PS4 Split Screen not working

My kids have always played split screen but since the update they no longer can. Reading through some posts we figured out that they can play split screen in single player mode but then their cousins can’t join their world. How can we get them all playing together again. On PS4. They have PS plus if that makes any difference.

Not sure if your situation is the same as mine but I been asking this for days now, I used to play offline 3 player couch co-op split screen on single player mode with my kids for awhile now and now since update it only allows one person to join split screen. I cannot get an answer to this and it seems they removed 4 player offline local co-op split screen and made it 2 player now. My kids are crushed bc we been playing together for awhile now and now we just can't. Like this update legit ruined the game for us now and we can't play together at all now.

My kids have always played split screen but since the update they no longer can. Reading through some posts we figured out that they can play split screen in single player mode but then their cousins can’t join their world. How can we get them all playing together again. On PS4. They have PS plus if that makes any difference.
Hi there @liliwildflower, regarding splitscreen+online, this was mentioned in the announcement thread:

“Splitscreen + Online (in combination) Multiplayer is not currently supported - this will be explored at a later update, as we did not want to delay the launch to chase the many edge case issues this specific situation creates.”

You can read more info about the update here: A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

@Santoryfury0331, I had a question, exactly what button did you press/use to bring up the co-op screen, I've clicked every button, tried every combination of buttons, and co-op will not even work. Ik it seems like a stupid question to ask, but no one I've seen on the internet, has even asked, I know as a fact that it's not the older method as it clearly doesn't work anymore, how?

Note: This is on PS4 Version.
The options button. It used to be the X button but now it's the options button.

**Update to anyone just reading this post since I last posted a bit ago.. I did get it to work on PS4. I had to make a sub user account with a verified email for my son to use, and my daughter just uses a local account with no email or anything, and now it works and both can join me in 3 player split screen on PS4. It only worked after I made the email verified account for my son. When they were both using the local user profiles I made for them they couldnt both join together, only one at a time it would allow. I hope that helps bc it's the only thing that worked for me.

Back
Top Bottom