Member-Run Contest Spriteathalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what I was thinking when I made this, but here we go

Presenting the Terratree Pickblade!

terratreepick.png

Mashed up the color theme of the Terra Blade with the pretty star from the Christmas Tree Sword. Finally, we added a pickaxe to the end to make fighting with smart cursor on hell make your life much easier when exploring!

If a pickaxe doesn't count as a weapon I'll resprite.

Not sure what I was thinking when I made this, but here we go

Presenting the Terratree Pickblade!

View attachment 198353

Mashed up the color theme of the Terra Blade with the pretty star from the Christmas Tree Sword. Finally, we added a pickaxe to the end to make fighting with smart cursor on hell make your life much easier when exploring!

If a pickaxe doesn't count as a weapon I'll resprite.
*Gasps* Wow, that’s really good!

My organs are disintegrating because of the suspense for who will win.
[doublepost=1523811197,1523801451][/doublepost]Wait when do we figure out who wins?

Alright contestants, one of you is going home. Who's it gonna be

The sprites are going to be marked slightly differently this time

round 3.png

Creativity - 6/10 The two swords go really well together. HOWEVER they have been combined in a really simple way
Skill - 7/10 The swords have been smoothly put together however
Colour palette - 8/10 You have benefited from picking to swords with matching colour schemes
Total - 21/30

terratreepick.png

Creativity - 6/10 This was a tough decision as the three chosen elements were really out there (which I really liked) but without the description I wouldn't have guessed what went into it.
Skill - 7/10 Although it's a tad too hard to tell what the components are, a really interesting new weapon was made
Colour palette - 9/10 I really enjoyed the colour palette as it is kind of in between the terra blade and christmas tree sword
Total - 22/30

gun.gif

Creativity - 8/10 Animating the sprite made it stand out
skill - 6/10 the other parts though are less thought out
Colour palette - 8/10 I love the purple-grey combination
Total - 22/30

Oh my :redmunch: this was tight

I'm sad to say that today, @Th3K1ll3rOfSk3l3tron will be leaving us

This means @Huzbubber Tim @Gigavoir , you have made it to the finals!
As you got the same score no one will have an extra challenge

Stay tuned for round three

Alright @Huzbubber Tim @Gigavoir I want a BOSS.
But not just any boss, I want it to be atwo existing bosses patched together BUT with a twist (meaning I want it to be made of existing bosses but look like a new boss)
Not offering any answers to questions this round, you go with what you think and I'll be the judge of the decision
GET SPRITING

And remember, winner takes home the crown
[doublepost=1524579935,1524469406][/doublepost]Oh, Woops. You both have until sunday to turn in your sprites

Behold :red:
Big Gay (1).png

What's scarier than one giant worm and two robotic eyeballs? How about one giant worm with twice the heads and double the pain!

Pretty rushed, you can tell especially with my god awful pillow shading on the glowy bits. Would have touched it up more but I leave first thing tomorrow morning to go out of town for a wedding.

I totally don't have a fetish for worm bosses no sir

quick quick @Huzbubber Tim you have today to submit your design
Ok, I just haven’t hand much time. I’ll submit what’s I have later.
[doublepost=1525043918,1525011457][/doublepost]Ok, the win is clearly going to @Gigavoir , but here is my late (and pretty bad) boss sprite, the Sleyem Lord! (King Slime and Twins.)

32C47EEB-927B-48B7-8E2D-7FFA5EC89B8C.png

I had much higher hopes for this guy (A metal skeleton inside and a better staff), but I ran out of time and had this. It was a fun competition though!

Last edited:
And we come to an end, let's see the bosses that our hardworking finalists conjured up for us

lmao.png

wow, would you look at that
Creativity - 7/10
Skill - 9/10
Colour palette - 8/10
Total - 24/30
sleyem.png

Creativity - 8/10
Skill - 5/10 (shading could use some work)
Colour palette - 7/10
Total - 20/30

And so the competition comes to an end, we had some great sprites and some great contestants but @Gigavoir came out on top!
Congratulations to you! (your prize will be delivered to your inbox soon)
stay tuned for the next competiton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom