Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's fine the way it is

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Humerror

Steampunker
Space is my favorite biome. It saddens me to see its just a low gravity sky. Here is my collection of ideas on how to bring it to life.

Make worlds larger.
Not by much, but adding 30 or so blocks to new worlds on top, space gets some more space. (ba dum tiss)​
More enemies.
I envision space to be a harsh, difficult place to be. And a part of that, enemies.​
Spaceworm​
A massive wormlike creature that moves very fast.​
sprite_0.png
sprite_1.png
sprite_2.png
(Yes I just recolored that one)​
Meteor heads​
You're probably familiar with these. It's space, so why not?​
sprite_3.png
Mechanical monsters​
Lost Probe​
A destroyer probe which has gotten lost. A good way to get mechanical worms.​
sprite_4.png
Mechanical Skull​
Why is it out here? No clue. It shoots lasers and does contact damage. Good for getting mechanical skulls.​
sprite_5.png
Add terrain.
It would make space so much more interesting if large bulbous not-quite-meteors appeared up there.​
These would probably be made of stone, with a bit of ore and meteorite mixed in.​
Add a Debuff
Seeing as that you're in space, there isn't much air.​
Thin air​
sprite_8.png
(yes its a wide mouthed, paler edit of one of them)​
"It's hard to breathe!"​
Slower regeneration, and oxygen meter fills up slowly after exiting water/honey.​
Loot
Would make space have a use. You could find chests, and fish for crates here.​
sprite_8.gif
sprite_7.png
These would give some normal chest loot/fishing loot, slightly better as that space should be dangerous. They have chances to give weighted boots and maybe some cosmetic space suit vanity.​
Finally, navigation.
Space would be so much different if movement was more interesting.​
Reduced wing speed.​
Space has thinner air, right? Wings should be less effective.​
Weighted boots​
an accessory that can be worn that makes movement a bit more controllable, reducing the low gravity effect and improving walking mobility.​
Found in space crates and chests. Can be crafted at a tinkerer's workshop for some iron and some other leg armor or something.​
sprite_6.png
Edit: I forgot to mention that all the sprites are modified ones that already exist ingame, whether recolored, slightly changed, or mixed with another. These are merely for showing the concept, and are not to be taken seriously.​
Edit 2: Revised the loot section for clarity​
Ok I plan to add a lot, no more edit things here.​

Attachments

• sprite_0.png
    sprite_0.png
    2.3 KB · Views: 94
  • sprite_1.png
    sprite_1.png
    2.1 KB · Views: 94
  • sprite_2.png
    sprite_2.png
    1.9 KB · Views: 79
  • sprite_3.png
    sprite_3.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 89
  • sprite_4.png
    sprite_4.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 90
  • sprite_5.png
    sprite_5.png
    879 bytes · Views: 89
  • sprite_6.png
    sprite_6.png
    1 KB · Views: 88
  • sprite_7.png
    sprite_7.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 98
  • sprite_8.gif
    sprite_8.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Seems like a neat concept. Perhaps some new loot in the Space chests/crates? Also how would you get the Weighted Boots?

Seems like a neat concept. Perhaps some new loot in the Space chests/crates? Also how would you get the Weighted Boots?
Oh sorry I didn't make it clear, I was intending that the boots would be found in these space chests/crates, similarly to the horseshoes from sky islands or crafted from iron/lead bars and some leg armor of some kind, perhaps wood.

Oh sorry I didn't make it clear, I was intending that the boots would be found in these space chests/crates, similarly to the horseshoes from sky islands or crafted from iron/lead bars and some leg armor of some kind, perhaps wood.
Got it. Also maybe the Spaceworm should get its own sprite, but that's fine for now. You should keep adding stuff to this and it might get bigger!

Back
Top Bottom