Biomes & Nature [Sprites] Archaeologic Finds

Who made the biggest comeback in history?

• Total voters

360Chadscope

Pixel Pirate
Chadwick presents... His idea for, like, dinos and :red:!
I think by now most of us have heard the news about the so-called 'mini biomes' coming in 1.3 [source]. Judging by the screenshot delivered with the spoiler, these would just be small structures or landmarks you could find around your world. For the past few days I've been thinking about making a suggestion for such a minibiome. Of course, due to the way the human brain works, I couldn't come up with anything while I was trying to. I actually got this idea when I was about to go to bed and I'm up writing this down now and it's like 11:14PM but it's a good idea so :red: it
Anyways, back to the minibiomes. As I said, I imagine them being small structures and landmarks. This suggestion adds a bunch of these landmarks. They don't really have a purpose, but would serve to fill up the underground. Sorry, but I don't think the same ores, caves, enemies and :red: do the job, no matter how many different types of moss you add.
Dinosaurs were cool. Their flawed political system did cause their almost worldwide empire to crash at some point inbetween 200 million and 60 million BC, because they kept George W. Bush on the throne of their federal monarchy even after he killed 50 million Congolese Zoroastrianists in the Holocaust, but their amazing military domination of the world will always be remembered through the skulls we sometimes find underground.
Anyways, a dino skull. They would spawn in the Underground and Cavern Layers, maybe about 4 in a small world, 7 in a medium and 9 to 12 in a large world. They could spawn in any location - in mid-air in a cave, in the ground or the ceiling or the walls of a cave, just stuck in dirt or stone or whatever. They'd be very large. Made out of Ancient Bone. When hit or broken, Ancient Bone would spawn a lot of particles. It wouldn't drop anything. However, every dino skull would have some cool loot thingy in its mouth.
What they would have in their mouth would depend on RNG (god forbid).

Ammonite
WVWELx3.png
MypPJU8.png
udoEges.png

Type: Furniture.
Dimensions: 2 wide, 3 high.
Max Stack: 99.
Rarity: Yellow.
Sell:
L9ZBCRW.png
Extra Information: First sprite obviously is what the ammonite would look like when first found. Third is when placed after picked up.

Dino Skull
3m3BFaE.png
523ixkR.png
hyijc7w.png

Rarity: White.
Sell:
L9ZBCRW.png
Extra Information: Yes, a dino skull found in a bigger dino skull's mouth. Cmon, it's not that weird...

Dino Egg
CHfno7A.png
ARAl5gw.png
DDFMJTE.png
'whuh it keeps changing size' yeah whatever shut up nerd
Sell:
L9ZBCRW.png
Extra information: Not to be confused with the Amber Mosquito.
So the Romans had, like, this huge empire. It spanned all the way from India to Taiwan or something. Pretty impressive, right? Well, of course that could not have happened without a fight. But Chad it wasn't in India it was- Yeah sure shut up I'm talking.
Imagine a cave. 2 caves would spawn on small worlds, 3 on medium, and 4 on large. It's not very large, but large enough to have ~8 skeletons lying on the floor. The skeletons would look like this:
kbgAjv1.png
, amongst other textures. Each skeleton, when broken, would have a 50% chance of dropping one piece of the Legionnaire armour set. There would also be some already-in-the-game skulls, bones and other :red: lying around:
pPbjZeV.png
, and a lot of cobwebs on the ceiling, the walls, the backwalls, the ground, really just anything that hasn't moved for the past 2000 years.

