Resolved Spawning Truffle in Don't Dig Up seed?

Jabberwocky

Skeletron Prime
I can't seem to get the Truffle to spawn in Don't Dig Up. The wiki says it should be able to move into the Glowing Mushroom biome directly above the Underworld spawn point, but it won't show up. I built a mushroom house in the biome directly above base, then built another house a little further up (where the biome music changes to the usual glowing mushroom music), and it just won't appear.
I'm in Hardmode. I've already killed Golem, so it's not even early HM.
Anyone have any information about this?

Last edited:
So... I figured this out. I actually had to carve out an area at the Surface level (I put it at 2' Surface level), made a surface Glowing Mushroom (GM) biome, built a mushroom house, then carved away the Crimson around the biome until the Truffle would move in. THEN I was able to transfer him to the house I built in the GM biome just above the Underworld spawn point.

The wiki for Don't Dig Up says it should be able to spawn in the GM biome just above spawn, but no; I tried in that area, in the forest area above it (which kind of behaves like Surface), and even made a GM biome ON the starting ash island in the Underworld. You'll need to carve out a "safe" surface GM biome in the Crimson/Corruption to spawn it (or maybe build one far enough above the surface or out on an ocean that the Evil doesn't affect it), THEN you can move your Truffle to another GM biome house afterward.

(In case anyone is wondering why this is such a production: in DDU, the entire surface layer is Evil with a very high spawn rate, and the Steampunker doesn't sell the Clentaminator. So this is quite a bit of work.)

Last edited:
I can't seem to get the Truffle to spawn in Don't Dig Up. The wiki says it should be able to move into the Glowing Mushroom biome directly above the Underworld spawn point, but it won't show up. I built a mushroom house in the biome directly above base, then built another house a little further up (where the biome music changes to the usual glowing mushroom music), and it just won't appear.
I'm in Hardmode. I've already killed Golem, so it's not even early HM.
Anyone have any information about this?
Thank you for this. Been having same problem. Built 3 houses in 3 different mushroom areas and no spawn. Will try this. Thanks !

Back
Top Bottom