Weapons & Equip Spikier balls - Throwing weapon

Dexterdude

Eye of Cthulhu
SPIKIER BALLS
I think we need more throwing weapons , so here is an idea about a throwing weapon . It is an early hardmode weapon sold by the goblin tinkerer after the wall of flesh has been defeated , it is an upgrade to classic spiky balls . They behave in a very similar way to spiky balls , the changes are the stats and the size . About the name , it is kinda a joke (a cold one ...)

STATS
  • Damage : 23 (throwing)
  • Knockback : 1
  • Critical chance : 4%
  • Use time : 13
  • Velocity : 6
  • Buying price : 1 silver coin
  • About the size , they are bigger and spikier than the old spiky balls .
  • Tooltip : Harder , Better , Faster , Spikier !
NOTES
The goblin tinkerer will sell both the old spiky balls and the spikier balls but the spikier balls will be sold only in hardmode !

So , what do you think ?
Do you like this idea ? Is there anything you would like me to change ? Tell me your opinions !

Last edited:
Man, i can only imagine giving the goblin a german accent and then poke fun at the german language with such stuff. Spiky balls. Spikypoisonballs. Spikyghostspikeballs. Autobahnverkersordnungsamt.

It's a good idea, I think. It would be a good transition between spiky balls and spiky ball traps post-Golem. Following the theme of upgrading pre-hardmode throwing weapons, they should ad daggers. They can be bought from the Traveling Merchant for 2 silver, after any mechanical Boss has been defeated. Does around 35 damage, but is a good deal slower. Pierces 1 enemy. 50 + 1 Vial of Venom at a workbench = Witch Daggers (Because of the Witch Doctor who sells the vials)

Spiky balls has an unique effect, I was disappointed that there weren't more weapons that act similair.
I only used it once at the goblin invasion and that's pretty much it, so I enjoy seeing suggestions like this :)

By the way i never wanted to make this sound dirty and was not planning to do it , but it is hard not to make it sound dirty , just remember the references are not for something dirty !

Please explain the joke. PM me if it's too dirty
It's not exactly a joke , it's more of a humoristic name because i could not think of anything better for a weapon similar to the spiky ball but just stronger . (Yeah , i know it is very cold humor .)

And the tooltip is a reference to a song called : Harder , Better , Faster , Stronger . I thought this tooltip describes the differences between the spiky balls and the spikier balls .

Back
Top Bottom