NPCs & Enemies Special NPC quotes while wearing the Moon Charm at night.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know Neptune's Shell would need it's own special quotes, but for now I came up with some NPC quotes with the Moon Charm that I thought seemed fitting. Feel free to suggest alternate Moon Charm quotes and Neptune's Shell quotes as well.

... And yes, the Biome-Themed NPC Lines thread "inspired" me. XD
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angler:
"Hey, you're just they guy I was looking for... To fish me up a wolf fish! You speak their language, right?"
When the quest has been finished for the day: "I've got nothing else for you, shoo. Go beg for scraps or whatever elsewhere."

Arms Dealer: "... You'd be perfect to help me practice my aim if these silver bullets were worth a darn."
"A werewolf wants a gun? Heh, that's hilarious."
"You're a lapdog, aren't you? Who do you think you're fooling?"

Clothier: "Oh no, you've been cursed too haven't you? Oh, this is all my fault..."
"Ah, hello! Would you like to buy some fine quality clothing to not put on?"

Cyborg: "... I can relate, I am part robot."
"What did one dog say to the other? Nothing, dogs can't talk!"

Demolitionist: "Gah, a monster! Blow it up!"
"Oh, it's just you... Can I blow you up regardless? Heh, just kidding."

Dryad: "Your body is 67% corrupt, and your brain is 33% hallow."
"You're not surprising me with that, I've seen many werewolves in my time."

Dye Trader: "Goodness gracious, put some clothes on!"
"Where does all of your clothing go?"
If the Stylist is available: "I can... Dye your fur, you say? Isn't that something you should see [Stylist] for?"

Goblin Tinkerer: "Hey, do you happen to have a Neptune's Shell? ... No particular reason, why?"
"I'm sure with that massive hairdo you'd make an excellent Goblin King... If we had one."
When first freed: "Out of the frying pan, into the ov-... Wait, you're not going to enslave me again?"

Guide: "Ah yes! That'll definitely help your survivability!"
"Hey now... Let's not threaten my survivability while we're at it, hmm?"

Mechanic: "What is this, some kind of animatronic suit?"
"Here, take a chew toy. I made it out of the scrap metal from my duplicating machine project."
When first freed: "Either my eyes are deceiving me, or I was just freed by a werewolf..."

Merchant: "Hey, wait! Before you bite my head off, why not try some delicious pumpkin pie?"
"You look hungry! I'll have you know that I don't taste nearly as good as this plate of fish!"

Nurse: "Are you sure you don't need a vet instead?"
"Doesn't your kind regenerate quick or something?"
"Now, open wide and say AAAHHHHHHHHHRF."
If the Angler is available: "Ugh, quit whining. You're worse than [Angler] going on about his master plan or whatever he constantly blabs on about. Kids..."

Painter: "... Oh, it's just you. For a split second there I thought you were going to paint my outsides red."
If not a hue of blue from dye: "I'd normally recommend a nice orange as it helps to contrast the blue hue of the fur... But you're not even blue."

Party Girl: "Hey, are you a mascot or something? Cool, we can work together!"
"So like, do you hang out with vampires? I'd totally want to meet one of your friends."
During the Halloween event: "Hey, gather the other monsters for me so we can have a monster bash! Pretty please?"

Pirate: "Ye lookin' a wee bit hairy there, kid."
"Shiver me timberwolves!"

Santa Claus: "Oh ho ho no, I didn't mistake December for October again, did I?"
"Who's been a good boy this year? ... You have!"
"Oh dear, it looks like I've already packaged all of the dog whistles I had."

Skeleton Merchant: "Agh, no! My arm isn't for sale, give it back!"
"I have glowsticks! Ooh, look at the pretty colors! You want one, don't you?"

Steampunker: "Well aren't you adorable!"
"Oi, wolfperson! Here, try these goggles on. It'll help your ten-mile stare, probably."

Stylist: "You want me to work with THAT? You must be out of your mind!"
"I may be a professional dear, but I'm not a goddess."
When first freed: "Oh darling... Your hair is even worse than mine, and I've been down here for ages!"

Tax Collector: "Oh... A-are you the w-wolf of Halloween p-past?"
When collecting: "Here! Take it! Please don't eat my money!"
When already collected: "I... I don't have any m-more for you right n-now... I swear it!"

Truffle: "OH GOSH, don't eat me!"
"These baby truffles aren't being sold as snacks!"
"I'm... Uh, keeping my eye on you."

Witch Doctor: "I see nature has bestowed a great gift upon you. I highly recommend you do not use it to maul me."

Wizard: "Ack, a monst... No? Ok."
"... Would you mind if I petted you? Yes? Ok."
When first freed: "Oh thank you, vile creature!"
What about Golfer + Zoologist? I think Zoologist's quote could be really cool, maybe having certain items could affect happiness, and Zoologist would be happy she's not the only were-being around?

well after seeing this idea cause of necroposting i had a thought what if NPCs reacted to invisibility and not just being a furry or a merfolk i suppose the idea here is to make their quotes more interactive with the player in general obviously we're not gonna do debuffs except maybe tipsy for obvious reasons that the durations are too short for the player to interact with NPCs to get said quote.

well after seeing this idea cause of necroposting i had a thought what if NPCs reacted to invisibility and not just being a furry or a merfolk i suppose the idea here is to make their quotes more interactive with the player in general obviously we're not gonna do debuffs except maybe tipsy for obvious reasons that the durations are too short for the player to interact with NPCs to get said quote.
That is actually a really good idea that I wouldn't have thought about. It'd be hilarious if they reacted to the player being invisible, as well as other such things, like perhaps being upside down as well.

Back
Top Bottom