(SPOILERS) Final Boss seems impossible now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like the devs balanced the Moon Lord for EXPERT mode, and not Normal mode.
Every update they seem to add some form of unreasonable buff to the Moon Lord which further makes him more frustrating and annoying to fight.
Being unable to use Campfires, Heart Lanterns, Honey, or whatever various HP regen items is just a bit TOO much. Same thing with Lifesteal.
But the inability to escape the Moon Lord makes it RIDICULOUS. The fight can't be practiced consistiently because you need to go through the (INCREDIBLY HARD) Cultist & Solar Pillars AGAIN after every kill/death.

So the devs either need to find a way to make moon lord summoning faster post-fighting it once, or return it to how it was pre-patches.

I used to be like this too, until I figured out that this is more of a fight where the moon lord needs to be off your screen. Using this strategy with projectiles helped me EASILY solo him with the melee from the terrablade.

You see, if he's offscreen, his projectiles take longer to reach you, giving you more time to react and dodge. Also, might want to keep watch out for that eye laser. If that hits you during this strategy, kiss your :red: goodbye. The laser is the one projectile you cannot tank, as it will end you in a few hits. You cannot tank this boss or lifesteal. As with other bosses, focus on dodging projectiles. Staying alive is more important than killing the boss. If you cannot live, damage doesn't matter, because you cannot kill this boss fast.

It's an endurance fight from what I've seen. And making an arena for him is a waste of time, as you need to keep moving. Your gonna need an arena the length of the world if you want to do that. If you wish, make a skybridge with campfires and heart lanterns (stars in bottles if Mage) and make it out of asphalt. Be sure to focus on dodging and keeping ahead of the boss. If he is onscreen, you have a lot less time to react to his projectiles. (I'm playing on 1920x1080, so I can confirm that offscreen does not mean he teleports to you).

However, I do agree with the fact that you shouldn't have to go though the lunar event over and over. Have all the fragments from the pillars be crafted into some sort of summoning item. (In fact, I originally thought the lunar hook WAS going to pull down the moon lord :p)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, master ninja gear helps a lot, as that dash manuver will save your life a ton of times. Once again, forgot to mention that I went for speed, not damage. I can tell my load out if need be. If you want more specifics, I can also provide them :D

Last edited:
I actually think it was the razorblade typhoon.
Bubble Gun had the highest DPS. Razorblade pierced, which cut its damage down.
My biggest problem is that big-:red: laser, there's no real warning that it's coming. Any tips?
All due respect, but the Big-:red: laser keeps the head eye open for ~3 seconds. Unless you're referring to the minilasers, in which case, you just need to be more mobile. Sorry.

I actually think it was the razorblade typhoon.

Anyways, I've fought the Moon Lord multiple times and I'M NOT DOING CHEESE STRATS DON'T EVEN SUGGEST IT. My biggest problem is that big-:red: laser, there's no real warning that it's coming. Any tips?
Put a couple blocks above you to hide under, or use Ice Rod to place the blocks instead.

Shadow Dodge works pretty well with some of these attacks. You won't win as a tank or as a heavy hitter, but can if you can avoid as much damage.

Rod of discord to dodge? thats the first hardmode item i grab due to it being so awesome

I'm getting better at the fight, I just wish there was a more easy way to resummon the Moon lord. Like, something using the solar fragments you get.
*lunar fragments. Unless you actually meant just solar shards, which I doubt.

I meant lunar fragments. Sorry I'm a bit groggy. Been sleeping all day.

EDIT: I should probably try and go for 500 HP, too. And maybe changing my accessories from Menacing to Warding.
Slap together a jungle farm with dart traps, the usual

if all else fails, use a minecart + teleporters for madness while your minions murder him

No joke, he was on his final stage at around 2000hp when stardust dragon decided to slack off a bit and let me get murdered

All due respect, but why would you even try to challenge the Moon Lord with less than 500 HP?
I killed him while under 500 HP.
I can't do it again, though.

Slap together a jungle farm with dart traps, the usual

if all else fails, use a minecart + teleporters for madness while your minions murder him

No joke, he was on his final stage at around 2000hp when stardust dragon decided to slack off a bit and let me get murdered
Wait wait wait wait wait, minecarts work with teleporters?

I killed him while under 500 HP.
I can't do it again, though.

Wait wait wait wait wait, minecarts work with teleporters?
You saw the 1.3 trailer where one of the devs was down in hell on a minecart which went through lava and to a teleporter???

take a peak at this then :p

Ill be hooking some of these up in my new world with my newly designed but not yet made

"CROCODILE FIBER"! (its like google fiber but better!)

You saw the 1.3 trailer where one of the devs was down in hell on a minecart which went through lava and to a teleporter???

take a peak at this then :p

Ill be hooking some of these up in my new world with my newly designed but not yet made

"CROCODILE FIBER"! (its like google fiber but better!)
Oh my god I didn't even realize that.

This changes everything.

I couldn't sleep tonight so I made you guys something I hope helps. If you guys found this informative, let me know; I'm willing to make more of them for other aspects of the game. I don't know if this is the optimal strategy for this boss, but it's the one I've had the most luck with. You don't need an arena or many potions at all, but you can add them if you feel they'll help.

My accessories were:
Menacing Wings (you can actually swap these out for whatever)
Menacing Celestial Stone
Menacing Celestial Shell
Warding Ankh Shield
Menacing Worm Scarf
Menacing Frozen Shell

I would swap out the Frozen Shell with a Paladin Shield if you have one (I didn't) or that defense boosting item if you rolled a Crimson World. You could also use a third sun/moon stone which is probably the best bet. My loadout is far from optimal, honestly.

I couldn't manage Moon Lord at all.
The only reason I beat him was because I cheated in Luminite just so I could use one of the endgame armor sets. And even then, I only barely won.

I couldn't beat :red: Fishron either. Am I just bad at the game? Is there something I'm missing?

I couldn't manage Moon Lord at all.
The only reason I beat him was because I cheated in Luminite just so I could use one of the endgame armor sets. And even then, I only barely won.

I couldn't beat :red: Fishron either. Am I just bad at the game? Is there something I'm missing?
Duke Fishron now enrages if you leave the ocean, which I think is kinda BS.
Moon Lord is EXTREMELY hard. I think you'd do well if it weren't for the fact that you need to redo the entire Lunar event in order to fight him again.

Anyways, my opinions on the boss fight?
The Moon Gord is an amazing boss fight but the requirements to summon him again are incredibly annoying, taking 15-20 minutes each time.
If they added a way to summon Boob Lord without having to go through that again I'd be satisfied. The Floob Gnord's introduction is awesome too. I LOVE how the world goes completely dark around you.

I give Snoob Glord a 9/10.

Duke Fishron is either an extremely easy boss or a god of hatred depending on whether or not you got Cosmic Car Key/Lunar Gear before fighting him or not. Honestly, he feels like a sidegrade in difficulty to the Moon Lord, which is well reflected in the quality of his drops.

Duke Fishron is either an extremely easy boss or a god of hatred depending on whether or not you got Cosmic Car Key/Lunar Gear before fighting him or not. Honestly, he feels like a sidegrade in difficulty to the Moon Lord, which is well reflected in the quality of his drops.
I fought Fishron with Dungeon gear.
He was pretty freakin' easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom