tModLoader Spooky Terraria

RighteousRyan

Terrarian
The FIRST EVER mod that attempts to be scary is here!

Spooky Terraria is a Mod where the Slenderman and the Stalker (A new NPC) are here to chase and hunt you down.

banner_SupportMe.png

The objective of the mod is to collect ALL 8 PAGES scattered around the map, for one, you can use the OFFICIAL 8 PAGES MAP (shown in the example below)
OR you can generate a world where page placement will be done on world generation (Thanks 4mbr0s3 2!).

58ae7cc15891e20466da9e73653d7aba.gif

Do note that this gameplay is with EXPERIMENTAL FEATURES ENABLED (The screen not letting you see behind the player)

Gameplay in non-official-slender-map worlds:
Sometimes, there is a new NPC that can spawn (Might be removed, I don't really know whether I should keep it or completely remove it)
It causes your heart to beat, you can hear it and what direction it is based on the pan of the heartbeat.
Either: Run away or shine a light in it's face for long enough (for the sacrifice of your BPM)

1611257934334.png

BPM:
BPM is a mechanic that is exclusive to the player and the stalker. It increases as you get closer to a stalker, so get away or make it go away with your flashlight.
If your heartbeat goes above 240, you will die. Of course, you can use the Beta-Blocker (crafted with herbs [I know, weird]), which resets your heartbeat down to 80, or if you are at the beach, your heartbeat can actually go down to 60, like you have been calmed by the beach.

08933e4219ff0bb5e2de22379fa9ce38.gif

Slenderman:
The thing you have all been waiting for, the slenderman.

Slenderman is a skinny, pale-faced (person?) creature that stalks it's prey, mainly children. Of course, there is no reliable way to track the player's age, so I would rather not get into any legal issues trying to make something more 'realistic' for a Terraria mod...

Anyways, when you collect a page, slenderman will start stalking you, if you look at him, your screen will static up.
If you look for too long, namely being the static getting too severe to be nearly opaque, you will die. There is no visual jumpscare, but there is an auditory jumpscare.
As your screen statics up more, the audio that will play will get louder, so beware of staring for too long!

Another few things to note is the fact that slenderman will get faster as you collect more pages. He is the fastest at 7 pages.
After 8 pages have been collected, the world will be in a permanent daytime, and slender will stop chasing you. Of course, when I get to it, I will add glowstick mode, daytime mode, and 20 dollars mode (not a top priority though).

52e10734134f5fb3480969205b27c33c.gif

Gameplay:
If you are not looking at slender, he will be invisible for the sake of Terraria's camera.
Your movement will be heavily reduced by default, but you can sprint with the SPRINT key, which can be bound in the Controls Menu.
You also have a stamina meter.
If your stamina meter is 0, you cannot do anything, as well as the inability to sprint. Your jump height also depends on your stamina, and jumping will heavily affect your stamina.
The key to winning is collecting all 8 pages, managing stamina, and keeping slender at a safe distance.

Another noticeable thing, there are tons of ambience to go along as you play, such as:

Jungle ambience
Snow Ambience
Crickets
Tree Breezes
Beach Waves / Breezes
Underground Rumbling
Owls Hooting

Other Things:
If you have any issues, please report them to my discord server (Join the Ryan's Chill Zone & Mods Discord Server!).
Please enjoy the first ever mod that takes on a spooky theme!

A Few Extra Details:
I added a changelog for people to keep up with within the game, and also allowed downloading of both the map and the game itself. You can also see the
slender mythos if you choose to.

d6ebf632b594bdd6178f10cb67e61d91.gif

Last edited:
don't make mod ur drawing suk

@pollen__

Comments such as these are not acceptable to make on these Forums which foster an attitude of mutual respect. If you have nothing respectful or constructive to say about the work of other members, you're better off not saying anything at all.

