Biomes & Nature Space Dungeon

MorningSTAR-αΩ

Official Terrarian
Becuase It's a me! is here, because Space still needs an expansion and becuase I like some new sky biomes. (Sprites by It's a me, though I'd appreciate a respirting for the Angel and the new name for the Stardust in light of recent events. the actual final TO crosspost)

Okay so We all know that we can build homes near space. however there's not much there (There are the floating islands, but those are too low to be "in space" so I'm suggesting a Hardmode Dungeon that is on the top of the Map.

NOTE: All sprites not of preexisting enemies/items are done by Its a Me!. Also the sprites may vary if Re-Logic decides to add the enemies.

• The Dungeons would be made up of new blocks balled "Space Blocks" They come in Pink, Red, Orange, Yellow, Lime, Cyan/Sky Blue, Indigo, Purple and Violet and unlike the dungeon, they are not locked in a single color, in fact there would be found in multiple color in the same world. Walls are locked in a single color, but the color changes depending on the area of the dungeon. There will also be walls and furniture to match, along with sunplate furniture. These blocks are the only blocks that can repel the Wyvern.
  • The chests would be different, with the normal chest being replace by one with a starry pattern
    starry_chest_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d7jox16.png
    and The locked golden chest being replaced by one with a Sun pattern
    sun_chest_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d7jpc3q.png
    . These chest will contains new items among which are:
    • Stardust
      stardust_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d7kdid6.png
      : A new material that is required to craft new items and blocks. Blocks made from Stardust also keep out the Wyvern
    • Normal dungeon blocks and furniture of all three colors
    • Some new weapons that I will detail later
    • Temple Keys
    • Fallen Stars
    • Boss Summoning items
  • Enemies will be new varieties of Slime (Space Slime:
    dc46cc99f470153351a980ec4ac8ee7f-d7kgbv3.gif
    ), Nymph (Angel:
    angel_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d7lz0uv.png
    ), Angry Bones (Space Gladiator) and Skeleton Mage (Astromancer:
    astromancer_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d7kljju.png
    ). With more dangerous attacks. The deeper you go the more chances you have of battling Paladins (both normal
    Paladin.png
    and the new Star Paladin
    star_paladin_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d7lf3cp.png
    enemy) and Demons (Doom Demons)
    • The Star Paladins would be a miniboss that spawns meteor heads to fight you, he'll also have armor similar to the meteorite armor)
  • Unlike the normal dungeon, parts of it will be Hallowed/Corrupted/Crimsoned. So You will have to fight the following enemies based on the biome as well:
    • Rainbow Slimes
      True_rainbow_slime.gif
      , Pixies
      Pixie.png
      , Unicorns
      Unicorn.gif
      , Illuminant Bats
      Illuminant_Bat.png
      , Illuminant Slimes
      Illuminant_Slime.png
      , Chaos Elementals
      Chaos_Elemental.png
      and Enchanted Swords
      Enchanted_Sword_%28NPC%29.png
      for Hallow
    • Face Monsters
      Face_Monster.png
      , Herplings
      Herpling.png
      , Floaty Grosses
      Floaty_Gross.png
      , Icthor Stickers
      Ichor_Sticker.png
      , Crimslimes
      Crimslime.png
      and Crimson Axes
      Crimson_Axe.png
      for Crimson
    • World Feeders
      164px-World_Feeder.png
      , Corrupters
      Corruptor.png
      , Corrupted Slimes
      Corrupt_Slime.png
      , Slimers
      Slimer.png
      and Cursed Hammers
      Cursed_Hammer.png
      for Corruption
  • Speaking of which you can encounter these enemies in this dungeon regardless of which biome is generated, however the enemies from the missing biome would appear in the regular dungeon (Example: A would with Corruption would have Icthor Stickers in the "normal" part of the dungeon)
  • Like the normal Dungeon, there are special locked chests witch contains good equipment, However There would also be one for itself, the ground Dungeon and the Underworld (Likewise the Ground Dungeon would also have special chest for both of them and the Underworld, but I'll leave the content for you or the devs to think of) Unlike the ground dungeon though, all the special chests would be in a treasure room at the top of the dungeon.
  • Now then there would be a boss in the area before the Treasure room. The boss would be called Equinox. and would be based on a 6-winged angel of Light and Darkness (With Luciferiean overtones).
    • Equinox would have 30000 HP, and 90 damage. However, his wings will block all your attacks so you will have to destroy those first. There are three sets of wings with 4500 HP per set.
    • His attacks includes the Cursed Flames, Golden Shower and Crystal Storm in the initial stage as well as Warping around and summoning Angels and Chaos Elementals to fight you, he can summon up to three minions at a time though
    • Once you destroy two of his wings he will transition to stage two where he will act similar to the Frost Queen boss.
    • Clipping two more wings will have him transition into stage 3 where he will go all Bullet Hell on you using Demon Scythes and Rainbow Rod blasts. He will fire multiple projectiles that lock in on the player. However as they only home in on the player's position when they are cast they are easy to dodge, they also have a 5 seconds "delay" period where why would amass around the player before firing (Got the idea from the Xemnas fights in Kingdom Hearts, and I'm sure the attack will bring to mind Touhou a lot.)
