PS4 Splitscreen second persons screen is zoomed in

Jameson Wells

Terrarian
When i try to play split screen with my dad, his half of the screen (the bottom) is too zoomed in. The item bar is closer to the top than mine and the controls on the bottom are below the bottom of the screen. My screen on the top is fine. I tried playing on his account with me on the bottom and my screen becomes too zoomed in. It only does it with the second player. One player is fine.

Press whatever button goes to the pause menu (with settings and such). I believe there’s prompts on the bottom that are for zooming in/out.

When i try to play split screen with my dad, his half of the screen (the bottom) is too zoomed in. The item bar is closer to the top than mine and the controls on the bottom are below the bottom of the screen. My screen on the top is fine. I tried playing on his account with me on the bottom and my screen becomes too zoomed in. It only does it with the second player. One player is fine.
I don’t recall seeing this problem reported by anyone else before. It doesn’t sound like a zoom issue, but a HUD tv issue. I’m wondering if it is your PS4 or your tv settings that can be adjusted for this since the bottom of the screen is getting cut off. I’m not sure why player 1 is showing different than player 2, but maybe you can at least get all of player 2’s graphics to show.

Have you tried adjusting your PS4 settings.
Settings>Sound and Screen>Video Output Settings
Settings>Sound and Screen>Display Area Settings

Another thing to try is for you to be P1, another account you don’t care about be P2, your dad be P3, and see how it displays. Then if P2 logs out and you’re left with just two players, does it show the display properly then?

I don’t recall seeing this problem reported by anyone else before. It doesn’t sound like a zoom issue, but a HUD tv issue. I’m wondering if it is your PS4 or your tv settings that can be adjusted for this since the bottom of the screen is getting cut off. I’m not sure why player 1 is showing different than player 2, but maybe you can at least get all of player 2’s graphics to show.

Another thing to try is for you to be P1, another account you don’t care about be P2, your dad be P3, and see how it displays. Then if P2 logs out and you’re left with just two players, does it show the display properly then?
I have tried the display area, but not the video output settings. I will try your suggestions and let you know what i find

Ive tried the video output settings, nothing changes. Same with the screen bounds. Ive discovered that when the second player joins, the tv starts overscanning it. I discovered that p2 doesn't show different than p1, it just cuts the bottom off. Is this an issue you can help me with or am i stuck?
P.S. i should mention we dont play split screen on my normal tv. We take it to the tv on our back porch because its bigger

Ive tried the video output settings, nothing changes. Same with the screen bounds. Ive discovered that when the second player joins, the tv starts overscanning it. I discovered that p2 doesn't show different than p1, it just cuts the bottom off. Is this an issue you can help me with or am i stuck?
P.S. i should mention we dont play split screen on my normal tv. We take it to the tv on our back porch because its bigger
I’m not sure Jameson. I don’t remember seeing this pop up for anyone else, which makes me think that it could be an issue that only appears for particular tvs or tv settings, and not an issue with the Terraria game itself, but I’m not really sure. Sorry I wasn’t more help.

Sounds like a zoom level issue on your TV, most have options from fill screen, over scan, and standard. Try messing with those?

Sounds like they're changing resolution to keep splitscreen running at a decent framerate and your TV cannot display this resolution very well. So splitscreen is not rendering @ full HD anymore?

This is happening to me too but top screen its like not centered and zoomed in and stretched but this wasnt happening last night or this morning like my screen just messed up outta no where

This is happening to me too but top screen its like not centered and zoomed in and stretched but this wasnt happening last night or this morning like my screen just messed up outta no where
Hi @PandaGlock, this thread was created before the PS4 received the 1.3 update, so it may be an entirely different problem that you're experiencing right now. Please send all of your details and as much information as you can about your issue straight to the developers so they can investigate what might be causing this. Send your report here: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Back
Top Bottom