Items [Sprites!] Black Mirror - Taking the pain out of those post-death hikes!

What do you think?

• Yes! The item looks good!

• Maybe. The item or recipe could use some work.

• No. I don't support this suggestion and I am capable of telling why.

• What is this "Dying" you speak of?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Athrisir

Terrarian
I know I've made another suggestion about post-death items, but this one doesn't really fit with the rest. It's less of a weapon, and more of a tool.

So without further ado...

New Piskel (19).png
Black Mirror

Teleports you to your most recent death point.

Crafting:
Magic_Mirror.png
1 Magic Mirror
Black_Lens.png
1 Black Lens
Crafted at a workbench + chair

So there we have it! Short and simple. This item would be pretty useful, and makes it worth the grind for the lens. I hope you enjoyed, and don't forget to leave your feedback in the comments!

See you around!
-Giga

I like it, but I feel like this should be a bit harder to obtain. A Black Lens, while rare, can be obtained early in the game if you have some good luck. It should still be a pre-hardmode item, but maybe use materials that are harder to obtain, like Hellstone or Obsidian in place of a Black Lens.

It would certainly be useful, but I can see there being many balance issues. We must remember that rarity (although often to some degree) doesn't always make up for power. I can see this being exploited heavily in pvp and also removing the penalty of dying in some cases. There should be some sort of penalty for using it, perhaps disabling you from being able to inflict damage for 10 seconds or make the mirror have limited uses per terraria day.

It would certainly be useful, but I can see there being many balance issues. We must remember that rarity (although often to some degree) doesn't always make up for power. I can see this being exploited heavily in pvp and also removing the penalty of dying in some cases. There should be some sort of penalty for using it, perhaps disabling you from being able to inflict damage for 10 seconds or make the mirror have limited uses per terraria day.

PvP can't always be used as a way of determining if something is OP. If someone thinks it's too good for PvP, then just ban it from the map.

Or just disable it from being used in cases of death by PvP. Just a case of few more additional codes.

This is VERY useful for those mediumcore players out there that don't want to go to hell and back for their stuff. I support.

Personally I think such an item would be better if it was a consumable, such as a potion, just because it is a little unbalanced otherwise

*imagine me saying this with my profile pic for 10% more hilarious-ness*
Just balance out the damn thing with some obsidian or more rare stuff. Cause players can easily exploit this hunk'o' garbage and use it with a magic mirror to get their trash back and head back to their smelly, wannabe Hogwarts Castle base

*This comment is mostly satire, all insults are not meant and are used for comedic purposes and you probably get my point now xD*

*p.s. u cul bruh*

Back
Top Bottom