Legionnaire Armour
xkwuYsC.png
sGqFySQ.png
LUL56rJ.png
qtcPh11.png
'simple legionnaires didn't have those things on their helmets' yeah good for you now shut up and read on
Type: Armour.
Defense: 10 (Helmet 3, Chainmail 4, Sandals 3).
Set Bonus: +4% crit chance, +5% melee speed, +5% melee damage.
Sell:
L9ZBCRW.png
9 (
L9ZBCRW.png
3 per piece).
Extra Information: Pretty much silver armour, but instead of 3 defense as set bonus it has a few melee boosts. Assuming that there'd be about 8 bodies per cave, on average you could get 4 pieces per cave.
Mammoths. Known for unintentionally going on adventures with comical-relief giant sloths and bad-guy-turned-good sabertooth tigers with a midlife crisis.
Anyways, this would be a small cave with a mammoth hunting camp. Not much else to say. 2 would spawn on small worlds, 3 on medium, and 4 on large. Imagine a cave, about as large as the Roman Battleground one. Also just like the Roman Battleground, this would have cobwebs. In the middle of the cave, there is a primitive tent (
6SYsFi5.png
). Next to the tent, there is either a tanning rack (
KEaJBda.png
) or a gnawed bone (
e1E2lqP.png
). And last but certainly not least, there would be a wooden chest.
Now there's a few cool things to do here. You see, 50% of camps would have a tanning rack, 50% would have a gnawed bone. You can break the tanning rack to get a Sabre Cat Skin. It's basically another animal skin, one that the Travelling Merchant can't sell you! If you break the bone, it will drop a Gnawed Bone. Unsurprisingly. Then there is the chest. If you open it, you will find four items. Three of them are the Cave Dweller Set, the third is one of the following three: a Mammoth Tusk, a Mammoth Staff or a Sabertooth Necklace.

Cave Dweller Armour
isf3sfG.png
XakQYy2.png
6ZahuFJ.png
Gl5PFut.png

Type: Armour.
Defense: 15 (Helmet 8, Breastplate 4, Skirt 3).
Bonus: +10% Minion Damage (Helmet 2%, Breastplate 4%, Skirt 4%).
Set Bonus: +5% Minion Damage, +1 Minion Capacity.
Sell:
L9ZBCRW.png
9 (
L9ZBCRW.png
3 per piece).
Extra Information: This one is a bit different from other summoner armours, since it has more defense but a bit lower bonuses compared to others.
There's a good chance a small world would contain all pieces, and medium and large worlds would be almost guaranteed to.

Mammoth Tusk
U1XrDBZ.png
JfuHiYx.png

Dimensions: 4 wide, 3 high.
Sell:
L9ZBCRW.png

Mammoth Staff
Grj9NgX.png
9nbb2jG.png

Type: Summon Weapon
Damage: 3-15
Knockback: 2-6
Max Stack: 1
Mana: 10
Use Time: 27
Inflicts: Confused.
Tooltip: Summons a mammoth to fight for you.
Sell:
L9ZBCRW.png
AI: it will run into enemies at great speed. It takes a while to build up speed, though. Its highest speed is the speed of unicorns. When it runs into an enemy, it deals damage, knockback, etc based on its speed relative to its minimum speed (~3 damage, 2 knockback, 10% chance of Confused for 1 second) and maximum speed (~15 damage, 6 knockback, 50% chance of Confused for 5 seconds). When it's standing still it counts as minimum speed, when it's flying after you at any speed faster than a unicorn it counts as maximum.

Sabertooth Necklace
YquzAEY.png
CvdP1Ax.png

Type: Accessory.
Max Stack: 1.
Bonus: All minions have a 57% chance of inflicting 1 second of Bleeding, 29% of 2 seconds, 14% chance of 3.
Sell:
L9ZBCRW.png
Extra Information: To make this actually have a use, bleeding should now deal 2 dps to enemies, in addition to its current effect of inability to naturally regenerate health.

Gnawed Bone
9JmX9bi.png
JV0Pw5b.png

Type: Pet.
Tooltip: Summons a pet Sabertooth Tiger.
Buff Tooltip: I think it wants your bone!

Bone Necklace
hnXP9Fj.png
EQd3DP4.png

Type: Accessory.
Max Stack: 1.
Bonus: +1 Minion capacity, all minions have a 57% chance of inflicting 1 second of bitten, 29% of 2 seconds, 14% chance of 3.
Crafting Recipe: 1
Pygmy_Necklace.png
Pygmy Necklace, 1
YquzAEY.png
Sabertooth Necklace at Tinkerer's Workshop.
Sell:
L9ZBCRW.png
Extra Information: Ridiculously high sell price because the Pygmy Necklace is bought from Witch Doctor for
L9ZBCRW.png
40 and thus sold for
L9ZBCRW.png
8, and Sabertooth Necklace, like all other archaeological finds, is sold for
L9ZBCRW.png

Sabertooth Skin
PP8aq8T.png
eDxq6ZL.png

Dimensions: 6 wide, 4 high.

