tModLoader Spelunker Surge!

One of the best features of the tremor mod is giving granite/frost legion/slime rain their own themes. I feel background music is the best way to make the player feel like they're in a unique biome/event and not just a different looking section of randomly generated cave fighting slightly different variations of the same old enemies.

One of the best features of the tremor mod is giving granite/frost legion/slime rain their own themes. I feel background music is the best way to make the player feel like they're in a unique biome/event and not just a different looking section of randomly generated cave fighting slightly different variations of the same old enemies.
Well, people have been pretty in favor of music (perhaps for more than just the fossil Biome), I'll try to add some asap :)

Now that I've encountered several bone caves I have to recommend increasing the size of the biome if you do plan to add music. Each cave I've encountered has been about half the size of a spider nest or even less. As it is it wouldn't make much sense adding music to the biome equivalent of a big jungle shrine. The size of a marble or granite biome would be much more fitting if you plan to expand the mod.

Awesome! 'Tis great that somebody is finally enhancing the mining experience! :)
P.S: Working on a showcase video!

Last edited:
Now deal with my trashy idea for a mod icon ;p
upload_2017-10-9_20-56-16.png

My Mod Spotlight on this is being posted very soon?
Should I post it here? I honestly don't mind either way! :)
EDIT: Mod Spotlight IS posted!

Last edited:
I found moonstone ore in an ice biome and it looked pretty bad being in stone, so this ties in to my earlier suggestion with the placed gems and probably gives a more valid reason to add them.

Hey guys! A new, fairly large update is out. Make sure to check it out!

Update 0.2:

Download on Mod Browser or here- https://www.mediafire.com/file/vlw1shuwdcc6atb/SpelunkSurge.tmod

Additions:
- Added new music for the Marble, Granite, and Fossil Caverns! Huge thanks to discord user IcerM for the music :)
- Added new water styles for Marble and Granite Biomes
- Marble and Granite crates have two new, fishing exclusive items that may be obtained​
- Added another Fossil Chest item and reduced the amount of Fossil Chests that spawn in a biome
- Added Marble, Granite, and Fossil Crates (1 in 18)
- Added hardmode fishing weapons for Mushroom, Marble, Granite, and Fossil Biomes (1 in 200)

Fixes:
- Made Moonstone mineable by anything
- Switched Moonstone Wand and Staff recipes

I'll try to add OP info in the morning.

artificial bone biome.jpg
What constitutes the biome? I just tried to make an artificial one yet the enemies are still vanilla and the music is still surface.

I also tried it with the marble and granite. Placing rows of granite three deep was enough to trigger the new biome music. Marble on the other hand never generated the music despite being ten rows deep with marble walls.

Last edited:
View attachment 186506 What constitutes the biome? I just tried to make an artificial one yet the enemies are still vanilla and the music is still surface.

I also tried it with the marble and granite. Placing rows of granite three deep was enough to trigger the new biome music. Marble on the other hand never generated the music despite being ten rows deep with marble walls.
you can't make any sort of artificial biome unless its got its own special unique block and can be on the surface.
This is the same deal in every mod and in vanilla

View attachment 186506 What constitutes the biome? I just tried to make an artificial one yet the enemies are still vanilla and the music is still surface.

The two vanilla biomes require a hundred blocks of its primary item (granite, marble) to count as a biome. The fossil caverns require the special decorations and bone piles that it spawns with, so recreating one is impossible, as those aren't collectible. The marble biome had a very strange bug of not playing its music and being confused with the mushroom biome, which has already been fixed for the next update.

hey yuyutsu my man your mods are so damn amazing, 2 questions:

1 - does this mod work with other mods like your spirit mod and thorium... so on?

2 - also what happens if a mod already adds different songs for granite like if tremor adds a granite song, which song will come up?

This mod looks very good! Keep up the good work!
I can tell you school does kind of suck when you want to work on stuff like this. Even for a 26 year old like me.

Back
Top Bottom