Game Mechanics Spawn both evil chests in the Dungeon.

yes?

• Total voters

a31337

Terrarian
You can now obtain both evils without worldhopping. (from Dryad in graveyard). You can't obtain both evil biome chest weapons in the dungeon however. Maybe change?
p.s. i was told to post this here instead of the bug report forum some weeks ago so here i am

pros:
  • hints to the player that you can obtain the opposite evil without them having to RNG his way into progression.
    for added bonuses, maybe add a painting depicting a dryad in the graveyard biome, and then surrounding the opposite evil biome chest with graveyards
    or maybe even make a way of fishing the biome crates. maybe add a hard to obtain "rusty enchanted dungeon crate" that can be crafted with any of the biome keys to get the specific biome dungeon crate.
  • allows the player to collect both weapons without having to create a new world
cons:
  • completely ruins worldhopping strategy as a whole, there's now no more point in creating multiple worlds

You can now obtain both evils without worldhopping. (from Dryad in graveyard). You can't obtain both evil biome chest weapons in the dungeon however. Maybe change?
p.s. i was told to post this here instead of the bug report forum some weeks ago so here i am

pros:
  • hints to the player that you can obtain the opposite evil without them having to RNG his way into progression.
    for added bonuses, maybe add a painting depicting a dryad in the graveyard biome, and then surrounding the opposite evil biome chest with graveyards
    or maybe even make a way of fishing the biome crates. maybe add a hard to obtain "rusty enchanted dungeon crate" that can be crafted with any of the biome keys to get the specific biome dungeon crate.
  • allows the player to collect both weapons without having to create a new world
cons:
  • completely ruins worldhopping strategy as a whole, there's now no more point in creating multiple worlds
Well, they just made t so you don’t have to world hop for blocks and stuff not the dungeon, the only world with both chests is the 05162020 seed, I don’t think this will ever get added.(going into some lore thing I think of) cause if you think about it, why would there be that chest if the corruption or crimson isn’t naturally there, whoever made the chests wouldn’t have made the opposite evil because they wouldn’t know an about that other one, well besides that one world.

Well, they just made t so you don’t have to world hop for blocks and stuff not the dungeon, the only world with both chests is the 05162020 seed, I don’t think this will ever get added.(going into some lore thing I think of) cause if you think about it, why would there be that chest if the corruption or crimson isn’t naturally there, whoever made the chests wouldn’t have made the opposite evil because they wouldn’t know an about that other one, well besides that one world.
so they added the feature... in an easter egg. why not make it available for every world? I'm not playing drunk world just to get the two weapons, sorry.

so they added the feature... in an easter egg. why not make it available for every world? I'm not playing drunk world just to get the two weapons, sorry.
Yeah I get that, but what I’m saying is that I don’t think they will add it because of reasons I don’t know of, but my reason was in the lore related thing I wrote.

Yeah I get that, but what I’m saying is that I don’t think they will add it because of reasons I don’t know of, but my reason was in the lore related thing I wrote.
so fish for a magic crate that turns into whatever biome chest that you want by combining it with the appropriate biome key? obviously it can be a very low percentage

In case you haven't seen this post yet (buried in the 1.4 balance change thread):
It would be interesting if we could implement a renewable system for these, something that would be challenging to get, but viable for multiplayer servers. That same system would, in theory, allow for alt-biome HM Chest obtainment, since alt-biome seeds are available. Its not currently what I'd consider an oversight, though, there are still a substantial number of items that are not guaranteed in a world.

I think, fundamentally, there is a design philosophy that not all items must be available in a single world. Pyramids are the most obvious example of that, but it is not limited to them.

A lot of people want everything available in one world. That is not currently something Terraria guarantees. We've moved towards more renewability in 1.4, but there are a number of holdout examples that haven't quite been made guaranteed/renewable yet.

If they do decide against making both crimson and corruption biome chests available in every world, I would like to see an easier method to access biome chests in a secondary world. With the old (pre-1.3) system of key molds, you needed to kill Plantera to get another temple key to craft the biome key, and then you could open up the chests in another world without having to progress that world to post-Plantera. After 1.3, regardless of where the biome key is obtained from, you can only access biome chests in post-Plantera worlds, which is a good bit more tedious.

There may need to be some reconciliation between the views of world vs. player/character progression and what role they should play with the biome chests. Personally, I don't think there's a reason to force a player who has defeated Plantera already to completely redo Skeletron, WoF, mechs, and Plantera in a second world just to get access another biome chest.

Last edited:
completely ruins worldhopping strategy as a whole, there's now no more point in creating multiple worlds
I like it, everything must be obtained in one world, yes, in a dungeon the two evil chests must appear, all the statues, pictures and pyramid items must appear in crates too.
Everything must appear in one world only because if the game forcing the player to do more than one world for a character, will make the game less polite in my opinion.
And the finch staff, poor summoners, finch staff must have a guaranteed early source in a world too.

Last edited:
In case you haven't seen this post yet (buried in the 1.4 balance change thread):
It would be interesting if we could implement a renewable system for these, something that would be challenging to get, but viable for multiplayer servers. That same system would, in theory, allow for alt-biome HM Chest obtainment, since alt-biome seeds are available. Its not currently what I'd consider an oversight, though, there are still a substantial number of items that are not guaranteed in a world.

I think, fundamentally, there is a design philosophy that not all items must be available in a single world. Pyramids are the most obvious example of that, but it is not limited to them.

A lot of people want everything available in one world. That is not currently something Terraria guarantees. We've moved towards more renewability in 1.4, but there are a number of holdout examples that haven't quite been made guaranteed/renewable yet.

If they do decide against making both crimson and corruption biome chests available in every world, I would like to see an easier method to access biome chests in a secondary world. With the old (pre-1.3) system of key molds, you needed to kill Plantera to get another temple key to craft the biome key, and then you could open up the chests in another world without having to progress that world to post-Plantera. After 1.3, regardless of where the biome key is obtained from, you can only access biome chests in post-Plantera worlds, which is a good bit more tedious.

There may need to be some reconciliation between the views of world vs. player/character progression and what role they should play with the biome chests. Personally, I don't think there's a reason to force a player who has defeated Plantera already to completely redo Skeletron, WoF, mechs, and Plantera in a second world just to get access another biome chest.
Interesting. I still think they should be available for these reasons:
  • You can now get opposite evil keys by farming for bestiary completion in the opposite evil, but the keys cannot do anything.
  • The weapons are extremely rare to begin with. You aren't guaranteed to get any of the weapons just by playing the game, anyone trying to obtain them is actively looking for them.
  • Your point: it is tedious to create a post-plantera world.
I don't believe worlds should limit you to a [edit=needless repetition]certain[/edit] amount of options. A dedicated player should be able to unlock every single weapon in the game through a single world, if he is dedicated enough. You cannot see everything Terraria has to offer you by having every single weapon in the game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom