tModLoader Space Corp: Age of Collapse

Marcato

Retinazer
This thread is a placeholder for a project that will begin involved pre-development on June 10th

The current plan is a gameplay loop that mostly borrows from terraria's physics and basic gameplay to create a lore filled sci-fi adventure. There will be nine explorable worlds per save and each one will have its own ores, evil biomes, npcs, and bosses. The upgrade system focuses on alloying materials from each planet to eventually create gear from a superalloy, while upgrading your crashed ship to achieve true interstellar travel between worlds. (You can name the alloys per save, as they've never been made before in the lore.)

This mod is currently in predevelopment and has no files associated with it. This would give it a version of 0.0.0a being an alpha test test version without any framework, 1.0.0a will be the version released to the public once the new level saving feature is fully implemented. Beta will begin once the first two worlds are considered "finished" and it will remain in beta until a final boss and all nine worlds are finished.

Worlds:
Tanrill:
This world is made to emulate a paradise and its guardian is the only one not corrupted by (placeholder's) influence, that is, until your pod crash lands here. As you defeat each boss, tha malignancy gets stronger until you have to face the world's guardian in battle to free the populous and slow the rot eating the world in abscense of the presence of the world's true guardian. (Ores will be given their own spoilers under each world later, but for now they'll be here) Ores: Ulexite
Moriar:
The first world to have its guardian turn on its maker, eventually driving the true presence of the guardians out from the worlds they were sworn to protect. The surface of this world is very hot, covered in volcanoes, sinkholes and lava along with a few other liquids that could only be created in a hot world with a dense atmosphere.

Last edited:
Modified lore and version numbering system implemented, Other posts will be put in this slot when it comes to changelogs

I think this mod seems kind of over ambitious.
You're correct and I am a madman, as such it may take 5 years, volunteers and plenty of donations to make it reality, but thinking it's too hard to try never got anyone anywhere. I'm breaking the project up into chunks while spending time to expand the lore. If I give up on development it will become an open source project with a full structure of lore and progression layed out for the community to build on.

Back
Top Bottom