    • Once you destroy the last two wings he undergoes a metamorphosis and enter a cocoon. The cocoon will stay in the air for 15 seconds, during which we will do nothing and after which he will sink into the ground.
    • The boss would be in his final stage. which is like the first stage, but he will cast the Demon Scythe, Reaper Scythe and Rainbow Rod attacks in addition to the tomes and a melee attack with a scythe. And he will spawn more minions including buffed Zombies and Fallen Angels (Nymphs with Demon Wings)
    • Once he'd defeated you will get this message: "You have defeated the spirits of Light and Darkness. May your glory never perish" And you will receive a special key that leads to treasure room.
    • The boss will drop Souls of Bright. A new soul with the same sprite as the Soul of Blight (yellow). These souls are used to craft new armor as well as the boss's summoning item
  • The Treasure room has chests identical to the special ones in the Dungeon as well but with different Items named on stars and more weapons. Some of the chest items's are weapons I made for my Zodiac Bosses idea, so I won't detail them here. But There will also be new items that I will detail here. There would also be a new crafting station called the Chest Designer's Workshop which will allow you to craft the special chests (as well as the Water Chest) for your home (Unlocked by default, but you can craft the respective Key mold into it to lock it from other players).
    • The Corruption Chest will contain:
      • from my Zodiac Boss thread: Hamal and Pleiades Staff
      • Exclusive: A bow called Orions's Belt. 65 Ranged damage and increased knockback, autofire and can use any arrow
    • The Ice Chest will contain:
      • from my Zodiac Boss Thread: Castor's Staff and Pollux's Shield
      • Exclusive: a Gun called Draconus. It fires bullets call "Eltanin Bullets" that the Arms Dealer will sell for 25 silver a piece. The bullets have a chance for Frostburn damage and has 15 Damage. The gun itself will have auto-fire, high knockback and a 50% chance not to consume ammo. Its ranged damage is 45 while the Eltanin bullets are 20.
    • The Jungle Chest will contain:
      • From my Zodiac Boss thread: Altarf's Arm, Regulus and Spica Bow
      • Exclusive: a Sword called Aquila. Which in addition to being an Assassin's Creed reference (in fact the eponymous creed would be in the tooltip) would have a chance of applying the Poison debuff if you strike a mob from behind. It also fires darts with the same effect. Base damage is 120 with low knockback but high speed and autoswing. It has 50 Ranged Damage.
    • The Hallow Chest would contain:
      • From my Zodiac Boss thread: Zubeneschamali's Cusp, and Benard's Light.
      • Exclusive: a cyan pickaxe (With a rainbow tail at the end of the handle) called Pegasus. bronies would know who I'm referring to with this one (aside from the constellation that is). This weapon is 210 pickaxe power 50 melee damage, fast speed and average knockback. but it also has two unique attributes. The first if that leaves a rainbow stripped effect as you reach top movement speed and the second and most important; it is the only weapon that increases movement speed and flight time. Also there would be another weapon in the chest, A spear called Monoceros. It has 67 Melee damage, and can pierce up to five enemies. It also fires a projectile that bounces off wallas and hits more enemies. The spear resembles a Unicorn and is named for the Unicorn constellation.
    • The Crimson Chest would contain:
      • from my Zodiac Boss thread: Antares, and Nergal's Bow.
      • Exclusive: A Staff called Serpens which inflicts poison and Icthor debuffs with its projectiles. It has 65 Magic damage and slow speed, but the projectiles have a 1/3 chance of getting a debuff on a mob.
    • The New Dungeon Chest would contain:
      • From my Zodiac Boss thread: Deneb Algedi's Blade.
      • Exclusive: In yet another MLP reference, Lyra, a mint green... lyre. As for the weapon itself it works like the Magic harp, but the projectiles bounce off the walls. it has 80 magic damage, fast speed and average knockback, and a slightly low velocity.
    • The New Underworld Chest would contain:
      • From my Zodiac Boss thread: Sadalsudd Clover
      • Exclusive: A book called Cygnus. it has 70 magic damage and can fire a swan shape projectile with an ever increasing velocity. 115 magic damage and average speed.
      • Note: having Aquila, Lyra and Cygnus in the Hotbar will activate a set bonus. which will ads 15% damage as well as +2 tile placement range
    • The New Space Dungeon chest will contain:
      • From my Zodiac Boss thread: Van Maanen's Telescope
      • Exclusive: the Sirius, a Mace with 75 melee damage, high knock-back and low speed. The mace is blue with a dog's head.
  • Other items found in the Dungeon would be the Zodiac runes (Sprites:
    zodiac_rune_tomes_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d7k3an9.png
    ). These are yet more weapons from the Zodiac boss thread. There are 13 tomes, hidden in the spellbooks of the Space dungeon. These are the runes. More original weapons are found in chests and they are orange palette swaps of the ones found in the normal dungeon but with high end damage. They are:
    • Masamune: Sword, 58 melee damage
    • Sunbeam: Staff, 54 magic damage
    • Solar Eclipse, Mace. 50 melee damage. As the Sunfury already is a orange blue moon counterpart this one will be black and purple instead.
    • Space Ranger's Gun: Laser gun, 61 magic damage. needs 20 mana to fire.
    • The Colbalt Shield, Magic Missile and Aqua Bolt do not have counterparts in this dungeon.
For details on the items from my Zodiac boss ideas see this thread.

If you want to see a new dungeon and a reason to go to space beside souls of flight, please support this thread.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom