• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • 1.4 will bring many changes to the PC version. We strongly advise making plans to back up your worlds and players prior to updating your game. More details here.
  • Begin your search for Journey's End information here and here. Please report bugs and issues for Journey's End here.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Spawn with better stuff

Danny Ω

The Destroyer
Basically, the topic sums it up. Instead of spawning with a Copper Shortsword, Axe and Pickaxe, you instead spawn with:
(All these apply to Normal mode only)
1 of the four items:
  • Wooden Sword (guaranteed to have a good prefix, but not the Legendary prefix) (the prefix is not guaranteed in Mediumcore and Hardcore)
  • Wooden Bow (guaranteed to have a good prefix, but not the Unreal prefix) (the prefix is not guaranteed in Mediumcore and Hardcore)
  • Wand of Sparking (guaranteed to have a good prefix) (the prefix is not guaranteed in Mediumcore and Hardcore)
  • Butterfly Staff (I'll get to that) (guaranteed to have a good prefix) (the prefix is not guaranteed in Mediumcore and Hardcore)
1 Copper Pickaxe
1 Copper Axe
3 Lesser Healing Potions
1 of the three potions:
  • 1 Swiftness Potion
  • 1 Regeneration Potion
  • 1 Ironskin Potion
1 of the following accesories:
  • Band of Regeneration
  • Aglet
  • Shackle
  • Climbing Claws
Butterfly Staff
Damage: 4
No knockback
Mana: 4
Use time: 20
Velocity: 8
Cannot pass through blocks. Flies through enemies at a very fast rate, slicing with their wings.
This is a simple QoL addition that can make a new player a little better off than normal.

Last edited:

Viktori

Terrarian
I don't agree with this personally, mate. Honestly - if you just want to spawn in with 'better stuff' then I'd find a mod that does this. Wooden tools being better than metal tools just wouldn't make sense. But hey - it is just a game.

Although I do like the idea regarding spawning in with one of the accessories listed, I think that would be good to be honest.

SimeaseKitten

Plantera
This basically makes copper tools useless plus the copper short sword is too much of a legend. Also mage and summoner are harder because they are hard to adapt into when starting into the world, especially summoner. Thats what make them special. Also I like the idea of the butterfly staff just being in a wooden chest on the surface under those overhangs or in a living wood tree instead.

(Peb)ble

Official Terrarian
Well, this isn’t a completely terrible idea.

I would personally say that you drop the accessories. They’re found easily enough through exploring/minimal farming.

The potions are fine, in my opinion, because they’re consumables and still promote adventure.

I love the idea of having a specialized weapon at the start, a sort of suggestion on which class you could go for this time. It also adds a little variety to eac new character (besides the appearance, of course.)

Also, I would suggest this to be a new mode, for those who want help. I would call it something like, Noobcore, or Fluffy Adventure. Basically something that promotes an easier time.

Top Bottom