Other Split screen in pc?

Darwin02

Terrarian
At some point add split screen to pc? It would be great and super fun to play with friends on one screen

How would that even be possible? Pretty sure you cannot connect multiple keyboards and mouses.

Actually you can connect multiple keyboards/mice to a pc, as long as you use USB/Bluetooth. By default though the operating system doesn't distinguish between them. You have to use 3rd party software for that.

Adding 2 player split-screen to pc Terraria is doable but not trivial, and effectively doubles the memory and performance requirements. Basically you run two instances of the game simultaniously. There was a mod that did something like this (don't know if it still works, I never used it myself). It is unlikely though that Re-Logic will add this anytime soon, if ever. They probably rather spend their limited developer resources on other things, that benefit more people. After all, only a small subset of the pc users will ever use split-screen if that option exists.

Split-screen is more a console thing. Consoles have a long history of supporting it, whenever possible. It also tends to work better there as the console is usually hooked up to the biggest screen in the house.

There was a mod that did something like this (don't know if it still works, I never used it myself)
Maybe you're taling about TerraGuardian mod?
And yeah this should be done like connecting with a Xbox controler or something like that i don't find a lot of problems cause PC can run that without a lot of problem

No, I'm thinking about an older mod that may have been before 1.3. I don't really remember much about it except that there was such a mod. It may have been a standalone mod and not a tML compatible mod.

Thanks for pointing out that TerraGuardians seems to have 2 player support. It doesn't seem to be split-screen though and the author doesn't seem 100% certain it actually works. Nevertheless it's interesting, I might try it sometime.

Edit: There's a tML mod called Split Screen Mod by Ilyaki. It seems nice and appears to support multiple keyboards/mice with the 2.0 version.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom