Question spawn manipulation question

Revy

Terrarian
Is there some way to prevent zombies spawn but not eyes on the farm?
I know they have different hit boxes so had tried several variations but it seems like for spawn they need some more space then size of their hitboxes
in attempt below mobs(zombies and eyes) spawns only at the left block, so it dosen't work at all
I would be grateful for any suggestions
1664735055290.png

in the process realized what farm is very unefficient in terms of possible spawn area over the platform

more efficient but i still dosn't know how to exclude zombies from spawn pool

Attachments

• Capture 2022-10-02 22_46_49.png
    Capture 2022-10-02 22_46_49.png
    222.1 KB · Views: 53
more efficient but i still dosn't know how to exclude zombies from spawn pool
With teleporter based farms I wouldn't use pressure plates as flying enemies might not hit the pressure plate. I like to use a dummy engine as this is more instantaneous. With the exit area I like to use a vertical hoik instead of a horizontal one as it minimises the time spent by the monsters in the teleport zone, reducing back teleporting. I'm not sure how to reduce the spawns to only be wandering eyes. But you can defo get higher spawn rates by putting it in a graveyard biome which allows night time enemies to spawn in the day.

With teleporter based farms I wouldn't use pressure plates as flying enemies might not hit the pressure plate. I like to use a dummy engine as this is more instantaneous. With the exit area I like to use a vertical hoik instead of a horizontal one as it minimises the time spent by the monsters in the teleport zone, reducing back teleporting. I'm not sure how to reduce the spawns to only be wandering eyes. But you can defo get higher spawn rates by putting it in a graveyard biome which allows night time enemies to spawn in the day.
Thanks, in process i already started to use a dummy engine. Vertical hoik is a good catch, i'll use this. About seperates eyes and zombies: i though about difference in hit boxes to move them in seperates ways, zombies to teleporter away and eyes into killbox but i dont sure if it's even possible
EDIT: btw as soon as i tried vertical hoik all problem solved immediately, it's works like a vertical hoik for 2x3 hitboxes and like a horizontal for 2x2 hitboxes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom