Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
One of the changes I love about 1.4.1 are the vanity changes. Wearing a cape and vanity wings at the same time is awesome, and having the ability to wear stuff like obsidian skull or blindfold in tandem with an actual vanity helmet is something I never realized I always wanted.

However, this feature doesn't seem to extend to the Spectre Goggles. In fact, it behaves in a way that I find unexpected: it OVERTAKES the vanity helmet. Pre-1.4.1, vanity helmets overtook face accessories, so this is very curious.

The Spectre Goggles being the only "glasses"-type face accessory in the game, it's a shame that their potential is wasted by this oversight, so I would love if it were rectified.

Here's a screenshot as an example of what happens when you wear them with any vanity helmet:

image_2020-10-25_150800.png

Due to how "accessories under helmets" work, that is not in the cards for this helmet.

It wasn't an oversight, per say, but rather, any accessory that co-exists with helmets is a surprisingly time consuming process of review, and Spectre Goggles were dismissed early on.

As they exist now, they override helmets so that you can see them at all when wearing helmets. However, this has received several bug reports as an inconsistency, so it is going to be changed back to not override. However, it will not co-exist with helmets like the Blindfold/Obsidian Skull.

I wish I knew why they were dismissed.
It doesn't make sense that they'd make an exception for blindfold, something almost nobody walks around with, but not glasses which are super common. You see way more people with glasses and way less with blindfolds. Why is it so messed up? Don't get me wrong, keep the blindfold exception...
Just feels a little unfair to people with glasses that they can't wear hats.

Back
Top Bottom