Biomes & Nature [Sprites] Biome-colored lava

Also someone mentioned water being clear which it ins't completely, it is somewhat blue as it absorbs some red light, even without impurities. (see the wiki article about that here) Although this may be mostly irrelevant to this thread
I wanted to say that so many times. I kept deleting my post(before posting) about that.

There's lots of mixed feelings on this thread. And personally I am leaning more towards keeping lava as it is as opposed to it changing color. I would rather keep lava it's current orange color, but that's just me. I can't explain it very well, but I just think it would be a bit much to have both water and lava shifting color when you are in different biomes. Just having water change color seems like enough for me.

It wouldn't be the end of the world if this change were to take place, but I would rather not have it. I don't want to start an argument, or invoke negative feelings, I am just sharing my opinion in the idea. Would rather not have it, but it wouldn't be the worst thing ever if it were added.

Hand of Hades

zchD5ru.png

In the deep Corruption, cursed pools of molten ebonstone coalesce into enormous hands that will grab onto the player character and pull them underneath. They drop the souls of night they've stolen as well as cursed flames.

I wonder if I should make more?

Interesting but I don't feel like it. It will be confusing, or they should be more harmful in appearlanse.

Hand of Hades

zchD5ru.png

In the deep Corruption, cursed pools of molten ebonstone coalesce into enormous hands that will grab onto the player character and pull them underneath. They drop the souls of night they've stolen as well as cursed flames.

I wonder if I should make more?
Reminds me of some enemy from Super Mario World right?

I agree with Terror, these are completely new liquids. In fact, red will NEED to code in new liquids for this to work, due to some of them giving you cursed buffs, others being slow but deadly, etc.
Not necessarily... a simple if-else solution would work. One liquid type, but utilizing if-elses to modify color and effects. Relatively simple. Now if he wanted to make it so when the different colors of lava colided, different things happen, then that requires new liquids.

Not necessarily... a simple if-else solution would work. One liquid type, but utilizing if-elses to modify color and effects. Relatively simple. Now if he wanted to make it so when the different colors of lava colided, different things happen, then that requires new liquids.
Wouldn't make much sense or acid-type lava to turn into obsidian when coming into contact with water, now would it? :p

On that we can agree. Lets make a suggestion thread to put an alternate block.
By the way, the "acid" lava is suppose to be lava still. It's just molten ebonstone, rather than molten stone. Corrupt lava. Gray stone turns orange when molten, purple ebonstone turns green when molten.

..where do you get the idea that lava is molten stone? That's magma, not lava.
Also, even though acid according to this suggestion will be in corruption biomes, it's acid, not lava - it doesnt necessarily need to be any hot liquid. And if it IS lava, it still isn't magma.

..where do you get the idea that lava is molten stone? That's magma, not lava.
Also, even though acid according to this suggestion will be in corruption biomes, it's acid, not lava - it doesnt necessarily need to be any hot liquid. And if it IS lava, it still isn't magma.
Lava is magma. They're the same thing essentially, just lava is when it's above ground, but magma is below ground, but for simplicity's sake the Lava Bucket just has that one name.

According to this suggestion, the green lava wouldn't be acid, it would be green lava.

Back
Top Bottom