tModLoader Soul of Terraria

thegigibeast

Terrarian
Hello there, and welcome to my very first real project, Soul of Terraria! Soul of Terraria, a pet project of mine that is slowly growing thanks to some talented spriters, is a mod that aims to add a lot of quality content over time to the vanilla game.

What is included in the mod?
  • 12 new items!
  • More coming soon!
Content
Explosion in a Bottle
index.php

Rarity: Green
Sell Price: 1
index.php

Tooltip: Allows the holder to make an explosive jump
This item is just another pre-hardmode double jump item. The gist of it is that it causes an explosion at the player's feet after trying to double jump. What makes this item different is that it gives the largest height boost of any standalone double jump item allowing the player to to achieve a whopping 30 blocks of jump height. The initial explosion also deals 30 damage to enemies near it. The range of this explosion is very small to the point where the player has to be almost directly touching an enemy to deal damage. The Explosion in a Bottle is sold by the Demolitionist for 5 gold after the Eater of Worlds or Brain of Cthulhu has been defeated.

Boots of Ostara
index.php

Rarity: Blue
Sell Price: 25
index.php

Tooltip: Allows the wearer to perform a bunny hop, Fertilizes the soil
Before you say it, yes, this is based off the ones from mobile. This one comes in the form of an accessory though. It is functionally identical to the ones featured on the mobile version (allowing the player to perform successive jumps until a max height of 16 blocks is reached). This item was included because it was mentioned that much of the old mobile/console exclusive stuff would be removed in future updates for a "One Terraria Experience" and I would hate to see a unique item like this one get flat out removed from the game. The Boots of Ostara drop from corrupt and crimtane bunnies at a 1/50 (2%) chance.

Explosion in a Balloon
index.php

Rarity: Orange
Sell Price: 3
index.php

Tooltip: Allows the holder to make an explosive jump, Increases jump height
Crafting Recipe:
index.php
+
index.php
@
index.php

Bunny Balloon
index.php

index.php

Tooltip: Allows the wearer to perform a bunny hop, Fertilizes the soil, Increases jump height
Crafting Recipe:
index.php
+
index.php
@
index.php

Amphibious Balloon
index.php

index.php

Tooltip: Increases jump speed and allows auto-jump, Increases fall resistance and jump height
Crafting Recipe:
index.php
+
index.php
@
index.php

Silver Horseshoe Balloon
index.php

Rarity: Light Red
Sell Price: 90
index.php

Tooltip: Allows the wearer to perform a bunny hop, Fertilizes the soil, Increases jump height and negates fall damage
Crafting Recipe:
index.php
+
index.php
@
index.php

Teal Horseshoe Balloon
index.php

index.php

Tooltip: Increases jump speed and allows auto-jump, Increases jump height and negates fall damage
Crafting Recipe:
index.php
+
index.php
@
index.php

Black Horseshoe Balloon
index.php

index.php

Tooltip: Allows the holder to make an explosive jump, Increases jump height and negates fall damage
Crafting Recipe:
index.php
+
index.php
@
index.php

Bundle of Animal Balloons
index.php

Rarity: Yellow
index.php

Tooltip: Increases jump speed and allows for auto-jump, Allows the wearer to perform a bunny hop, Fertilizes the soil, Releases bees when damaged, Increases jump height
Crafting Recipe:
index.php
+
index.php
+
index.php
@
index.php

Bundle of Weird Balloons
index.php

Rarity: Yellow
index.php

Tooltip: Allows the holder to quadruple jump, Increases jump height
Crafting Recipe:
index.php
+
index.php
+
index.php
@
index.php

Rainbow Horseshoe Balloon
index.php

Rarity: Lime
Sell Price: 10
index.php

Tooltip: Allows the holder to septuple jump, Allows the wear to perform a bunny hop, Fertilizes the soil, Increases jump height, jump speed, allows for auto-jump and negates fall damage
Crafting Recipe:
index.php
+
index.php
+
index.php
+
index.php
@
index.php

Heated Mirror
index.php

Rarity: Pink
Sell Price: 2
index.php

Tooltip: Immunity to Frozen, Chilled, and Petrified
This item is now part of the recipe for the Ankh Charm. Also, the Hand Warmer is now no longer only a seasonal item; it now has 1% chance (2% in expert) to be dropped by Undead Vikings and Armored Vikings.
Crafting Recipe:
$
+
$
@
index.php
Shadowflame
223912-681ced8169ac09868b34eb1ac176ac48.jpg

Sell price: 1
index.php

This item is a new crafting material that has been added to the Goblin Summoner loot pool. It will be used to craft various Shadowflame items.

Shadowflame Charm
nLmS8Ke.png

Rarity: Pink
Sell price: 2
index.php

Tooltip: Minions inflict Shadowflame, Shadowflame duration is increased
This accessory has been added to the Goblin Summoner loot pool. It can be upgraded with various other accessories at the Tinkerer's Workshop.

How to get the mod
This mod is available for download on the mod browser. Simply search for "Soul of Terraria".

Many thanks to...

