Console Spawning Golfer in pre 1.4 world

Phemt666

Terrarian
Hi everyone, I was trying to make the Golfer spawn in my main world, made before 1.4 release, just because I want a complete world. Around the internet there are discordant opinions. So I'm not sure if it's possible.

According to this part of the wiki that I'm posting below, it says that is possible to make him spawn "before 1.3", which is kinda weird, considering this npc was introduce with 1.4. Anyway, I tryed the wall stuff suggested on the wiki, the background music turned into underground desert, but no sign of desert specific enemies nor the Golfer.

Does someone knows if is possible? Some mod or admin, or someone who worked to the game with developers can please clarify this?
Thanks 🙂

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-29-13-20-17-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-04-29-13-20-17-31.jpg
    579.5 KB · Views: 44
The golfers spawning conditions rely on the underground dessert, which was introduced as one of the many changes and additions 1.3 made.

The golfers spawning conditions rely on the underground dessert, which was introduced as one of the many changes and additions 1.3 made.
Yes, I know. Unfortunately my main world is pre 1.3 too, so I tried to recreate the underground desert with walls like suggested in the wiki. The background music changed correctly, but nothing else changed, no specific enemies and no Golfer 😕 This mean that I can't make him spawn in This world?

I don’t know if this has changed but usually using the clentaminator on the walls(as in making them corrupted or crimsoned or hallowed than make them back to normal) converts it into natural background walls

Try up scaling your setup to make sure that you have the appropriate spawning conditions off screen while you are still in your artificially made "naturally generated" underground dessert biome.

I don’t know if this has changed but usually using the clentaminator on the walls(as in making them corrupted or crimsoned or hallowed than make them back to normal) converts it into natural background walls

Try up scaling your setup to make sure that you have the appropriate spawning conditions off screen while you are still in your artificially made "naturally generated" underground dessert biome.
I tryed both, unfortunately with no success. I don't know, maybe my world is too "old"? I made it back in the ps3 version of the game, not sure if it could be this. Anyway, I'll keep trying. Thanks again for the suggestions 🙂
P.S. Is there someone that was able to make him spawn by placing walls, corrupting them and make them back to normal? Just to have some confirmations that is possible.

Back
Top Bottom