Portfolio/Multi-Topic Spark's list of ideas (with reasoning!)

Simple🌳

Official Terrarian
You know, after the excitement of 1.4, I can't help but wonder what would make the game we all know and love called Terraria cooler. Of course, I am making mods, so I could add it in. But nonetheless, I would wonder, what if...

What if...
Rage of Tarunnk was the theme for Plantera's first phase? (Revised!)
As any Terraria Veteran and/or wiki surfer might know, Plantera has two phases. There is the first phase, a calm, yet deadly battle between an armed ape and a giant plant that takes place in the middle of the lush caves biome (this is clearly a joke.) The second phase is a lot more intense, with Plantera relentlessly charging at you non-stop and even damaging you with her(?) hook sometimes.

One problem I noticed with the fight is that no matter whatever phase Plantera is on, she(?) will always have the same intense metal boss music. This means that phase 1 will already start off intense, and phase 2 doesn't really add any "shock" factor. Using the scrapped Rage of Tarunnk theme as the first phase can help with that. The theme fits way more with Plantera's first phase, both the music and the fight have a slow but stealthy tone to it. And now, the second phase is much more impactful when it is introduced.

The Temple should be more lively (Draft)
I'll work on this idea sometime in the future, but here is a rough draft.

So, the temple needs to be improved. It's plain, it's boring. The only NPCs here are the Lihzahrds, the flying snakes, and the Golem. And while the loot may make up some of the boringness, it still needs a lot of improvement, especially when it comes to liveliness.

Let's get some ideas. One way the temple could be more lively, is changing the Lihzahrd so that they do something else other than mindlessly run around the temple while the player is not in sight. For example, Lihzahrds could be in a meditating position, and will have a waking animation once the player is noticed.

What about flying snakes? Well, let's see how we can improve this as well. Maybe flying snakes can act like they usually do but slowed down by a bit. They can maybe pause on any occasion, and suddenly charge at the player.

Last edited:
The Plantera music idea is a simple and excellent idea which can probably (and should) be implemented.

In-fact, I think all bosses with multiple phases should have the Otherworld music tracks and normal music tracks in their different phases.

The Plantera music idea is a simple and excellent idea which can probably (and should) be implemented.

In-fact, I think all bosses with multiple phases should have the Otherworld music tracks and normal music tracks in their different phases.
Very much agreed!

You know, after the excitement of 1.4, I can't help but wonder what would make the game we all know and love called Terraria cooler. Of course, I am making mods, so I could add it in. But nonetheless, I would wonder, what if, what if, what if...?

What if...
Rage of Tarunnk (Plantera Overworld theme) is the theme for Plantera's first phase?
Hear me out, I just love the idea of it. Plantera has two phases. Her first phase has this creepy-crawly feeling, Plantera creeps behind you, shooting seeds. She moves really slowly, and the only thing you need to do is the iconic "fly around the boss lul" technique. Now, His second phase is when things get intense, he starts dashing towards you at a speed, with many of tentacles around him, his hooks get faster, and the fight is overall more difficult, basically, he goes berserk. This is why Rage of Tarunnk is perfect for the first phase of Plantera, she doesn't move a lot, so the theme really fits her current state. But in his second phase, of course the original Plantera theme suits him, he's gone crazy, and the intense rock theme of Plantera's original theme fits this phase.

Ocram got cast back to the realm of Terraria.
Self-explanatory, a dumb idea.

Souls of Blight were added back into Terraria.
Now, let me explain. There were originally 7 souls in console and mobile Terraria. 7 is a lucky number. If the soul of blight was added back into Terraria, expect it to be the strongest soul, as it would be the seventh and final of the others, the one that rules them all. This soul will be rare, and mid-late game, most likely after the mechs or even after Plantera/Golem. This soul would be used to make a Lihzahrd power cell, or maybe something else, like the Tizona. Maybe the Tizona could be another Zenith recipe?

Terraria had more lore.
I just love lore. Minecraft has some interesting lore. Terraria has lore too, but the lore is only found in the celebration of Terraria's 8th anniversary, the bestiary, structures around the world, and the dungeon cultists with their tablet. Terraria lore should be more plentiful, and even though there is already a lot of structures, there isn't any block nor any NPC that leaves a mystery. All NPCs have bestiary descriptions, but there should at least be a few that can't be explained, which leads to the next topic.

Not everything in Terraria could be explained.
What if Terraria didn't explain everything? You can get bestiary descriptions for most NPCs, but maybe nobody knows what a Pigron could entail? This way, everything is more mysterious, and intimidating.

Terraria releases more lore pages to fill in plot holes?
What is the backstory of the Lunatic Cultist? Why does Plantera exist? What are the lihzahrds up to? And how did floating islands exist? But most importantly... Why do NPCs celebrate the player for beating Terraria is the player is the villain??????
/s

This post gets moved somewhere else.

If it does, thank you moderators. I don't know where this should fit, probably not here.
should be in suggestion threads

Lore shouldn't be thrown in your face like how Calamity does it. It should be implied from different sources ingame, but allow the players to connect the dots and make assumptions. I feel it's more fun that way.
Yes exactly, like when you have just bought the game, there should be a page or a button to press on the title screen, that explains the lore of Terraria. Could also add it in when you load up your very first world. Making it an option to decide whether you want to read it or not, or to even give your own thoughts on how it should be.

Yes exactly, like when you have just bought the game, there should be a page or a button to press on the title screen, that explains the lore of Terraria. Could also add it in when you load up your very first world.
No, that is the opposite of what I just said.

Lore should be more visual like with Minecraft, where mob drops, behaviors, structures, and art pieces form most of the lore we have in the game. It isn't directly explained, but implied and connected by players. The way Terraria currently does it, as well as the way you explained it, are much different. It's more in-your-face then Minecraft is.

Lore shouldn't be thrown in your face like how Calamity does it. It should be implied from different sources ingame, but allow the players to connect the dots and make assumptions. I feel it's more fun that way.
I see, that type of lore is called quasi-lore, which is great too, and when it comes to the bottom row, I do agree that it is more fun than direct lore. I actually believe this is a factor of why I do like Minecraft. Well, if not direct lore, than quasi-lore should be added, as it may give the player an idea of how Plantera is formed, rather than giving a firm answer. Honestly, quasi-lore is just as good, and I respect anyone's opinions of if lore, quasi-lore, or no lore should be present.

Looking back at this suggestion, I definitely could've worded this better. But because most of these ideas are trash ideas about me fanboying about Pre-1.3 Console and Mobile content and lore, I'll only revise my favorite idea.

Rage of Tarunnk (Plantera's Otherworld theme) was the theme for Plantera's first phase?
As any Terraria Veteran and/or wiki surfer might know, Plantera has two phases. There is the first phase, a calm, yet deadly battle between an armed ape and a giant plant that takes place in the middle of the lush caves biome (this is clearly a joke.) The second phase is a lot more intense, with Plantera relentlessly charging at you non-stop and even damaging you with her(?) hook sometimes.

One problem I noticed with the fight is that no matter whatever phase Plantera is on, she(?) will always have the same intense metal boss music. This means that phase 1 will already start off intense, and phase 2 doesn't really add any "shock" factor. Using the scrapped Rage of Tarunnk theme as the first phase can help with that. The theme fits way more with Plantera's first phase, both the music and the fight have a slow but stealthy tone to it. And now, the second phase is much more impactful when it is introduced.

Back
Top Bottom