PS4 Split screen not working

Zenith#2939

Official Terrarian
After the 1.4 update we haven't been able to start split screen at all in a single player world, could we get any tips?

After the 1.4 update we haven't been able to start split screen at all in a single player world, could we get any tips?
Hi there @Zenith#2939
  • Have Player 1 start a single player game
  • On a second controller, press the setting button
  • Have Player 2 select a different account profile than Player 1 (not a guest)

The exact same thing happened to me, I can't play split screen at all even though when I press every button it doesn't start split screen

Sorry to hear that @Zenith#2939 and @NoahJ27. Can you list out exactly what steps you are doing. Include as much detail as possible, the more information the better. Because it should be working from the steps I listed earlier. So if it’s not, then it’s hard to track down what could be wrong without more info.

List out what type of accounts you’re using, is there a verified email on the account,what button exactly are you pressing, have you completely shut down your console and booted it up again, what do you see on your screen for each step, what menu option are you choosing, what controllers are being used, are you trying to use a guest account, list out all the details you can.

Ok so, this might be poorly described, but I'll try my best.
I turn on my ps4 on my first controller, then I log onto my second controller account on my second controller (I've tried it using second controller as first player and first controller as second player and it still didn't work). Then after that I go onto Terraria on my first account and go onto a character and world (doesn't matter what players or world I choose it still doesn't work). Then once I'm in the world, I try pressing options on my second controller to choose character to spawn in as but pressing options doesn't make the character selection come up and it just stays as if I was playing with just one controller.

I do not play with a wifi network connected to my PS4 so I don't think having an email connected to my accounts matters, but my first account has a PSN account on it and my second account doesn't.

I first tried options button, then I tried X but after seeing those buttons did not do anything I just pressed every button on the controller and it still didn't do anything.

I've shut down my console and booted it back up multiple times and it did nothing.

I see the usual stuff on my screen after each step except for when I try to login to my second controller on terraria, it doesn't let me choose character, it just stays as one player in the middle of the screen instead of second player character selection.

The controllers that are being used are same two I've always used and never had any problems till this update.

Neither of the accounts are guest accounts, both are accounts we've previously played on.

Idk if this is enough details but if you need more just let me know and I'll try give more.

Same, but I tried using two completely different PlayStation accounts and for some reason that worked. But that is not what I want to happen because I do not wish to have to start again on two different accounts.

Back
Top Bottom