Biomes & Nature spider nest

So it goes. No matter, if the OP were still reading the forum (might be, for all I know), he or she has several remedies to choose from.

So it goes. No matter, if the OP were still reading the forum (might be, for all I know), he or she has several remedies to choose from.
Then thread solutioned! Why do we need to keep discussing this if there's already a solution for that? Furthermore, it has already been said that this thread has YEARS. It was revived and no one had perceived it.

Truth.

I like spiders (except the genuinely dangerous ones, of course). Without them we'd have far more trouble with noxious insects.

However, phobias are (usually? always?) not rational, and can't be expunged easily. From what I've read, gradual exposure can build tolerance and diminish or eliminate at least some phobias. I don't know whether exposure to video game spiders can be helpful in mastering and surmounting arachnophobia, but wouldn't be surprised if it can be a reasonable first step toward that goal.

That said, if seeing them causes real distress, or significantly reduces enjoyment of the game, I see nothing wrong with replacing the sprites with something less distress-provoking. IMO the thread's worth keeping open despite its age. Besides, the mods here seem to prefer leaving threads unlocked unless they go entirely off the rails, and I respect their decisions on such things.

if you really are scared of spiders, do this

>start a journey mode world
>set monster spawns to 0
>go find the biomes and destroy them
>set monster spawns to standard
>return to the surface and start a normal play through while ignoring the journey mode options

you’ll never get the stylist, but i imagine you don’t really care

OH YEAH MAKE SURE THE WORLD IS CORRUPT NOT CRIMSON
Love your name. Great show 😂

And thank you for responding with a constructive idea to actually help, rather than scoffing or using a derisional attitude. Games are a way of unwinding and finding enjoyment. Someone said no to any and all changes, saying the OP should use game to overcome their fear, but that just shows how very little their own initial fear was compared to the OP and my real life phobias.

I get so tired reading rude replies too, from people who dont fully understand. Just dont reply if you can’t relate, otherwise youre just being a bully.

And I’m 56. That comment about age was worded rudely imho. My fear has gotten worse with each passing year, not better. I successfully overcame Minecraft’s spider because they were actually funny/cute after a while, and very far from realistic, except for the sounds, but im not afraid of the sounds. That’s the closest I ever came to overcoming my fear. I never will if they look real. And I don’t much want to overcome my phobia either. They are the only things in this world I am afraid of, and that’s pretty darn impressive if you ask me. Not even snakes or rats, or roaches or even centipedes scare me. Heebie jeebies maybe. lol, but not an irrational fear that causes me to freeze up and be incapable of breathing. So what if I have this fear and it interferes in my life sometimes. There are ways around everything and that’s what the OP came here for. They probably never came back because of the less than friendly, less compassionate responses. We arachnophobiacs deal with a lot of that kind of belittling on the subject and it is so uncalled for. I could never do that to anyone that is afraid of something I am not. I choose respect and kindness even when I don’t understand.

We just want to have the same fun alongside our families and friends but we can’t. And having some kind of toggle to either remove those biomes (hey, they do it with corruption and crimson,) or a toggle to simply replace the spiders with a much less visually frightening mob/sprite upon world creation would help us a lot. Whats so wrong with giving players an option? We aren’t asking them to change the game completely for everyone just because of our fear. As a matter of fact, I’ve not read a request anywhere that asks for that when the subject is the fear of spiders, but rather they ask for some kind of courtesy to help them enjoy the play on their own end. That’s what a texture change does, or a toggled option in settings. It doesnt affect any of you unless you want it to. And in multiplayer every other player still sees the spider but those of us with the really serious fears can enjoy the game too, right alongside them. And if it were a setting/toggle, then that rare individual that would like to use gaming as some form of psychotic shock therapy can turn it back on. 😂 I want to play and have fun, not have to work on my phobia.

I didn’t know that what you are recommending could even be done. But … I’m on mobile so I don’t know how I’m supposed to find all the biomes that need their background changed when I start with 0% spawning at the start. So I’m not sure this is the answer for me. But I had to comment and thank you for your kindness and constructive attempt in helping. And I’m glad others have helped with this fear by providing textures for the PC platform. At least some of us are enjoying the game now.

Keep the thread open because this is not a single platform game. This problem exists on all platforms and for tens of thousands of players, if not more, and some of us are not on PC. And since the developers have made it clear that they will not allow texture packs in mobile, we need a solution by the developer upon world creation. We need a place to come look for that help. Why should we start a new thread for that? It’s all really the same topic.

Last edited:
I'm afraid of spiders irl but have no problems with them in games but I know others might not be so lucky. I think a simple anti-spider mode like in Grounded that replaces spiders with blobs would fix it for those people.

Back
Top Bottom