Blocks & Decoration Spectre Bricks

Should there be a dungeon spirit face in the center of them?

• Yes

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Impostor

The Axe
I was using Shroomite Plating to build a part of my base and wondered if there was a Spectre Equivalent. Sadly, there is not. So I thought of a recipe for Spectre Bars for an analogue

25 Stone and 1 Spectre Bar would give 25 Spectre Bricks. Now I'm not too good at Pixel Art but I made a concept (not what they'd actually look like, just a test) here, which is a recolor of red brick in the Spectre Bar colors. For the actual brick, Think of something similar to the dungeon bricks but a lot brighter with those colors and less broken. This would fit well with a gothic style in texture.

I thought of two different 3x3 concepts as well, with the one on the left having a dungeon spirit face in the center and the one on the right not. Tell me which one you guys like better in the poll!

SpectreBrickRecolor.png

I like boþ. Ðe spirit trapped in ðe bricks looks good, but I could also understand not wanting it in some builds so I'm not sure which is better. I guess it would be best to have ðe face, since wiþout it your bricks would be pretty similar to painted dungeon bricks.

If you can come up with something original that is reminiscent of the aesthetic of dungeon bricks but also had a spookier vibe to it, that would be great! Perhaps keep the bright blue colour for it too.

But the bright blue bricks aren't too shabby either, I like them.

I like boþ. Ðe spirit trapped in ðe bricks looks good, but I could also understand not wanting it in some builds so I'm not sure which is better. I guess it would be best to have ðe face, since wiþout it your bricks would be pretty similar to painted dungeon bricks.
Thank you for the input! You do have a good point about the painted dungeon bricks though. Maybe it could be reminiscent of what the dungeon was like in the lore, When it used to be a city full of life? So there'd be no chips at the edges or anything, so it'd be less jagged
If you can come up with something original that is reminiscent of the aesthetic of dungeon bricks but also had a spookier vibe to it, that would be great! Perhaps keep the bright blue colour for it too.

But the bright blue bricks aren't too shabby either, I like them.
Thank you for the input! For the spooky vibe, maybe something similar to Spectre Armor work better, where it could be a dirty white with some bright blue undertones? I definitely like both ideas as well

I think for the face it would be best to have it like Lizard and Dungeon bricks where on some blocks the face is present while on others it's just bricks

Back
Top Bottom