Blocks & Decoration SovereignVis's Many Suggestions for 1.3.1

PLEASE don't use font colours like this. Purple font on the Corruption theme is difficult to read. I'm sorry, I'd like to read through this and offer feedback / support you, but it's too difficult to read.
Would blue and white be better? You could just high light it be clicking a dragging over the text. `:)

Can you design colored teleporters? Other than yellow? (They should look different than the normal one.)

Also wall teleporters? Please? If so, thank you, if not, then oh well.

Small Update
I animated the Conveyor Blocks to show what they might look like when on and moving.

Can you design colored teleporters? Other than yellow? (They should look different than the normal one.)

Also wall teleporters? Please? If so, thank you, if not, then oh well.
You can paint the teleporters if you want they different colors. But the sparks will still be yellow, so I guess if they could make it so the sparks turn the color of the painted teleporter like I suggested in my Fireworks idea post I made a long time ago, that would be cool. As for different styles of teleporters, not sure I would have to think about some. And wall teleporters I'm not sure if that is really needed. Do you mean just being able to place them on a left/right wall and maybe even on the ceiling? Or on the back walls?

Small Update
I animated the Conveyor Blocks to show what they might look like when on and moving.

You can paint the teleporters if you want they different colors. But the sparks will still be yellow, so I guess if they could make it so the sparks turn the color of the painted teleporter like I suggested in my Fireworks idea post I made a long time ago, that would be cool. As for different styles of teleporters, not sure I would have to think about some. And wall teleporters I'm not sure if that is really needed. Do you mean just being able to place them on a left/right wall and maybe even on the ceiling? Or on the back walls?
I mean a teleporter that is on the wall taking up a 3x3 space, and I mean the colored teleporters having different textures and colors.

A lot of work went in to this idea, I respect that a lot. If 1.4 was a purely map maker release I really would not mind if all that was added was this. The potential this provides not really just for map makers but also just for everyday play is unmatched. You sir, have my full support.

Reactions: JK0
A lot of work went in to this idea, I respect that a lot. If 1.4 was a purely map maker release I really would not mind if all that was added was this. The potential this provides not really just for map makers but also just for everyday play is unmatched. You sir, have my full support.

Okay, thanks. There is still more I plan to add and more things I will make sprites for when I have time to.
Also I'm a girl so calling me sir could confuse people. Like how they did that in Battlestar Galactica. It was really annoying and confusing, but still that was an awesome show. And I mean the 2006 version of course, not the 1978 version. The old version sucked. ':eek:

Okay, thanks. There is still more I plan to add and more things I will make sprites for when I have time to.
Also I'm a girl so calling me sir could confuse people. Like how they did that in Battlestar Galactica. It was really annoying and confusing, but still that was an awesome show. And I mean the 2006 version of course, not the 1978 version. The old version sucked. ':eek:
You ma'am, have my full support ^-^

Update!

I added sprites for a Target Switch as well as a Target Block. And added to the suggestion along with a new suggestion for Gem Stands that activate/deactivate when a large gem is placed/removed on them.

I was thinking about the one time switch. Could there be a spot on it where it would reset if it gets a pulse to it? The detonator can be toggled with a wire pulse to prevent it from being triggered.

What would the Gem Stands look like? I meant my Gem Locks to look like item frames with spot in the shape of the large gem that fits, as it can only hold the matching gem. I was also thinking of CTG maps when I made them.

I was thinking about the one time switch. Could there be a spot on it where it would reset if it gets a pulse to it? The detonator can be toggled with a wire pulse to prevent it from being triggered.

What would the Gem Stands look like? I meant my Gem Locks to look like item frames with spot in the shape of the large gem that fits, as it can only hold the matching gem. I was also thinking of CTG maps when I made them.

I haven't really decided on how they should look. I was thinking they would look somewhat like the lamps in the game but they don't give off light and they hold a gem on top of them. If someone wants to make sprites for any of the ideas I have, even if I have already made a sprite for it. Then I will add them onto my post and the Devs could use the one they like best or make there own if they like none of them. I would just like to see the idea make it into the game.
I think a Gem Stand would be really great for CTG maps as well as other custom maps. I can already think of many ways they could be used. Using them like locks is of course one way. Also maybe an adventure map where the player needs to go through dungeons to collect each of the gems, then place them on the stands to unlock the final dungeon. There is endless possibilities. `:)

I love this! But I do have one question about the 'smashers': if a player gets smashed by the blocks do they take a ton of damage and live or do they die?

I love this! But I do have one question about the 'smashers': if a player gets smashed by the blocks do they take a ton of damage and live or do they die?
Well, I think I will mainly leave the damage up to the Devs to decide. But I would think it would be a ton of damage like getting hit by a boulder maybe more. So unless you have end game gear, I think it should be an instant kill. XD

Update!
1.3.1 is getting close, but I had just 2 more ideas I think we really need in this update. The Counter Display and Sound Box. Check the original post to see them.

Back
Top Bottom