3DS Specific items disappearing from inventory

Pitr

Terrarian
Hello! So. I'm playing Terraria on 3DS, had the game for a few weeks, everything's going swimmingly. Just started exploring my second world this week. Suddenly, items are vanishing from my inventory!

I did some Googling and found a number of similar glitches over the years, but didn't find anyone with this specific issue. Here's what's happening. I'll go into the inventory, select an item, and then exit the inventory back to the overworld. My item box will flash, empty, and when I return to the inventory, the item is gone. Strangely, if I go into building mode, I'm able to place and use the items from the sidebar, but if I try and access them from the inventory, they disappear.

I restarted the game a few times without saving, so I was able to replicate the problem to figure out exactly what was happening, if not why. It's only certain items; so far, it's the Safe, the Keg, and any chests, as well as switches, wire, and pumps. Other items go in and out of inventory just fine. I checked to see if it happens in my first world as well, and it does.

Any help? Ideas? I'm really falling in love with this game, and I would hate for a glitch like this to put a hamper on that. Thanks everyone!

Hello! So. I'm playing Terraria on 3DS, had the game for a few weeks, everything's going swimmingly. Just started exploring my second world this week. Suddenly, items are vanishing from my inventory!

I did some Googling and found a number of similar glitches over the years, but didn't find anyone with this specific issue. Here's what's happening. I'll go into the inventory, select an item, and then exit the inventory back to the overworld. My item box will flash, empty, and when I return to the inventory, the item is gone. Strangely, if I go into building mode, I'm able to place and use the items from the sidebar, but if I try and access them from the inventory, they disappear.

I restarted the game a few times without saving, so I was able to replicate the problem to figure out exactly what was happening, if not why. It's only certain items; so far, it's the Safe, the Keg, and any chests, as well as switches, wire, and pumps. Other items go in and out of inventory just fine. I checked to see if it happens in my first world as well, and it does.

Any help? Ideas? I'm really falling in love with this game, and I would hate for a glitch like this to put a hamper on that. Thanks everyone!
Sounds like there is a bug with multifunction placeables. I'd file a support ticket with 505 http://support.505games.com/

Sorry to bump an old thread, just been hit with this bug as well, it's made me afraid to play and I've done everything short of deleting save data :(
I've tried 505 support and they referred me to the bug form which I filled out, also tried repairing downloaded data via the eShop utility, no luck. Did you find a solution Pitr?

I hate to say it, but no! I've actually stopped playing altogether because of it, which is really tragic. I've also considered wiping save data, but the thought of rebuilding everything I'd done from zero is a little too daunting to go through with it.

Sorry for the somewhat-necro, but I have relevant information.

I was having the same problem OP described. I did some searching around and this was one of like 3 links google took me to that had anything to do with the problem. None of the links were useful and nobody really knew what to do or how to fix it. So I decided to take it upon myself.

After several days of experimenting and testing, I can now confidently say the problem, at least for me, is simply the result of having a Bee Gun in the very first slot, with a modifier of "Murderous".

What I know for sure:
-Moving the Bee Gun to any other slot fixes the issue.
-Reforging the Bee Gun to another modifier fixes the issue.
-A Bee Gun with no modifier in the first slot can't trigger the bug.
-A different weapon with the "Murderous" modifier in the first slot isn't guaranteed to trigger the bug (tested with a Murderous Space Gun).
-Some items will be deleted but some won't.
-The Bee Gun is quite buggy, no pun intended.

What I don't know:
-If this bug can be recreated using other weapons.
-If this bug can be recreated using other modifiers.
-If this bug can be recreated using other slots.

How to recreate this bug:
1. Put a Murderous Bee Gun in the very first slot.
2. Open your inventory and select a stack of dirt.
3. Close the inventory screen.
4. The stack should now be one number lower.
Opening and closing the inventory screen will cause the stack of dirt to decrease and even delete from your inventory. This doesn't just apply to dirt. This bug also deletes ores, piggy banks, trophies, and various other items.

This seems to be an oddly specific bug. I don't know what other weapon, modifier, and slot combos could trigger this bug. but this information should be enough to build on and help people get back to playing Terraria on the 3DS.

For other people having this issue; What was the item in your very first slot? Did swapping the item in the slot to something else fix the problem?

Back
Top Bottom