Attachments

• Shadowflame.png
    Shadowflame.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
dude nice items, im a big fan of vanilla-ish stuff what else do you plan to add and would you ever consider working on a mod with someone?

dude nice items, im a big fan of vanilla-ish stuff what else do you plan to add and would you ever consider working on a mod with someone?
I am working on a lot of suggestions from the forums currently, but if you have any ideas, feel free to leave me a PM and we'll see how we can work it out!

Hello @thegigibeast. My name is Andy, I love your mod, in my opinion its original and full of fresh ideas filled with a lot of creativity, like 3 months ago i tried to create a mod, but... I'm terrible coding, this is the reason why i couldn´t even make the mod work, and a thing i would like a lot is to create a mod, or at least help someone create it, i´m not bad at the designs (spriting) and I think I could help you with some designs or ideas, for example, here is my Soul Sword
223468-c086c5cf2e6f4423ef333c316b7f9e5d.jpg
and its projectile, a soul of light
223467-05f242a81e11296d94550dd47524b1db.jpg
, If you like it you can contact me from here or by my E-Mail ([email protected])
Thanks for your time!!!

Attachments

• SoulPrj.png.png
    SoulPrj.png.png
    708 bytes · Views: 169
  • SoulSword.png
    SoulSword.png
    873 bytes · Views: 145
Hello @thegigibeast. My name is Andy, I love your mod, in my opinion its original and full of fresh ideas filled with a lot of creativity, like 3 months ago i tried to create a mod, but... I'm terrible coding, this is the reason why i couldn´t even make the mod work, and a thing i would like a lot is to create a mod, or at least help someone create it, i´m not bad at the designs (spriting) and I think I could help you with some designs or ideas, for example, here is my Soul Sword
223468-c086c5cf2e6f4423ef333c316b7f9e5d.jpg
and its projectile, a soul of light
223467-05f242a81e11296d94550dd47524b1db.jpg
, If you like it you can contact me from here or by my E-Mail ([email protected])
Thanks for your time!!!
thanks for the interest and the offers! I really appreciate it! I am always searching for ideas, so I will for sure use some inspiration! Currently, I can code by myself and I have a couple spriters already, but if I ever need some more help, I will let you know.

Thanks for the support!

thanks for the interest and the offers! I really appreciate it! I am always searching for ideas, so I will for sure use some inspiration! Currently, I can code by myself and I have a couple spriters already, but if I ever need some more help, I will let you know.

Thanks for the support!
Thank You!!! Rn i´m working on a pretty cool looking bow , in 20 minutes more or less it would be ready (i have been working on it hours)

Update to latest TMod please.
Just letting you know that my mod has been updated for the newest Tmodloader realease. Also, I have added quite a lot of items that are not shown here yet, you should give them a try! A lot are not functional yet, but I ma working on this at the moment!

That's a pretty nice mod you've got there! I like the abundance of balloon-related ideas.

You know what's a dramatically untapped market? Being able to disassemble balloon accessories that have been tied to a lucky horseshoe. Those horseshoes are pretty rare, and people tend not to realize that once combined with a lucky horseshoe, you can't combine them into a larger balloon combination accessory. Being able to undo a crafting recipe like that would be amazing, i.e. taking a ____ horseshoe balloon and crafting it into its base components. You'd be some kind of hero!

That's a pretty nice mod you've got there! I like the abundance of balloon-related ideas.

You know what's a dramatically untapped market? Being able to disassemble balloon accessories that have been tied to a lucky horseshoe. Those horseshoes are pretty rare, and people tend not to realize that once combined with a lucky horseshoe, you can't combine them into a larger balloon combination accessory. Being able to undo a crafting recipe like that would be amazing, i.e. taking a ____ horseshoe balloon and crafting it into its base components. You'd be some kind of hero!
That's actually something I really like, and it definitely will be included in a future update. Thanks a lot for the idea!

Hello. I am currently using your mod and I have to say, it is AMAZING!!!

The idea of making the ultimate balloon accessory is really neat. Septuple jumps, high jump height, disabling fall damage... This is life!

But I stumbled upon a gamebreaking bug while using your mod. The explosion effect of the bottle/balloon breaks the Mysterious Portal from the Old One's Army. And makes the event impossible to complete. I will be happy if it is fixed soon.

Hello. I am currently using your mod and I have to say, it is AMAZING!!!

The idea of making the ultimate balloon accessory is really neat. Septuple jumps, high jump height, disabling fall damage... This is life!

But I stumbled upon a gamebreaking bug while using your mod. The explosion effect of the bottle/balloon breaks the Mysterious Portal from the Old One's Army. And makes the event impossible to complete. I will be happy if it is fixed soon.
Oh, thanks for the report, I will be fixing it in a future release! I am in the process of adding a lot more items/weapons/things to the mod, so it may take a little longer, but I will for sure try to see what I can do about this weird bug!

Hey @thegigibeast
I love your mod and I would love to try it out, but I cannot find it on the mod browser. Is this something going wrong on my end or does it not appear for you too?

Back
Top Bottom