Not.... sure actually? Great question - my GUESS is that it would be too much strain on the hosting device... but then again, maybe not. Has anyone tried this?Can you do 4 players on 2 switch consoles (2 on each)? If I do an online game with 2 consoles, a second split-screen player can no longer join in on either of the consoles.
If not is there any plan to implement this? I understand 4 players on 1 console is too demanding for the Switch but it seems like it could work fine across 2 consoles.
I appreciate the help!
hello, I'm very new to terraria but I would like to ask a question, will you launch the pt language to switch?Greetings Terrarians!
We are quite pleased to share with you that the latest update for Terraria on Nintendo Switch has been approved by Nintendo and that it will be making its way to everyone today! This update includes the highly-anticipated two-player Splitscreen mode!
Along with this long-desired feature comes a solid handful of bug fixes - both for two-player Splitscreen and for the core Single Player experience. Let's take a quick moment to dive into the details so that you can get started today on your Splitscreen experience!
- Player One should start up a Single Player game - choose their character and the world on which you want to play
- Once the game has loaded completely, Player Two should pick up their controller and press the A button
- This will bring up the User Account Selection Menu - Player Two then selects their Switch User Account
- Upon selecting their account, Player Two will be able to select any Character files tied to that account (or create a new one if they do not have any)
- Once Player Two picks their Character, they will load into the game... and off you and your buddy go on your Splitscreen Terraria adventures!
All other controls should work as per the normal game, just with a bit different viewport. Note that you can zoom in/out just as you can with Single Player (Pause, ZL/ZR) to allow for greater visibility.
As always, if you encounter bugs, be sure to report them into the team as possible using the Console Bug Report section (Console Bug Reports).
The team hopes that you enjoy this long-awaited feature as well as the handful of fixes as we now turn towards the future of Terraria on Nintendo Switch: Journey's End! We hope to have news on that front as we move ahead - so stay tuned for further updates on this and more.