@pollen__

Comments such as these are not acceptable to make on these Forums which foster an attitude of mutual respect. If you have nothing respectful or constructive to say about the work of other members, you're better off not saying anything at all.
:red: I'm going to end up with 800 notifications now. It was a joke which requires context.

oh? and what is your mod? can you show me?
I don't have many public mods since I took a break and deleted most of them, but you can find a lot of stuff on my GitHub and you can see messages from me back in 2017 on the tML Discord server ( I started a bit earlier and THEN joined the Discord server). I don't know what other proof I can offer since there is so little I have actually like submitted to the browser lol. I also have a few small contributions on Github to tModLoader itself, along with a lot of unreleased code for the Avalon 1.4 port, it's unreleased because I quit lmao. pollen00 - Overview

Lol people thinking they can bring discord etiquette over to the forums (but yeah the rude comment was really an inside joke for context, no real harm was intended)
Eitherway, congrats on the release Ryan! Kinda late but ya know it could be a real polished piece by next halloween!

The FIRST EVER mod that attempts to be scary is here!

Spooky Terraria is a Mod where the Slenderman and the Stalker (A new NPC) are here to chase and hunt you down.

View attachment 303642

The objective of the mod is to collect ALL 8 PAGES scattered around the map, for one, you can use the OFFICIAL 8 PAGES MAP (shown in the example below)
OR you can generate a world where page placement will be done on world generation (Thanks 4mbr0s3 2!).

58ae7cc15891e20466da9e73653d7aba.gif

Do note that this gameplay is with EXPERIMENTAL FEATURES ENABLED (The screen not letting you see behind the player)

Gameplay in non-official-slender-map worlds:
Sometimes, there is a new NPC that can spawn (Might be removed, I don't really know whether I should keep it or completely remove it)
It causes your heart to beat, you can hear it and what direction it is based on the pan of the heartbeat.
Either: Run away or shine a light in it's face for long enough (for the sacrifice of your BPM)

BPM:
BPM is a mechanic that is exclusive to the player and the stalker. It increases as you get closes to a stalker, so get away or make it go away with your flashlight.
If your heartbeat goes above 240, you will die. Of course, you can use the Beta-Blocker (crafted with herbs [I know, weird]), which resets your heartbeat down to 80, or if you are at the beach, your heartbeat can actually go down to 60, like you have been calmed by the beach.

08933e4219ff0bb5e2de22379fa9ce38.gif

Slenderman:
The thing you have all been waiting for, the slenderman.

Slenderman is a skinny, pale-faced (person?) creature that stalks it's prey, mainly children. Of course, there is no reliable way to track the player's age, so I would rather not get into any legal issues trying to make something more 'realistic' for a Terraria mod...

Anyways, when you collect a page, slenderman will start stalking you, if you look at him, your screen will static up.
If you look for too long, namely being the static getting too severe to be nearly opaque, you will die. There is no visual jumpscare, but there is an auditory jumpscare.
As your screen statics up more, the audio that will play will get louder, so beware of staring for too long!

Another few things to note is the fact that slenderman will get faster as you collect more pages. He is the fastest at 7 pages.
After 8 pages have been collected, the world will be in a permanent daytime, and slender will stop chasing you. Of course, when I get to it, I will add glowstick mode, daytime mode, and 20 dollars mode (not a top priority though).

52e10734134f5fb3480969205b27c33c.gif

Gameplay:
If you are not looking at slender, he will be invisible for the sake of Terraria's camera.
Your movement will be heavily reduced by default, but you can sprint with the SPRINT key, which can be bound in the Controls Menu.
You also have a stamina meter.
If your stamina meter is 0, you cannot do anything, as well as the inability to sprint. Your jump height also depends on your stamina, and jumping will heavily affect your stamina.
The key to winning is collecting all 8 pages, managing stamina, and keeping slender at a safe distance.

Another noticeable thing, there are tons of ambience to go along as you play, such as:

Jungle ambience
Snow Ambience
Crickets
Tree Breezes
Beach Waves / Breezes
Underground Rumbling
Owls Hooting

Other Things:
If you have any issues, please report them to my discord server (Join the Ryan's Chill Zone & Mods Discord Server!).
Please enjoy the first ever mod that takes on a spooky theme!

A Few Extra Details:
I added a changelog for people to keep up with within the game, and also allowed downloading of both the map and the game itself. You can also see the
slender mythos if you choose to.

d6ebf632b594bdd6178f10cb67e61d91.gif
About time TBH.
Been showcasing random crap since forever ago but took this long for a proper release. 😔

Back
Top Bottom