tModLoader Spooky Mod

It causes a crash at worldgen even without any other mods that affect worldgen. A shame I can't get it to work since this mod looks good.

What's the crash? I can look into it but ill need a bit more information

[11:03:45.921] [Main Thread/INFO] [tML]: Growing eye stalks... [11:03:48.240] [WorldGen/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at 箱子破坏者.CKGlobalTile.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged) in 箱子破坏者\CKGlobalTile.cs:line 74 at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\TileLoader.cs:line 492 at Terraria.WorldGen.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean& blockDamaged) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 39963 at Terraria.WorldGen.CanPoundTile(Int32 x, Int32 y) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 52857 at Terraria.Tile.SmoothSlope(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean applyToNeighbors, Boolean sync) in tModLoader\Terraria\Tile.cs:line 435 at Spooky.Content.Generation.SpookyHell.SpookyHellPolish(GenerationProgress progress, GameConfiguration configuration) in SpookyHell.cs:line 327 at DMD<Terraria.WorldBuilding.WorldGenerator::GenerateWorld>(WorldGenerator this, GenerationProgress progress) at AdvancedWorldGen.BetterVanillaWorldGen.Replacer.ChangeWeights(orig_GenerateWorld orig, WorldGenerator self, GenerationProgress progress) in AdvancedWorldGen\BetterVanillaWorldGen\Replacer.Hooks.cs:line 96 at DMD<Terraria.WorldGen::GenerateWorld>(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject) at DMD<Terraria.WorldGen::do_worldGenCallBack>(Object threadContext) at AdvancedWorldGen.UI.UiChanger.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<ThreadifyWorldGen>b__0() in AdvancedWorldGen\UI\UiChanger.cs:line 38 at System.Threading.Thread.StartHelper.Callback(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) [11:03:48.243] [WorldGen/ERROR] [tML]: A problem was encountered during world generation SpookyHellPolish System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at 箱子破坏者.CKGlobalTile.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged) in 箱子破坏者\CKGlobalTile.cs:line 74 at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\TileLoader.cs:line 492 at Terraria.WorldGen.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean& blockDamaged) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 39963 at Terraria.WorldGen.CanPoundTile(Int32 x, Int32 y) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 52825 at Terraria.Tile.SmoothSlope(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean applyToNeighbors, Boolean sync) in tModLoader\Terraria\Tile.cs:line 442 at Spooky.Content.Generation.SpookyHell.SpookyHellPolish(GenerationProgress progress, GameConfiguration configuration) in SpookyHell.cs:line 327 at DMD<Terraria.WorldBuilding.WorldGenerator::GenerateWorld>(WorldGenerator this, GenerationProgress progress)

Edit: I used Worldgen Previewer to disable "SpookyHellPolish" and it did prevent the crash but left obsidian walls behind.

Last edited:
[11:03:45.921] [Main Thread/INFO] [tML]: Growing eye stalks... [11:03:48.240] [WorldGen/WARN] [tML]: Silently Caught Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at 箱子破坏者.CKGlobalTile.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged) in 箱子破坏者\CKGlobalTile.cs:line 74 at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\TileLoader.cs:line 492 at Terraria.WorldGen.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean& blockDamaged) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 39963 at Terraria.WorldGen.CanPoundTile(Int32 x, Int32 y) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 52857 at Terraria.Tile.SmoothSlope(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean applyToNeighbors, Boolean sync) in tModLoader\Terraria\Tile.cs:line 435 at Spooky.Content.Generation.SpookyHell.SpookyHellPolish(GenerationProgress progress, GameConfiguration configuration) in SpookyHell.cs:line 327 at DMD<Terraria.WorldBuilding.WorldGenerator::GenerateWorld>(WorldGenerator this, GenerationProgress progress) at AdvancedWorldGen.BetterVanillaWorldGen.Replacer.ChangeWeights(orig_GenerateWorld orig, WorldGenerator self, GenerationProgress progress) in AdvancedWorldGen\BetterVanillaWorldGen\Replacer.Hooks.cs:line 96 at DMD<Terraria.WorldGen::GenerateWorld>(Int32 seed, GenerationProgress customProgressObject) at DMD<Terraria.WorldGen::do_worldGenCallBack>(Object threadContext) at AdvancedWorldGen.UI.UiChanger.<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<ThreadifyWorldGen>b__0() in AdvancedWorldGen\UI\UiChanger.cs:line 38 at System.Threading.Thread.StartHelper.Callback(Object state) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state) [11:03:48.243] [WorldGen/ERROR] [tML]: A problem was encountered during world generation SpookyHellPolish System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at 箱子破坏者.CKGlobalTile.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged) in 箱子破坏者\CKGlobalTile.cs:line 74 at Terraria.ModLoader.TileLoader.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Int32 type, Boolean& blockDamaged) in tModLoader\Terraria\ModLoader\TileLoader.cs:line 492 at Terraria.WorldGen.CanKillTile(Int32 i, Int32 j, Boolean& blockDamaged) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 39963 at Terraria.WorldGen.CanPoundTile(Int32 x, Int32 y) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 52825 at Terraria.Tile.SmoothSlope(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean applyToNeighbors, Boolean sync) in tModLoader\Terraria\Tile.cs:line 442 at Spooky.Content.Generation.SpookyHell.SpookyHellPolish(GenerationProgress progress, GameConfiguration configuration) in SpookyHell.cs:line 327 at DMD<Terraria.WorldBuilding.WorldGenerator::GenerateWorld>(WorldGenerator this, GenerationProgress progress)

