Weapons & Equip Spectre Pickaxe and Shroomite Digging Claw - Why can't they break Lihzahrd Bricks?

Which one do you prefer?

• I prefer number 1!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like number 2!

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I choose number 3!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eh.

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters

Scironex

The Destroyer
Those accursed Lihzahrd Bricks - Those of you who prefer the Claw or the Ghost Pick kind of get shafted when you want to build something with them. There are a few options that present themselves.

1: Require a small amount Lihzahrd Bricks or the Picksaw in the crafting recipe - this forces the player to have gained the ability to break L. Bricks one way or another.. The problem with this solution is that neither the bricks nor the Psaw make for a logical component for the tools.

2: Gate Ectoplasm and the Autohammer past the Golem. This means that you don't have to wait for the Picksaw drop, but still puts you past the "Picksaw Tier." Golem isn't that difficult, and this also gives another reason to actually go out of your way to kill him.

3: JUST GIVE THEM THE FRACKING ABILITY TO BEGIN WITH. In order to get Ectoplasm or Shroomite you have to defeat Plantera. What do you get every single time you best Plantera? A Temple Key. What does the Temple Key unlock? The Lihzahrd Temple. So there's no reason to gate players from breaking bricks after that, unless you want to force players to use the key. If that's the case, either of the two above methods would work.

3: JUST GIVE THEM THE FRACKING ABILITY TO BEGIN WITH. In order to get Ectoplasm or Shroomite you have to defeat Plantera. What do you get every single time you best Plantera? A Temple Key. What does the Temple Key unlock? The Lihzahrd Temple. So there's no reason to gate players from breaking bricks after that, unless you want to force players to use the key. If that's the case, either of the two above methods would work.
This one is out of the question in my opinion, since it allows people to bypass the entire temple and just mine their way directly into the Golem's chamber.
The traps and enemies in the temple are there for a reason: To annoy the crap out of you (and kill less experienced players by the thousands) while trying to reach the golem.

Personally I think stuff's fine as it is. We're just talking about ~1% of the entire map that you can't dig into with anything but the picksaw. No big deal.

I'm not entirly sure why you want this change, but, correct me if I'm wrong, I think it might be because the picksaw is stupidly annoying to get. I have this problem to, and when I do get it, I get pissed that I didn't get a weapon or acessory. This wasn't my idea, I think it was @SzGamer227 's, I can't find the thread it was posted in, but maybe the picksaw shouldn't be part of the usual drop table. That means that it's drop rate would go up, and the other weapons/accessories would go from 1/8 to 1/7.

The problem isn't so much that I can't pick up the bricks from the temple, nor that I have trouble getting the picksaw as it is that when I'm building something with them, have to go grab a picksaw and swap that with my Spectre Pick. I really like the extra range given by the Spectre Pick, and I can't imagine that it's too much of a stretch that other people like to use the Shroomite claw. So I just want the ability for the three top-tier picks to be able to mine them. And really, why shouldn't they? Maybe not as they stand, but it wouldn't take a huge chance to properly balance them.

Picksaw is middle-ground between Spectre and Shroomite Claw. Middle-ground items typically don't have much use, because you can just have both sides and be better at both.

Picksaw needs a solid reason to be used, and that is mining lizhard bricks.

I like that you can't break the bricks using SDC. It means there is a fail-safe way of preventing myself from overdigging when I go at speed.

i have always wondered the same thing. They should do this or make it so that you can break the bricks but only if you placed them.

Yeah, but that auto-cursor thing makes the range penalty forgettable. Especially when you have wings and can just slap your face on walls again and again.

Edit: Technically speaking, 'slightly faster' is actually significantly faster when you manage to achieve 1 block per frame speed, or 60 blocks a second. The next highest up is 1 block per two frame, or 30. That's halve the speed, which isn't slight at all.

You can achieve the maximum mining speed with the Claw without mining armour I believe, but you need to be fully decked with mining armour and buffs (potion, Celestial stone and stuff) to get maximum on picksaw.

The Spectre's range is really the biggest reason I want this - I find the range to be instrumental to making builds with minute detail, because I don't have to dig into something if I don't like the way it looks.

You can achieve the maximum mining speed with the Claw without mining armour I believe, but you need to be fully decked with mining armour and buffs (potion, Celestial stone and stuff) to get maximum on picksaw.
Suweeka said:
All you need for a Light Shroomite Digging Claw [usetime of 3] is a Celestial/Sun/Moon Stone and the Mining Potion Buff for a total of 40% bonus to hit 60 blocks/sec.
I guess the mining potion buff can swapped for the armor, so you don't waste consumables?

Edit:Actually, this is treading on the grounds of off-topic-ness.

Back
Top Bottom