Do you like this boss?

• Yes!

Votes: 73 100.0%
  • No! (Why)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pinelord

Official Terrarian
First boss suggestion ever, let's do this!

SPACE WHALE!

Space Whale!.png

Health: 60,000

Gigantic guy isn't he? He can spawn in space naturally after you've killed the Golem. He is as rare a spawn as the king slime though, so you're likely not going to find him like that easily. You can summon him with a Cosmic Krill. Big guy has gotta eat doesn't he? The whale will never go outside of space, but cannot go outside the world either. It is peaceful at first and doesn't attack you until you damage it.

Cosmic Krill
Cosmic Krill.png

Using it in space will summon the Space Whale.
Recipe:
Ectoplasm.png

Fallen_Star.png

Shrimp.png

You can craft it at a demon altar.

Different parts of the whales body have different stats and it moves like a worm, though bends less and some parts overlap slightly.
Thanks @kciwdahC

J72xhY8.png

Damage: 100
Defense: 50
Shoots lasers and occasionally opens it's mouth if you're too far. When open it sucks you in and stops once you're within 10 blocks of it. It will only do this however if you're 40 blocks away and in front of it, otherwise it will shoot you with the lasers. Lasers do 70 damage.

ESVmeUH.png

Damage: 75
Defense: 70
Every time its health goes down by 10,000 it will summon 7 meteorites from this part. To damage the whale you have to destroy the meteorites. More on this later.

8nfG4Up.png

Damage: 80
Defense: 60
Nothing special about this part. Move on.

Meteor_Head.png

Health: 100
Defense: 65
Damage: 150
They explode once killed, damaging both you and the whale. They can also give you irradiated if you touch them. More on the debuff at the end.

DROPS
Greater Healing Potions (5-15) 100%
Greater_Healing_Potion.png

Mask 14.29%
Mask.png

Trophy 10%
Trophy.png

Whale Flippers 6.67%
Whale Fins.png

Horned War Hammer 12.5%
Horned War Hammer.png

S.D.L. 12.5%
SDL.png

Black Hole Cannon 12.5%
Black Hole Cannon.png

Rocket Stick 12.5%
Rocket Stick.png

Star Lantern 10%
Star Lantern.png

ITEMS!
Horned War Hammer.png

Damage: 75
Use Time: 19
Hammer Power: 100%
Creates a shockwave when you hit an enemy that knocks all ground enemies within 5 blocks on either side of you 5 blocks in the air. Has a 5 second cooldown before it can do it again.

SDL.png

Damage: 70
Velocity: 11
Use Time: 30
Also known as Space Debris Launcher.
Shoots a meteorite that behaves like mines fired from the proximity mine launcher. They will give enemies irradiated.
Uses rockets as ammo.

Black Hole Cannon.png

Damage: 55
Velocity: 11
Use Time: 40
Mana: 25
Shoots a black hole that sucks in enemies that goes to where your mouse was. They take constant damage while being sucked in and lasts for 10 seconds. Vortex does not affect bosses.

Rocket Stick.png

Damage: 65
Mana: 10
Velocity: 10
Use Time: 35
Summons a miniature space ship that shoots lasers at enemies.

Star Lantern.png

Accessory
Shine Potion effect, +15% magic damage, all weapons give irradiated to enemies.

Whale Fins.png

Power: 180% (Or 142 blocks)
Speed: 123.750% (Same as spooky wings)
Can change gravity twice in the air.

Irradiated!
Irradiated.png

Glowing and taking 3 DPS.

So that's my first boss. @crackshotCerberus helped me to plan it out a bit, he deserves just as much credit as I do.
Also thanks to @kciwdahC who fixed the whale's sprite for me.
And finally, to Dragonith, the original artist who I got the idea from.
http://dragonith.deviantart.com/art/Starbound-Space-Whale-Sprite-504231350

Attachments

• Cosmic Krill.png
    Cosmic Krill.png
    554 bytes · Views: 428
Last edited:
I don't think I deserve half the credit, maybe 20% tops.

You really made this an awesome boss, the sprite is amazing and that is a creative effect on the wings. All things considered i must say you did really well.

I don't think I deserve half the credit, maybe 20% tops.

You really made this an awesome boss, the sprite is amazing and that is a creative effect on the wings. All things considered i must say you did really well.
Nonsense, any help at all makes me want to divide the credit evenly. Even if overly generous.

If it couldn't go out of space then couldn't you just trap it on the border of space and the sky? Maybe you should just make a enraged mode like plantera

If it couldn't go out of space then couldn't you just trap it on the border of space and the sky? Maybe you should just make a enraged mode like plantera
It means it will run away when the player is outside of space, the same way EoW/BoC do when the player leaves the Corruption/Crimson.

One concern

-Why an Imbuing Station? Sure it adds uniqueness, but it seems kinda strange.

Overall, this is definitely needed in Terraria! Full support! And for a 'bit' of a challenge, the spawning item would need all mech souls and soul of flight

One concern

-Why an Imbuing Station? Sure it adds uniqueness, but it seems kinda strange.

Overall, this is definitely needed in Terraria! Full support! And for a 'bit' of a challenge, the spawning item would need all mech souls and soul of flight
Well, would you craft it at an anvil? I could change it to a demon alter though.

Back
Top Bottom