Game Mechanics Spawn with better stuff

yudgefudge

The Destroyer
Basically, the topic sums it up. Instead of spawning with a Copper Shortsword, Axe and Pickaxe, you instead spawn with:
(All these apply to Normal mode only)
1 of the four items:
  • Wooden Sword (guaranteed to have a good prefix, but not the Legendary prefix) (the prefix is not guaranteed in Mediumcore and Hardcore)
  • Wooden Bow (guaranteed to have a good prefix, but not the Unreal prefix) (the prefix is not guaranteed in Mediumcore and Hardcore)
  • Wand of Sparking (guaranteed to have a good prefix) (the prefix is not guaranteed in Mediumcore and Hardcore)
  • Butterfly Staff (I'll get to that) (guaranteed to have a good prefix) (the prefix is not guaranteed in Mediumcore and Hardcore)
1 Copper Pickaxe
1 Copper Axe
3 Lesser Healing Potions
1 of the three potions:
  • 1 Swiftness Potion
  • 1 Regeneration Potion
  • 1 Ironskin Potion
1 of the following accesories:
  • Band of Regeneration
  • Aglet
  • Shackle
  • Climbing Claws
Butterfly Staff
Damage: 4
No knockback
Mana: 4
Use time: 20
Velocity: 8
Cannot pass through blocks. Flies through enemies at a very fast rate, slicing with their wings.
This is a simple QoL addition that can make a new player a little better off than normal.

Last edited:
I don't agree with this personally, mate. Honestly - if you just want to spawn in with 'better stuff' then I'd find a mod that does this. Wooden tools being better than metal tools just wouldn't make sense. But hey - it is just a game.

Although I do like the idea regarding spawning in with one of the accessories listed, I think that would be good to be honest.

This basically makes copper tools useless plus the copper short sword is too much of a legend. Also mage and summoner are harder because they are hard to adapt into when starting into the world, especially summoner. Thats what make them special. Also I like the idea of the butterfly staff just being in a wooden chest on the surface under those overhangs or in a living wood tree instead.

Well, this isn’t a completely terrible idea.

I would personally say that you drop the accessories. They’re found easily enough through exploring/minimal farming.

The potions are fine, in my opinion, because they’re consumables and still promote adventure.

I love the idea of having a specialized weapon at the start, a sort of suggestion on which class you could go for this time. It also adds a little variety to eac new character (besides the appearance, of course.)

Also, I would suggest this to be a new mode, for those who want help. I would call it something like, Noobcore, or Fluffy Adventure. Basically something that promotes an easier time.

Back
Top Bottom