggers can be combined to create the S. A. T.

S. A. T. (Solar Attack Transporter)
Tooltip: Combines the effects of the Srock, Core Shard, and Solar Daggers. This is not a test.
sell: 15
upload_2016-5-9_14-17-17.png

When equipped, this combines the effects of the Srock, Core Shard, and Solar Daggers. However, you no longer take damage while using the effects of the Srock and running into a wall, damage of everything is increased by 50, The Srock effects last 20 seconds, instead of 15, the Core Shard dashes have 5 blocks increased distance, and the Solar Daggers effect allows you to bounce up to 5 times, instead of 2.
upload_2016-5-13_15-23-35.png
Vortexians drop an accessory (1% chance):

Vortexian Electro-Defense REsponse System (V.E.D.RE.S. for short. (Or VEDRES, for shorter.))
Tooltip: Creates a lightning portal when the player is hit
sell: 7 upload_2016-5-9_14-16-42.png 50 upload_2016-5-9_14-17-38.png
When equipped, this causes portals to appear in midair with a bright flash, that shoot lightning at the creature that damaged the player (and ONLY that creature). The lightning fires at the same rate as the regular Vortexian lightning/portal thing. It fires once, then disappears. On contact, the bolt deals 450 damage. Anything except the player can be hit by this. The bolt extends until it hits the target creature, or hits some other surface. If it misses, it still will not fire again.

upload_2016-5-13_15-49-37.png
Alien Queens drop 2 items: One weapon (0.5% chance) or one accessory (1% chance):

Vortexian Stynger
Damage: 70 (ranged)
knockback: 2 (very weak)
critical chance: 3%
use time: 3 (insanely fast)
tooltip: 60% chance not to consume ammo
other tooltip: You don't wanna know where I got this.
sell: 10 upload_2016-5-9_14-17-11.png
This weapon fires bullets. It changes all bullets to blue pellets (like the ones the Alien Queen fires). It sprays just as much as the chain gun does. Bullets/pellets inflict Distorted for one second, but it stacks up to 20 seconds. After that, you have to wait until the debuff fades (if it's still alive, whatever you're shooting).

Alien Egg Sack
Tooltip: Releases Alien Hornets when damaged
sell: 7 upload_2016-5-9_14-17-11.png 50 upload_2016-5-9_14-17-38.png
When equipped, this basically acts like an upgraded Honey Comb. However, it releases 10-15 miniature Alien Hornets, which knock the enemy back and deal 25 damage apiece.

upload_2016-5-13_16-40-20.png
Storm Divers drop a weapon (0.5% chance):
Vortexian Standard Tactical Shotgun (V.S.T.S.)
Damage: 50 (ranged)
knockback: 8 (very strong)
critical chance: 4%
use time: 24 (fast)
velocity: 17
tooltip: fires a spread of bullets at high speeds.
sell: 10 upload_2016-5-9_14-17-17.png
This is basically an upgraded Tactical Shotgun. It fires a spread of 10 bullets.

The VEDRES and the Alien Egg Sack can be combined to make the Vortexian Defensive System (VDS)

VDS
Tooltip: creates a lightning portal and releases Alien Hornets when hit.
sell: 10 upload_2016-5-9_14-17-11.png
This combines the effects of the VEDRES and Alien Egg Sack. However, everything gets a damage increase of 50, the VEDRES creates 2 portals instead of one, and the Alien Egg Sack now attacks with 12-17 hornets.
upload_2016-5-19_12-48-10.png
Nebula Floaters drop a weapon (0.5% chance) and an accessory (0.2% chance):

Nebula Eye
Damage: 200 (magic)
knockback: 12 (very weak)
mana: 18
use time: 28 (average)
velocity: 17
This weapon fires beams, one at a time, like the Nebula Floater does, in a cone. These beams do not home in on anything.

Nebula Brain
Type: Accessory
Tooltip: Teleports you away from enemies on taking damage.
sell: 10 upload_2016-5-9_14-16-58.png
This, when equipped, teleports the player up to 15 blocks in any direction (away from the damage source) after taking damage. It only teleports the player to areas where they can fit. The teleportation is instantaneous and can be toggled by pressing 'C'so that you don't have to teleport constantly when fighting a boss or something like it. Both you and your mount will teleport, in addition to your minions and pets, where applicable.

upload_2016-5-19_13-5-5.png
Headcra– I mean, Brain Sucklers drop a weapon (0.5% chance):

Suckler Gun (I know, that's a terrible name, but I got nuthin')
Damage: 40 (magic)
knockback: 0 (no knockback)
mana: 5
use time: 11 (very fast)
velocity: 9
This is an upgraded version of the Wasp Gun, firing 3-7 mini sucklers at once, except that the Sucklers stick to whatever they hit, dealing damage over time. This stacks up to 10 times. The Sucklers also inflict upload_2016-6-27_15-30-15.png (obstructed). They can be removed by dealing 600 damage to them. (This only applies to players) (These do not prevent the player from hitting other things)

upload_2016-6-27_15-35-50.png

Predictors drop a weapon (0.5% chance):

The Vision
Damage: 120 (magic)
knockback: 1 (extremely weak knockback)
mana: 3
use time: 9 (very fast)
velocity: 20
sell: 10 upload_2016-5-9_14-16-42.png
This fires the same star-like projectiles as the Predictors, in groups of 4-7. They fire in clusters, just like the Predictors.
upload_2016-7-4_13-25-49.png
Flow Invaders drop an accessory (0.5% chance):

Flow Cannon
Tooltip: Launch your minions!
Sell: 10 upload_2016-5-9_14-16-42.png
This allows you to launch your minions at enemies, dealing 250 damage. You must wait 30 seconds before you can summon that minion again, however.

upload_2016-8-1_11-47-41.png
upload_2016-8-1_11-47-47.png

Star Cells (are the most annoying enemies ever :confused::D) drop an accessory (0.5% chance):

*note* only the larger ones drop something when split. The smaller ones only drop coins.