Of course we don't know much about minibiomes yet. Maybe they will add so many that there will only be a couple different ones per world. If that is the case, the loot from these (especially the Mammoth Camp) will have to be way less RNG-based for this to actually work.
Anyways, I hope you like this suggestion. I mainly focused on some more summoner content for Pre-HM, some more content for the underground, and more collectables. I hope that's enough :p

*drops mic*
*picks up mic again*

Do you like this suggestion very very much? Well, then you might want to copy this thingy to your signature: To show your support for Archaeological Finds. Who knows, maybe if we all put it in our signature Re-Logic decides that they really do want mammoths and stuff in their game. *shrugs*

Last edited:
Pretty fine job with this, the sprites do look amazing. Very nice ideas, all joined together to make a decent overall concept. I like the mammoth, too. That sprite is just golden.

Heh, this is great. However, I feel that by the time most players get the full Cave Dweller set, they'd already have better summoner armor.

:naughty:
This all looks really good! I would suggest, however, that you replace the "Bitten" debuff with Bleeding, which will have its functionality changed to... well, exactly what you've written here.
To give Bleeding a use against monsters? Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Too bad, I liked Bitten's buff sprite.
Really, they shouldn't be in unfilled caves. They should be in caves with something similar to spiderwebs preserving them.
Other than that, great!
Well, there would be your usual moss, vines and other stuff, so it wouldn't be completely empty. But valid point, cobwebs would fit with the theme. Added to the suggestion.
Have you gone insane?
On topic, I think it's a good idea. More interesting things to find are always good, even if they aren't too useful later on.
Yes. And thanks!
Pretty fine job with this, the sprites do look amazing. Very nice ideas, all joined together to make a decent overall concept. I like the mammoth, too. That sprite is just golden.
Thanks!
This is amazing! (2/3 of these things are paleontology m8)
*repeats in a silly voice*
Really like the idea, support! But uh... Did the dinosaurs collapse under George Bush Senior or Junior?? Just for reference... :)
Senior, I believe. We can't be sure, though. Back then there was no internet or even computers to keep information, so people had to remember everything themselves.
Heh, this is great. However, I feel that by the time most players get the full Cave Dweller set, they'd already have better summoner armor.
True. Should I buff the set?
This Suggestion is Excellent!
And The Mini-Biome is Excellent!
And the I want my Gnawed Bone back!
Thanks!

Amazing! Fantastic! Your writing had humor, sprites were good, and the Legionnaire Armor would get me 1 step closer to being a Bisharp in Terraria. Also, the pet mammoth is bootiful.

I'm thinking have all three available in one chest- if it was 2 in one chest and a buffed set, a new player might accidentally come across multiple chests and get their hands on a later armor set.
Changed it. Thanks for the suggestion!
Amazing! Fantastic! Your writing had humor, sprites were good, and the Legionnaire Armor would get me 1 step closer to being a Bisharp in Terraria. Also, the pet mammoth is bootiful.
Thanks!

This is a great suggestion with great sprites with great execution. I approve, and offer you a badge of my approval.

Wait, damnit, I never sprited a badge because I don't check these forums often.

Uh, uh...

THINK FAST
badgeofsirtification-png.135311

this badge© legally owned by sir cutswood™® or whoever he was
(This is actually a fairly bad badge, you can see the angles on it easily and the outline shading is sub-par at best.)

This is a great suggestion with great sprites with great execution. I approve, and offer you a badge of my approval.

Wait, damnit, I never sprited a badge because I don't check these forums often.

Uh, uh...

THINK FAST
badgeofsirtification-png.135311

this badge© legally owned by sir cutswood™® or whoever he was
(This is actually a fairly bad badge, you can see the angles on it easily and the outline shading is sub-par at best.)
And I'll just tag @Sir Cutswood , owner of said badge as you noted

Back
Top Bottom