Biomes & Nature deleted

Although the idea doesn't sounds that bad, but I think it would be very complicated?
Also, I think - since 1.4? - the world seeds and stuff pre-determinate where the hallow and the evil parts of the "V" will spawn.

by the way creating these biomes artifically is not that hard, once in hardmode, you don't need clemtaminator for it, seed, thrown powder, thrown water are quite useful too, and can be acquired relatively easily, before any mech boss.
They'll spread rapidly pre-plantera anyway.
Purifying them on the other hand... yeah, that can be tough prior to having the clemtaminator.

Sorry for vague title, I couldn't think of a short title. Allow me to explain.

I'll use the Hallowed biome as example as it's the first one that comes to mind. Currently it is up to RNG (to the players knowledge) where the Hallowed will spawn. My suggestion is to nudge hard-mode biome spawns into the players control.

This would be done through a craft-able item that we'll call the 'Hallowed Shrine', that you can place anywhere in the world (PRE-HARDMODE) that tells the game to spawn in whatever biome it is that correlates to the shrine near the item when used. This item would be entirely useless upon entering hard-mode outside of decoration, and is only useful if you want to manipulate roughly where generation will occur. Meaning it is completely optional!

This would help circumvent an issue I often encounter when entering hard-mode, where certain sub-biomes upon entering Hard-mode have unique mobs tied to them (corruption desert for example). If you're unlucky with these spawning biomes you won't have access to these mobs and their loot tables/blocks until way later in the Hard-mode progression with the Clemtaminator.

Outside of practical uses, being able to roughly choose where the Hallowed will generate is the key focus here. I think it would be a very welcomed addition.

The location of the shrine could be treated as a "very loud suggestion" for the world generation, to keep some RNG/unpredictability intact, but still give the player more control over their world for early hard-mode.

--TL;DR--

New item ("Shrine") craft-able prehardmode, when placed and used it suggests to the game when entering hardmode that the biome correlated to the shrine will spawn around it. Giving players more control over their world. COMPLETELY OPTIONAL!

Man, that would be great. World evil spawning in used to not matter since it was always far enough from your base to ignore, but now that 1.4 is out and you’re encouraged to spread towns across the map, the new crimson ruins at least one of my towns almost every time. It’s a pain in the :red: to find a new place to move NPCs in the biome they like, especially if it’s your snow biome that gets eaten up. Hallowed has this issue too - even though pylons will still work, you usually want to optimize NPC happiness. There’s also what you already pointed out with the hybrid biomes and the jungle.

Only issue is, how would you obtain the hallowed shrine? Making a corrupt shrine with rotten chunks, demonite and shadow scales makes sense, but you’d need some prehardmode materials that feel Hallowed.

Back
Top Bottom