Game Mechanics Spectre Hood: Losing lifesteal for a new effect

Why don't you make a full video of you standing there for a minute. Without dodging. Just standing.

Then we'll decide whether or not you're invincible .-.
I've got about 10 seconds worth of footage there. It would only be more of the same. What was shown is Wave 15, so it doesn't get any more crowded than that. As I was under constant damage, even more enemies wouldn't have made much of a difference. I'd still be healed up to max HP. I don't even get close to death.

I was using: Bubblegun, Spectre armor with hood, Sorcerer Emblem, Avenger Emblem, Celestial Emblem, Celestial Stone, and Star Veil, along with standard buff potions. This results in immortality. I was probably even more of a tank than a melee player. Beetle defense loses its set bonus under constant attack, meanwhile the Spectre hood benefits most from it. Accessories were a mix of Lucky and Menacing, with one Warding- thought that was good enough. You're free to try it out yourself if you don't believe me.

I like the idea of powering up the team, but it would ruin the item and mages would be too weak for the most part. In my opinion it would be better to make a third hood do that, as mages are very squishy without the life-steal and the other classes could easily overpower them.

So the people who have the defense to not need lifesteal are the only ones who have it?
They should be able to survive much longer than they do, and it helps them stay alive nigh infinitely, as they should. Granted, they should be able to survive for long times without lifesteal, but as it stands, they can't. They kinda need it to be tanks.

They should be able to survive much longer than they do, and it helps them stay alive nigh infinitely, as they should. Granted, they should be able to survive for long times without lifesteal, but as it stands, they can't. They kinda need it to be tanks.
Except that's what spectre can provide. And how long could a mage, with paper defense, survive?

Except that's what spectre can provide. And how long could a mage, with paper defense, survive?

Except paper defense is kinda the point of balancing mages. The way the classes go is usually that the Squishy Wizard have better DPS, but less defense, while the melee classes can have better or just just as bad defenses.

I like the lifesteal aspect of the armor myself, so I;m not supporting this, but I think something can be done with nerfing the hood, make the Lifesteal aspect useable only in Singleplayer Normal mode and grant the hood different effects or applying the ideas in the OP or making the hood a vanity item and then applying lifesteal to Spells (the Nebula and Moon Lord weapons should suffice) or maybe even a potion or Crystal-Ball-life buff that only affects Magic and Ranged players for hmm say, 2-5 minuetes?

Except now there is nebula armour and life form disintegration rainbows at the top now. I don't really like life steal at all. [EDIT] I didn't read your post at first Morningstar, and the date. Sorry.

You people do realize there's now a magic weapon made exclusively for lifesteal, right?
Hahaha, uh, well not quite...

There's one named that but it does not actually heal you based upon the amounts of damage you dealt. Only health base magic weapon I've seen is the Life Drain and if that's the one you're referring to you may want to read about it on the wiki. Quote - "user receives the Life Drain buff, which increases life regeneration".

There is serious backlash to executing real life drain mechanics in the game.

Hahaha, uh, well not quite...

There's one named that but it does not actually heal you based upon the amounts of damage you dealt. Only health base magic weapon I've seen is the Life Drain and if that's the one you're referring to you may want to read about it on the wiki. Quote - "user receives the Life Drain buff, which increases life regeneration".

There is serious backlash to executing real life drain mechanics in the game.
I did read that, but forgot about it. It still increases regen to the point that it's like lifesteal, but that is different, so points for you.

This is a cool idea! Although... I'm pretty sure that there are a number of people that wouldn't like loosing lifesteal.
so give it to them in the form of a specter tome. its more balanceable as just a single weapon anyway
[DOUBLEPOST=cereal,dave][/DOUBLEPOST]donno if i like the armor set bonus thing(hard to balance across every armor set. ex what if worn with nebula teammates?
your suggestion vs all other armors int he game...its the same balance problem as hood vs all spells), if anything i'd just say the specterhelm's existing thing was bonus enough. (the other sets of that tier only get the one, and specter started out with only one bonus anyway)

[DOUBLEPOST=annette,cactus][/DOUBLEPOST]

Playing solo, I prefer using the Hood over the mask, especially during the Moon Events. With menacing accessories the 40% reduction are easily removed and I become quite tanky.

I do, however, like your idea and would gladly see it as a third spectre headpiece.
thats the whole point mages aren't supposed to be tanks. thats why you get all the dps when playing mage.
that you can be tankey with just this hood is an argument against making this a third hat and leaving the hood, not for it.
you're not supposed to be a tank. thats why they get the glass armor

yeaaaaah how about no. being a cleric is "class" oriented, not weapon oriented. no support.
got it. so one or possibly a handful of balanced "healer" weapons is bad...but a single latish tier (broken/op)armor makes it a fleshed out "class". somehow. ;P ...what? :confused:

Last edited:
NOOOOOOO ME NO WAAAANNNNTTTTTTTTTTTTTT:mad:

@Ben!

It is fine to post on Threads to add feedback for a suggestion, whether it is to support a suggestion or offer constructive criticism. However posting in this way with the implication of yelling in all caps to just say that you don't want a suggestion without giving feedback to improve the suggestion is not acceptable and is disrespectful.

I recommend reviewing our suggestion guidelines in the links below before posting feedback again. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in warning points and/or removal of your privileges of posting in the Suggestions section.

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/player-suggestions-rules-guidelines.294/
https://forums.terraria.org/index.p...forum-behavior-update-as-of-august-28th.9304/

With this suggestion, making the Hood more team-oriented, what about using the hood solo? At that point it seems to become obsolete.

Back
Top Bottom