PS4 Split-Screen Co-Op Crashing

PrettyPixelz

Terrarian
My fiancee and I are unable to play split-screen co-op on Terraria for the PS4.

We each have our own accounts on the PS4 to play on (his has Playstation Plus). He loads up the game (our world is on his account), picks his character, and loads up our world. Then I press the touch-key in the center of my controller to join and the screen goes into split screen. Everything is fine as I pick my character, but the moment I try to actually join the world, the whole game freezes, and then eventually crashes all together. Then I get the PS4 error code CE-34878-0.

We have already contacted Sony's PS4 technical support. We've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating and/or initializing both the PS4 and Terraria. Nothing has worked. We even tried creating an entirely new world and new characters. When we do this, we are actually able to play together for a short while, but the end result is the same, and once it crashes the first time, every time after that is instantaneous whenever I try to join the world.

The game does NOT crash during single-player mode, OR while playing multiplayer online with someone else. ONLY during split-screen co-op.

If I'm not the only one, I really hope this gets fixed immediately. And if I am the only one, I hope someone can tell me how to fix it myself.

My fiancee and I are unable to play split-screen co-op on Terraria for the PS4.

We each have our own accounts on the PS4 to play on (his has Playstation Plus). He loads up the game (our world is on his account), picks his character, and loads up our world. Then I press the touch-key in the center of my controller to join and the screen goes into split screen. Everything is fine as I pick my character, but the moment I try to actually join the world, the whole game freezes, and then eventually crashes all together. Then I get the PS4 error code CE-34878-0.

We have already contacted Sony's PS4 technical support. We've tried uninstalling, reinstalling, updating and/or initializing both the PS4 and Terraria. Nothing has worked. We even tried creating an entirely new world and new characters. When we do this, we are actually able to play together for a short while, but the end result is the same, and once it crashes the first time, every time after that is instantaneous whenever I try to join the world.

The game does NOT crash during single-player mode, OR while playing multiplayer online with someone else. ONLY during split-screen co-op.

If I'm not the only one, I really hope this gets fixed immediately. And if I am the only one, I hope someone can tell me how to fix it myself.
I'm sorry to hear that :/ have you tried playing splitscreen with your PS4 in offline mode? I suspect the fact that your account doesn't have plus might be the issue.

I'm sorry to hear that :/ have you tried playing splitscreen with your PS4 in offline mode? I suspect the fact that your account doesn't have plus might be the issue.

Thank you for the suggestion. We haven't tried that, but I don't think that's the issue because split-screen co-op does not require a PS Plus account, since we're both playing on the same PS4.

Thank you for the suggestion. We haven't tried that, but I don't think that's the issue because split-screen co-op does not require a PS Plus account, since we're both playing on the same PS4.
I know it shouldn't but it might be a work around for this obvious glitchiness.

I've had the same issue constantly if player 2 tries to exit in any way. It will cause a crash instantly but if player 1 exits it will do so.

Back
Top Bottom