Member-Run Contest Spriteathalon

Status
Not open for further replies.

PixelPete

Skeletron
Helllooooooooo
I'm your host PixelPete and I introduce to you the Spriteathalonnnnnnn
A spriting competition where the fun just does not stop!
Spriteathalon #1 launches today but we have one problem, we need two more eligible spriters to join the competition so we can get this show on the road
This is the social group where all the info you need is, anyone is welcome we need as many judges as we can get and as many spriters as we can get.
https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?social-forums/spriteathalon.1324/

To enter the competition, PM me
To spectate and judge the competition, just simply join the group and watch the action

Alright, I've been unable to find a fourth participant so far so we'll start with 3

Welcome:
@Huzbubber Tim
@Melty
@Th3K1ll3rOfSk3l3tron
to the arena
Are you ready?
Let's go!

As we only have three contestants, no one will be leaving in this round. But the winner will get bonus points!

Did you know that there are actually 5 swords that go into making knights edge? Unfortunately the fifth was lost to time and the recipe was improvised.
The only piece of info we have about the fifth sword is that it came from the depths of the underground snow.
Now contestants, SPRIIIIIIITE IT!

You have until friday (Pm if there are any time difference issues and need extra time), this competition goes on GGMT +00 time

Contestants PM your sprites when finished

9C0DB547-20BD-41A4-A0BE-F41F6CA5C11E.png
ICE BLADE.

Just kidding I’ll make the sprite when i can.

Now that I've awoken you might get a better understanding of what region of earth that I live on. I'm from Canadian
[doublepost=1522683230,1522680433][/doublepost]
5146176886145024.png
The Icey Pounder

So spriters........
IT'S RESULTS TIIIIIIIIME
Wanna know who won the round?
Just remember that no one goes home this time, but next time the loser won't be so lucky.
Each entry will be mark out of ten in three areas, skill, creativity and colour palette totalling to an overall score out of thirty

Deep from the icey depths, a fish swims. Little does our poor terrarian know, that if he only fished it up he could be the most powerful one in the land......
Icey pounder.png

creativity - 9/10
skill - 6/10
colour palette - 7/10
total - 22/30

The essence of ten thousand snowflakes, all combined in one enchanting sword
Frostbound slicer.png

creativity - 7/10
skill - 8/10
colour palette - 9/10
Total - 24/30

Wielded by the Merman armies of old
Frost rapier.png

creativity - 6/10
skill - 9/10
colour palette - 7/10
total - 22/30

After a nice start to the competition, we have a winner!
Huzbubber Tim congratulations!!!!!!

But I think we need to slow down your role for the next round,
Melty and Thekillerofskeletron, you have a powerful tool for the next round, a tool I like to call the challenge modifier, this takes effect on the next challenge, I will make the next challenge slightly harder for huzbubber. If he fails to meet the extra requirement, he'll lose points.

The next challenge will be posted soon

Well hello there, back for more?
Well let's get started, but before I tell you the challenge is like to welcome @Gigavoir to the arena!
This means you guys get an extra round you lucky ducks!
(I wouldn't do this normally but because of the spriters shortage I made an exception). RIGHT

Have you ever seen what happens to a corruption enemy when they spend too much time in the Hallow? Well neither have I. Spriters, I'd like you to take any corruption monster and bless them by turning them into their hallowed forms

This can be any corruption monster but your creativity score will be higher if you choose a more unlikely monster.

The eater of worlds is banned for this round

AND HUZBUBBER TIM, since you did sooooo well in the last round, you can't use the colour pink in this round

Sprites have to be in before monday

On your marks, get set, GO

@Melty
@Th3K1ll3rOfSk3l3tron
@Huzbubber Tim

Last edited:
My only weakness: enemies.

I’ll try my best though.
[doublepost=1522966709,1522930604][/doublepost]Just wondering, how many points do I lose if I use pink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom