tModLoader Split Screen Mod

Add multiple mice + keyboards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So i was really looking forward to this mod once I saw it, since my friend has a ps4 version which I cannot play, so i have booted up two windows, one for the ps4 controller, and the other for my keyboard, i did the gamepad first, than the keyboard but when i click lock mouse in the final step, the gamepad doesnt move the character in it's window since the mouse that is locked in the keyboard & mice window gives priority to it's own window and the gamepad doesnt work if there is no mouse on the window itself. I know this is weird but my mouse determines if the window is active or not, so the window with the mouse locked always works but the other windows dont. Please help me i really want to play, this has been a big bummer, Thanks.

Edit: now i can play on both screens simultaniously but my keyboard moves both players now, still in need of help...

Last edited:
When I touch a button on the controller (after i select the index) this happens:

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-27_13-1-22.png
    upload_2019-4-27_13-1-22.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 268
Hi. This mod works great for me using xbox one controllers.
The only problem I have is that if you have zoom enabled (which you probably will on a 4k tv) then the box where you can select the controller/input is so much in the corner that you cannot click on ok, so you have to go to the setting and zoom out again or resize the windows (prob works aswell did not thing about that.) But anyway kind of make the else so awesome experience a bit annoying.

hello i have a problem. everytime i register my keyboard and mouse my game crashes with this coming up do any one of you have an idea how to fix this

Attachments

• Skärmklipp.PNG
    Skärmklipp.PNG
    122.8 KB · Views: 225
Using Terraria 1.3.5.2 and tmodloader 0.11 beta 5 with this mod I cant create a server to play multiplayer, tmodloader beta 4 works though

Hi! I've got one problem with the mod. the thing is when I try to make the server with the mod enabled it just stays on the "found server" screen and i'm unable to move my ingame cursor anywhere.
I've got an
-intel i7-4770
-12gb of RAM
-64 bit operating system
Do you think you can help me?

Also you cannot equipped armor with this mod:C pressing L2 doesnt switch to that section, if that could be fixed that would be really awesome. BTW i love the mod, i appreciate your work so much. Me and my family greatly enjoy playing together on my PC, it plays so much smoother^_^ I just equipped there armor for them when they make it:)

Also you cannot equipped armor with this mod:C pressing L2 doesnt switch to that section, if that could be fixed that would be really awesome. BTW i love the mod, i appreciate your work so much. Me and my family greatly enjoy playing together on my PC, it plays so much smoother^_^ I just equipped there armor for them when they make it:)
You can, try with R2 instead.
For me the mod works great, playing with 2 dualshock 4 controllers. Nice work!
Wonder why terraria devs still didn't add splitscreen by default to the game, doesnt seem difficult to add it. But thank god we have the awesome modders out there!

Easy setup, worked flawlessly.

My wife and I play Terraria split-screened on a 150-in projector screen in the living room. We've played nightly for other a month now. Thank you for your hard work!

Possibly out of your control, but the biggest issue I've noticed has to do with Terraria being configured for a single CPU core. Whoever has the active window gets the lion's share of that single core, leaving the 2nd window to get whatever's left. This wasn't an issue when starting our first world, but as our creations become larger and larger, with our horded inventory taking space across 30+ chests, that 2nd window struggles below 20fps while the active window remains at 60fps. I have an 8-core CPU and that first core is 100% while the others are practically idle. It would be wonderful if each game window was assigned it's own core rather than hard coded to the first core.

Another idea would be a script that launched 2 games, split the screens in borderless windows for you, and assigned one game's music volume to 0. I'm not familiar with Terraria's source code, I just like to make feature requests, lol.

Thank you, again.

Easy setup, worked flawlessly.

My wife and I play Terraria split-screened on a 150-in projector screen in the living room. We've played nightly for other a month now. Thank you for your hard work!

Possibly out of your control, but the biggest issue I've noticed has to do with Terraria being configured for a single CPU core. Whoever has the active window gets the lion's share of that single core, leaving the 2nd window to get whatever's left. This wasn't an issue when starting our first world, but as our creations become larger and larger, with our horded inventory taking space across 30+ chests, that 2nd window struggles below 20fps while the active window remains at 60fps. I have an 8-core CPU and that first core is 100% while the others are practically idle. It would be wonderful if each game window was assigned it's own core rather than hard coded to the first core.

Another idea would be a script that launched 2 games, split the screens in borderless windows for you, and assigned one game's music volume to 0. I'm not familiar with Terraria's source code, I just like to make feature requests, lol.

Thank you, again.
In task manager, go to details and right-click Terraria -> Set affinity. You can select which process uses which cores. If it doesn't work, try Universal Split Screen. It has some tricks that will force focus.

The mod doesn't seem to work with the new journey's end update and the official tModloader dlc, as tModloader and Terraria are now two separate applications. So what the splitscreen mod seemed to do is make it so you could launch multiple of the normal Terraria application, but the actual mod part that allows you to change what controller controls which character (the thing where you first join the game it shows a little window and you can choose None, Controller 1, and so on) only works on the tModloader application, which you can't launch multiple of. The best way to fix it would be to make the mod allow you to launch multiple of the new tModloader, instead of the normal Terraria. Hope this makes sense.

Hey I can't run the mod because of this issue, any help is appriciated

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    304.5 KB · Views: 226
Has there ever been a fix for the typing bug, mouse side buttons, and scrolling issue? Those three issues have caused a good bit of frustration lol

Back
Top Bottom