Switch Splitscreen Terraria Launches on Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much if your character goes near far right of the world (a few hundred blocks next to the edge of the world) then the game will crash. It only occurs on large worlds. The crash has been in the game since the December 2019 update and was supposedly fixed in the June update, but the crash still occurs even in the latest update.
I eventually just moved all of my items (which took forever even with all the "personal storage" items) from my large world to a small world due to this issue happening 9/10 times and the fact large worlds take FOREVER to load

I'm sure people will disagree but this is not what I wanted. I wanted table top split screen so the update is completely useless to me. I could just use a much more powerful console instead. The whole reason I got a switch is to play on the go and I can't bring a monitor with me. Wish I could just get a refund as this version costs more yet is worse than mobile.

I launched my game earlier today (first time since the update) and I was shocked to discover that all of my characters looked off... They didn't have clothes, accessories, or wings and some were missing their legs entirely. This didn't change when I loaded the map. On closer examination, the missing parts reappeared when the dye I was using was removed. Closing and reopening the game did not fix this.

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, is there an easy way to resolve this?

I launched my game earlier today (first time since the update) and I was shocked to discover that all of my characters looked off... They didn't have clothes, accessories, or wings and some were missing their legs entirely. This didn't change when I loaded the map. On closer examination, the missing parts reappeared when the dye I was using was removed. Closing and reopening the game did not fix this.

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, is there an easy way to resolve this?
Thanks for sharing this @Dragon Crystal. Yes, a known bug right now is that some dyes make equipment invisible. A workaround is to avoid using the dyes for now.

Thanks for sharing this @Dragon Crystal. Yes, a known bug right now is that some dyes make equipment invisible. A workaround is to avoid using the dyes for now.
Thank you for that. Glad to know I'm not the only one, although it's disappointing to see my dyes not working properly for now (which has made most of my characters naked - yikes). Hopefully, this will be resolved soon!

This was such an issue for me that I joined these forums today. I am sorry to say, but for now I may not play the game. It's just a bit too much - I took some pride in making these characters. Don't worry, I will keep the game; you guys usually do a good job fixing glitches. I may just have to hit pause for now and wait for the next update...

With how complex terraria is I am surprised the Developers can update stuff this fast!

with the exception of splitscreen that was a little late.

I tried that crash when reaching the world edge on large worlds and I still think it happens, I am currently reinstalling the game and trying it again. This was probably fixed on the developers end, much like last time. I am seeing what a fresh download will do for it (if anything).

edit: Re-downloaded, new large world, still have the issue (looks like I'm avoiding the right ocean or playing on a medium world) .

Yeah this happened to my brother but hasn't happened to me yet

Greetings Terrarians!

We are quite pleased to share with you that the latest update for Terraria on Nintendo Switch has been approved by Nintendo and that it will be making its way to everyone today! This update includes the highly-anticipated two-player Splitscreen mode!

Along with this long-desired feature comes a solid handful of bug fixes - both for two-player Splitscreen and for the core Single Player experience. Let's take a quick moment to dive into the details so that you can get started today on your Splitscreen experience!

To start your Splitscreen adventure, you will need a second paired set of controls and each player will need their own user account on the Switch. With all of that in place, here is how you get going!
  • Player One should start up a Single Player game - choose their character and the world on which you want to play​
  • Once the game has loaded completely, Player Two should pick up their controller and press the A button​
  • This will bring up the User Account Selection Menu - Player Two then selects their Switch User Account​
  • Upon selecting their account, Player Two will be able to select any Character files tied to that account (or create a new one if they do not have any)​
  • Once Player Two picks their Character, they will load into the game... and off you and your buddy go on your Splitscreen Terraria adventures!​

All other controls should work as per the normal game, just with a bit different viewport. Note that you can zoom in/out just as you can with Single Player (Pause, ZL/ZR) to allow for greater visibility.

As always, if you encounter bugs, be sure to report them into the team as possible using the Console Bug Report section (Console Bug Reports).

The team hopes that you enjoy this long-awaited feature as well as the handful of fixes as we now turn towards the future of Terraria on Nintendo Switch: Journey's End! We hope to have news on that front as we move ahead - so stay tuned for further updates on this and more.
thats cool

If they fixed stairs, it may break Hoiktronics, which would be the worst thing to ever happen accidentally in an update
Yeah, only problem is that it already kinda does break hoiks while slopes are buggy
i.e. entering a hoik from the right

Greetings Terrarians!

We are quite pleased to share with you that the latest update for Terraria on Nintendo Switch has been approved by Nintendo and that it will be making its way to everyone today! This update includes the highly-anticipated two-player Splitscreen mode!

Along with this long-desired feature comes a solid handful of bug fixes - both for two-player Splitscreen and for the core Single Player experience. Let's take a quick moment to dive into the details so that you can get started today on your Splitscreen experience!

To start your Splitscreen adventure, you will need a second paired set of controls and each player will need their own user account on the Switch. With all of that in place, here is how you get going!
  • Player One should start up a Single Player game - choose their character and the world on which you want to play​
  • Once the game has loaded completely, Player Two should pick up their controller and press the A button​
  • This will bring up the User Account Selection Menu - Player Two then selects their Switch User Account​
  • Upon selecting their account, Player Two will be able to select any Character files tied to that account (or create a new one if they do not have any)​
  • Once Player Two picks their Character, they will load into the game... and off you and your buddy go on your Splitscreen Terraria adventures!​

All other controls should work as per the normal game, just with a bit different viewport. Note that you can zoom in/out just as you can with Single Player (Pause, ZL/ZR) to allow for greater visibility.

As always, if you encounter bugs, be sure to report them into the team as possible using the Console Bug Report section (Console Bug Reports).

The team hopes that you enjoy this long-awaited feature as well as the handful of fixes as we now turn towards the future of Terraria on Nintendo Switch: Journey's End! We hope to have news on that front as we move ahead - so stay tuned for further updates on this and more.
Does anyone else have issues with dye turning u naked?

I really didn't care about split-screen, I just want 1.4 already. I'm missing out on so much while my friends (that are on pc) are having the times of their life.

I really didn't care about split-screen, I just want 1.4 already. I'm missing out on so much while my friends (that are on pc) are having the times of their life.
Dude, chill. It takes a lot of work to port a massive update to console. A lot of people do care about splitscreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom