Items Soul of the Fight

Which Idea do you think was best out of the post?

• No Change

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • slime-like Soul of Night variant

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Soul of Fight (name unimportant) completely interchangeable with Soul of Night

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Soul of Fight (name unimportant)/Soul of Night have some unique items

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hoohoo2

Terrarian
So... It's kinda bugged me that the crimson also drops purple souls of night. Purple is the corruption, not the Crimson. As such, I would like to suggest either making a crimson-colored variant similar to slime variants, or making a separate soul for the crimson, possibly Soul of Fight (it doesn't sound too great, but it at least follows the -ight pattern, and fights tend to have blood). This would be used for anything Souls of Night are used for except for biome-specific items. Example: Golden Shower/Cursed Flames spell tomes would only use their respective souls, and items such as key of night which depend on world evil would be split based on soul used to craft it instead. However, more ambiguous items such as mechanical summoning tools or the dao of pow could still use a blend of the 2.
As noted by phantasmental, this would mean key of night/key of fight would allow for mimics to be fought in a world of a different evil

if you don't like "Soul of Fight" feel free to suggest something else, though keep in mind all of them so far (fright, blight, sight, light, night, might) end with "-ight".

Last edited:
This sounds like a cool idea, this would also allow someone to fight Crimson Mimics in a Corruption world or vice versa.
Here's a concept sprite:
4fqZckW.png

Support! `:happy:

Reminds me of the exact same suggestion that cam before this.
Could you please provide a link? Also, it wouldn't be "exact same", simply highly similar, I generated the idea and wrote this myself (granted the idea is rather simple, so it has probably been thought of before), and would prefer that you not accuse me of plagiarism.

This sounds like a cool idea, this would also allow someone to fight Crimson Mimics in a Corruption world or vice versa.
Here's a concept sprite:
4fqZckW.png

Support! `:happy:
Thanks :) The soul looks great. Also, yeah, thanks for reminding me about the mimic thing. It was running around in my mind somewhere, but didn't quite make it out onto the keys :p

Back
Top Bottom