Switch Splitscreen Terraria Launches on Nintendo Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.
This can be fixed by making a small world. Besides who would want a large world with large amounts of lag?
1606178337176.png

So I am curious. What is the developement for Splitscreen like? I know keybinding and s:joy:t for Consoles are different but how would a second player work?

Furthermore, I am interested if you guys are working to allow 4 Player splitscreen multiplayer. I've played on Xbox One before and it supported three players from when I played, but I'm pretty sure it allows up to four players on a single screen. Is this being worked on for the Switch? Maybe by the release of 1.4 on Switch?

I know DR Studios is working very hard sorry if it sounds like I'm rushing but I am curious to know the development process and how it would turn out.

So I am curious. What is the developement for Splitscreen like? I know keybinding and s:joy:t for Consoles are different but how would a second player work?

Furthermore, I am interested if you guys are working to allow 4 Player splitscreen multiplayer. I've played on Xbox One before and it supported three players from when I played, but I'm pretty sure it allows up to four players on a single screen. Is this being worked on for the Switch? Maybe by the release of 1.4 on Switch?

I know DR Studios is working very hard sorry if it sounds like I'm rushing but I am curious to know the development process and how it would turn out.

At least with the current 1.3 version, 4 Players just basically broke the game performance wise (remember, the Switch is substantially less beefy hardware-wise than an XB1/PS4 even). Most of the complications on splitscreen development stem from performance, UI requirements/differences needed vs single player with the whole screen, and conflicting situations.

It is no small task - but, we shall see what happens when the time comes.

At least with the current 1.3 version, 4 Players just basically broke the game performance wise (remember, the Switch is substantially less beefy hardware-wise than an XB1/PS4 even). Most of the complications on splitscreen development stem from performance, UI requirements/differences needed vs single player with the whole screen, and conflicting situations.

It is no small task - but, we shall see what happens when the time comes.

Can you do 4 players on 2 switch consoles (2 on each)? If I do an online game with 2 consoles, a second split-screen player can no longer join in on either of the consoles.

If not is there any plan to implement this? I understand 4 players on 1 console is too demanding for the Switch but it seems like it could work fine across 2 consoles.

I appreciate the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom