Items Special Paints, a different way to paint stuff. (And animated Paintings)

Chocosta

Paladin
Bonjour/Bonswar people ! I'm here (again ?) to talk about some other suggestions to express more of our creativity : the Special Paints and the Animated Painting !

As the majority of the special dyes are animated (or are depending on the light level), why not doing the same thing with the painter so he gives us like 300-500 units of, for example, gel paint, golden paint and such ?

The look of these paints in your inventory would be about the same as the normal paints, just having a bit of said paint on top of the bucket.

I had the idea of Paints we could call the "Reversing Paint" and the "Upside Down Paint". As their names suggest it, painting a block could reverse his sprite or turn it upside down. these paints could also work with other paints as they don't modify the color of any block/tile
Speaking about tiles, to avoid having weird stuff going on with a campfire(Or anything else) , if you paint the whole Campfire, the whole Campfire will be a mirror image, horizontally or vertically (depends on which paint you use).

Now that special paints are done, let's move on to the animated paintings !
Bring a Blank Canvas (Obtained randomly in chests or random mob drop) to the painter and he will give you a random animated painting that can be placed in your house !
I don't have anything else to say about this thing, except it can be PRETTY !

That's all I have to say about this idea !
Tell me if you have any more ideas, I'll make sure you get credits on the thread ASAP.
Thanks for reading :)

What ? a :joy: animated painting ? NOPE.

Last edited:
Bonjour/Bonswar people ! I'm here (again ?) to talk about some other suggestions to express more of our creativity : the Special Paints and the Animated Painting !

As the majority of the special dyes are animated (or are depending on the light level), why not doing the same thing with the painter so he gives us like 300-500 units of, for example, gel paint, golden paint and such ?

The look of these paints in your inventory would be about the same as the normal paints, just having a bit of said paint on top of the bucket.

I had the idea of Paints we could call the "Reversing Paint" and the "Upside Down Paint". As their names suggest it, painting a block could reverse his sprite or turn it upside down. these paints could also work with other paints as they don't modify the color of any block/tile
Speaking about tiles, to avoid having weird stuff going on with a campfire(Or anything else) , if you paint the whole Campfire, the whole Campfire will be a mirror image, horizontally or vertically (depends on which paint you use).

Now that special paints are done, let's move on to the animated paintings !
Bring a Blank Canvas (Obtained randomly in chests or random mob drop) to the painter and he will give you a random animated painting that can be placed in your house !
I don't have anything else to say about this thing, except it can be PRETTY !

That's all I have to say about this idea !
Tell me if you have any more ideas, I'll make sure you get credits on the thread ASAP.
Thanks for reading :)

What ? a :joy: animated painting ? NOPE.
Animated Paints = IMMENSE LAG
If someone put a bunch of animated paint somewhere it would lag alot

Animated Paints = IMMENSE LAG
If someone put a bunch of animated paint somewhere it would lag alot
Campfires, butterfly jars or cages are animated. Putting a bunch of these somewhere shouldn't cause any lag.

Imagine you create a world. Now let's imagine there are about 30 houses (it may be more in reality) in the underworld. In each house there are usually more than 10 demon torches and an average of 2 hellforges,
Only with that you got 360 animated tiles.
In the dungeon, there are like 20 candles, some summoning tables, some lit lanterns... Let's say there are about 100 animated tiles in it.
The rain clouds make rain fall on a quite long height and there are 50 rain clouds directly able to rain.
I haven't told about the rainbow bricks, (gotta place them), the animated water/lava/honey surface or waterfalls (And there are a LOT of them, which combined together are certainly a hell more than 1500 tiles long).

SO with what I sais above even at the beginning of your world there are a BUNCH of animated stuff that are animated 100% of the time you play on the world.

And then come the animated tiles you places, the naturally animated ones : Sawmill (reminds me of some abandoned underground structures containing sawmills sometimes), Dying Vat, Furnace, Torches, etc... Campfires.
Yeah but Imagine painting a campfire and placing a lot of them and then painting them

Who in the community is going to place more than 100 campfires in a single world ? (My maximum is around 20.)
Maybe the MEGA builders/mapmakers.. Oh wait.. THESE GUYS use a load of animated tiles to build houses/farms/beautiful things.

To conclude, Terraria is one of the best optimised games I've ever seen. I have no doubt animated paints can be added.

Imagine you create a world. Now let's imagine there are about 30 houses (it may be more in reality) in the underworld. In each house there are usually more than 10 demon torches and an average of 2 hellforges,
Only with that you got 360 animated tiles.
In the dungeon, there are like 20 candles, some summoning tables, some lit lanterns... Let's say there are about 100 animated tiles in it.
The rain clouds make rain fall on a quite long height and there are 50 rain clouds directly able to rain.
I haven't told about the rainbow bricks, (gotta place them), the animated water/lava/honey surface or waterfalls (And there are a LOT of them, which combined together are certainly a hell more than 1500 tiles long).

SO with what I sais above even at the beginning of your world there are a BUNCH of animated stuff that are animated 100% of the time you play on the world.

And then come the animated tiles you places, the naturally animated ones : Sawmill (reminds me of some abandoned underground structures containing sawmills sometimes), Dying Vat, Furnace, Torches, etc... Campfires.

Who in the community is going to place more than 100 campfires in a single world ? (My maximum is around 20.)
Maybe the MEGA builders/mapmakers.. Oh wait.. THESE GUYS use a load of animated tiles to build houses/farms/beautiful things.

To conclude, Terraria is one of the best optimised games I've ever seen. I have no doubt animated paints can be added.
For some reason every once in a while I will get lag from an animated dye :P

Back
Top Bottom