Edit: I used Worldgen Previewer to disable "SpookyHellPolish" and it did prevent the crash but left obsidian walls behind.
ahhh yeah that issue, its something to do with tile sloping thats been fixed for the next update which will be out soon-ish

Currently getting back into planning a mod run with 2 of my friends, was shopping around for mods and saw this and it looks pretty cool. Hoping that 1.4 ready update comes soon so I can remember to try this but ofc no rush lol

I have a recommendation. Is it possible to place pre made pools of water in the spooky, catacombs, and living hell and add their own crates? Currently all of the chest items in this mod are exclusive and if your friends want same of the your weapon, or you accidently trash it, you can't get it back so you should add crates

Currently getting back into planning a mod run with 2 of my friends, was shopping around for mods and saw this and it looks pretty cool. Hoping that 1.4 ready update comes soon so I can remember to try this but ofc no rush lol
the 1.4 version of the mod has been out for many months

I have a recommendation. Is it possible to place pre made pools of water in the spooky, catacombs, and living hell and add their own crates? Currently all of the chest items in this mod are exclusive and if your friends want same of the your weapon, or you accidently trash it, you can't get it back so you should add crates
the spooky forest is getting a biome crate, and the items in the eye valley are getting changed in the future and ill implement a feature to make sure this isnt an issue

How do I get the cotton swab? I've tried everything in that dang biome.
Edit: It would help if there was a discord or a wiki.

How do I get the cotton swab? I've tried everything in that dang biome.
Edit: It would help if there was a discord or a wiki.
It's in the middle of the first layer of the catacombs. Look carefully for some spikes in a room going up, and the swab should be found there

It's in the middle of the first layer of the catacombs. Look carefully for some spikes in a room going up, and the swab should be found there
Thank you! I ended up getting it later on because I was wondering where the catacombs were and I found them so my friends and I all raided it.

when i loaded up my existing world with this mod a lot of the blocks in the spooky biome where i spawned were turned into unloaded blocks. was this intentional or what happened?

when i loaded up my existing world with this mod a lot of the blocks in the spooky biome where i spawned were turned into unloaded blocks. was this intentional or what happened?
Must have been from an older version, as a lot of the normal tiles and ambient grasses were changed in the recent updates

Must have been from an older version, as a lot of the normal tiles and ambient grasses were changed in the recent updates
i was in .4 the day i made the world which was yesterday and the update was today. i could make a new world since i havnt killed a boss yet but its weird what happened

i was in .4 the day i made the world which was yesterday and the update was today. i could make a new world since i havnt killed a boss yet but its weird what happened
yeah thats a normal thing that happens since i changed tile names internally, so if you havent gotten far you'll probably want to do that

Its really annoying how updates break alot of blocks/items. Why change the namespaces internally if the sprites are updated? Feels extremely discouraging to play through this mod because updates just break blocks/items. I've had to scrap two worlds now

Recently found on Tmodloader, absolutely incredible.
Also, I was wondering, what software was used to make the music?
I assume it was FL Studio?

Last edited:
I really like the mod, not only its Design but also its Features. But sadly when breaking the pumkins in the spooky forest the rotten seed just wont drop no matter how many pumkins i've broken. The Same Issue happens again when trying to get the cotton swab it just wont drop. It doesnt even help to make New worlds the Same thing happens over and over again. Does someone have an idea?

Back
Top Bottom