The Stardust Virus
Tooltip: Split your minions!
Rarity: purple
Sell: 10 upload_2016-5-9_14-16-42.png
This allows you to split your minions into smaller pieces. For instance, if you're using a Tempest Staff, you right-click the minion symbol to split the Sharknado into 2 smaller Sharknados. These do 40% of the original damage apiece and take up one minion slot, but increase their velocity/movement speed by 25%.

Twinkle_Popper.png

Twinkle Poppers drop a weapon (0.5% chance)

Twinkling Staff
Damage: 90 (Summon)
Knockback: 1 (Extremely Weak)
Mana: 10
Use time: 29 (Average)
Velocity: 13
Tooltip: Summons a Twinkle Popper to launch Twinkles at your enemies.
Rarity: purple
Sell: 10 upload_2016-5-9_14-17-17.png
This summons a Twinkle Popper which in turn summons Twinkles which fly around and attack your enemies. There can be up to 3 of them flying around at any time, and their damage stacks (dealing a maximum of 270 damage at any given time).
Note: I am definitely not done. Look for new updates in the future. Anyone can make sprites for this, but I will only select a few.

Add PML (post-moon lord) creatures.

Thanks for your time! I am open to new ideas, and tell me if anything is too OP (even for PML :happy:)

~AngelMiner12

Attachments

• upload_2016-5-9_14-17-9.png
    upload_2016-5-9_14-17-9.png
    225 bytes · Views: 271
Last edited:
I support the accessory things but the events happening randomly at night seems like it might be kind of annoying. And would the event end at night if you kill the respected pillar?

I support the accessory things but the events happening randomly at night seems like it might be kind of annoying.

Why would it be annoying? It's 1/25 chance for it to happen every 24 hours. That's less than the Solar Eclipse (1/20)

And would the event end at night if you kill the respected pillar?

I think I already said:

At about 1/50 chance every day/night (because there is a chance of it happening twice a day, instead of once), the lunar events will start up again, at random times in the day, for about 8-14 hours (This means that, although the pillars will still exist, they will spawn randomly, like minibosses,and they do not need 100 celestial creatures killed to start fighting them).

Just checked out your post.

I must say it is very good. Hope this grows in popularity.

Edit: What about an alert like 2 nights before the event begins? Seems good for preparation since the pillars are pretty hard.

And since the player has to beat moon lord, maybe they should be a little bit more difficult.

:D

Last edited:
The minion splitter seems really weak, why not just summon two minions? Also 45% damage means that pretty much every summon in the game is going to take a pretty big hit, either add some speed or make it 60% damage or something.

The minion splitter seems really weak, why not just summon two minions? Also 45% damage means that pretty much every summon in the game is going to take a pretty big hit, either add some speed or make it 60% damage or something.

Okay, thanks! I suspected as much.

I really, really like this suggestion. It gives the Pillar enemies some drops based on what they do, like giving the Storm Diver an upgraded Tactical Shotgun, something I've thought the devs should've added by now. Also, would it be good to give the Selenian an endgame Arkhalis weapon? The flashes from the Selenian's attack and Arkhalis itself seem similar. Overall, support!

I really, really like this suggestion. It gives the Pillar enemies some drops based on what they do, like giving the Storm Diver an upgraded Tactical Shotgun, something I've thought the devs should've added by now. Also, would it be good to give the Selenian an endgame Arkhalis weapon? The flashes from the Selenian's attack and Arkhalis itself seem similar. Overall, support!

Thanks!

I've never used the Arkhalis, because I've never found a shrine. But it's popular. I'll think about it.

Sounds fantastic, but those PML enemies will have to be epic to have weapons this good, kinda scary. Some of the weapons seem a bit OP, like the flail, and some seem UP (under powered, is that a thing?), but the devs would work that out in the end, it doesn't seem like too much of an issue right now. (If this gets in I'm totally using the Solar Daggers for the rest of my life)

Sounds fantastic, but those PML enemies will have to be epic to have weapons this good, kinda scary. Some of the weapons seem a bit OP, like the flail, and some seem UP (under powered, is that a thing?), but the devs would work that out in the end, it doesn't seem like too much of an issue right now. (If this gets in I'm totally using the Solar Daggers for the rest of my life)

You've got a good point. I'll buff the enemies and UP weapons accordingly. Although, one thing to keep in mind, is that these are PML drops and very rare drops at that (the highest drop chance is 3%, if memory serves me correctly).

Back
Top Bottom