PC Spawn rebuild event - after a troll betrayed me..

shminkie

Terrarian
Hi! I know this is a bit short notice but I'm hoping any kind hearted Terrarians in here might see this and hop on over.
Last night I sadly forgot to remove the permissions to edit spawn of someone that I trusted. After he trolled my staff team heavily and after many warnings i was forced to ban him, he remembered he still had permissions to edit spawn and went on ahead to destroy the spawn on my beautiful 24/7 server completely.. ;(

I'm happy to say i received a lot of support from my community and i'd like to ask any of you creative Terrarians that want to leave their own creative footprint on my spawn for the rest of the server's lifetime to come help us! :naughty:

I will host the event in 3 hours from now, I'll be waiting at our event stage directly under spawn that's marked by a huge Goldfish. :sslime:

Thank you for reading and I hope to see some of you there today!:nursepassionate:

IP: 77.248.131.198
PORT: 7777
PASSWORD: take me to the universium

You can add me on discord too if you'd like: shminkie#2244

Last edited:
Can you reply to this thread when it opens? I don't want to end up missing it. (It would also be nice if I knew what biome it was so I could try to build something that works with the biome

Sorry this happened to you, but I'll take this opportunity to remind you and everyone: make (and keep) manual backups of your worlds and characters.

A backup can be restored in the event of catastrophic file corruption (say, due to a crash) or something like what happened here.

"Cloud saves" are generally not good backups - they are simply synced copies of your latest version. If your latest version is corrupt, most likely so is your cloud save.

Heyo, I was Misha in your game. As I've mentioned, I think you should try TEdit to restore your world.
(TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor)

I wanted to take a look if I could help out, but something that'd take a group of people hours could be done by 1 person in 5 minutes with TEdit. :)
You can also pass your map to me if you want me to take a swing at it, but I think TEdit is incredibly easy to use.

Can you reply to this thread when it opens? I don't want to end up missing it. (It would also be nice if I knew what biome it was so I could try to build something that works with the biome

Sorry @TheWofer27 , I saw your post too late. We've rebuilt the spawn with the community but we can still use some more decorating and stuff. :) even if u wanna give our spawn ur own personal touch that's fine too! :D You're also free to build anything u like in our world :happy:

If anyone wants to join the discord that is dedicated to my world, feel free to join https://discord.gg/AFtNGub :D

Also, thank you
@Tunnel King for your kind reminder.

Heyo, I was Misha in your game. As I've mentioned, I think you should try TEdit to restore your world.
(TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor)

I wanted to take a look if I could help out, but something that'd take a group of people hours could be done by 1 person in 5 minutes with TEdit. :)
You can also pass your map to me if you want me to take a swing at it, but I think TEdit is incredibly easy to use.

@Gotcha! thanks for swinging by! :D I will most definitely look into TEdit. But what do you mean pass my world over to you? I host 24/7 dedicated so i'm not sure how that would work :p and i gotta say hearing you say u have a more traditional style intrigued me! i'd love to see some of your creations! :passionate:

Only in case you wouldn't know how to use TEdit. But really, it's easy. Anyway, you'd have to stop your server while editing though.

It's totally up to you, of course. If all you guys are like: "Meh, we'll get over it", then I'd say just keep on playing.

Edit: Euh, yeah, I dunno what the word was that I'm looking for. It's just that I am generally not into flashy stuff, so when you told me I could help decorating the spawn, I was a bit like: "Well, euh..."

I should still have a topic around showing some of my stuff, although they're old pictures; some things have been updated. Lemme find it.

Edit 2: PC - Gotcha's Assorted Ruins, Dwellings and Habitats

Only in case you wouldn't know how to use TEdit. But really, it's easy. Anyway, you'd have to stop your server while editing though.

It's totally up to you, of course. If all you guys are like: "Meh, we'll get over it", then I'd say just keep on playing.
Ah I see. I think i'll be able to figure it out. :happy: I'll hit you up if I can't, if you dont mind. :p Thank you for your offer and if you ever feel like logging into Shminkie's Funworld again, maybe we can build something traditional together! hue hue :cool:

Sorry @TheWofer27 , I saw your post too late. We've rebuilt the spawn with the community but we can still use some more decorating and stuff. :) even if u wanna give our spawn ur own personal touch that's fine too! :D You're also free to build anything u like in our world :happy:

If anyone wants to join the discord that is dedicated to my world, feel free to join https://discord.gg/AFtNGub :D

Also, thank you
@Tunnel King for your kind reminder.

@Gotcha! thanks for swinging by! :D I will most definitely look into TEdit. But what do you mean pass my world over to you? I host 24/7 dedicated so i'm not sure how that would work :p and i gotta say hearing you say u have a more traditional style intrigued me! i'd love to see some of your creations! :passionate:
Actually, I ended up trying it the moment I posted that, so I've been in for a while now :). Have to go though :/

We fixed it up a while back (except for some protected regions). Now the server's closed.

Tried the ip, took me somewhere weird.

Last edited:
Sorry this happened to you, but I'll take this opportunity to remind you and everyone: make (and keep) manual backups of your worlds and characters.

A backup can be restored in the event of catastrophic file corruption (say, due to a crash) or something like what happened here.

"Cloud saves" are generally not good backups - they are simply synced copies of your latest version. If your latest version is corrupt, most likely so is your cloud save.

I need to clarify that "cloud saves" is an overly broad way to describe this. If by chance you mean "Steam cloud", then yes, I agree.

For me, I save my worlds using Google Drive (now Backup and Sync), which is easily the best way I have ever used for this purpose.

Back
Top Bottom