NPCs & Enemies [Sprites] [Boss] Chaos Wyrm

Good idea?

• Total voters
This is the same thread that was on the old forums, it's just been moved here by me.

Warning: By the end of this thread, the word 'chaos' will probably not sound or look like a real word. Now on to the suggestion. Also, please do not be threatened by the wall of text, I put a lot of effort into this idea.

I have been working on this idea for about 3 days now, and I think it's finally ready to be released to the public. I present to you...

The Chaos Wyrm
Chaos Wyrm New bigger.png

This is a worm boss like the EoW and The Destroyer that is on par with Duke Fishron (although the weapons this guy drops could probably use a
buff).

Stats

Head
Chaos Wyrm Head bigger.png
Chaos Wyrm Head.png

Cannot be damaged
Damage: 100 (contact) 125 (chaos Orb)

Body
Chaos Wyrm Body bigger.png
Chaos Wyrm Body.png

Health: 2500
Damage: 70 (contact) 50 (Chaos Sphere)
Defense: 40

Tail
Chaos Wyrm Tail bigger.png
Chaos Wyrm Tail.png

When hurt, it damages the entire worm.
Damage: 50 (contact)
Defense: 70
Chaos Wyrm Body Destroyed bigger.png
Chaos Wyrm Body Destroyed.png

Now, you may have noticed that each body segment has it's own health, does that mean it breaks apart like the Eater of Worlds? Well, yes and no. He does break, but not like the EoW does. When you kill a segment (one of 50) that segment is now 'dead' and looks like this.

Whenever you kill a segment a clone of the Chaos Wyrm spawns that is the size of where you broke the segment all the way to the tail of the main worm. Let me try to explain.
If the Chaos Wyrm is 50 segments long (which it is) and you brake the middle segment (the 25th) then that segment becomes 'dead' and a worm 25 segments long pops out of the main Chaos Wyrm, but the main wyrm doesn't actually break. To help differentiate from the main wyrm and it's clones, the clones look like this.
Chaos Clone bigger.png

The cloned wyrms have the same stats as the main wyrm, except that they have a combined health like the destroyer and other worm enemies. That amount of health varies depending of how many segments the worm has. The amount of health goes up by 200 hp for every segment. So the longest possible worm (with 49 segments) has 9800 hp, while the shortest possible worm (3 segments) has 600 hp. ( Health idea by @stormconure)

To successfully kill the Chaos Wyrm, you must kill each segment except the head and the tail. The head cannot be damaged, and the tail does damage to the entire wyrm when hit.

Now, on to the attacks.

Chaos Orb.
(broken image)
This is a slow moving projectile that does 125 damage on contact, as well as teleport the player to a random location on screen. This might seem a little over powered, but it is fired only by the head, and is therefore an uncommon attack.

Chaos Sphere
(broken image)
This is a fast moving projectile that does 50 damage, and acts like the Magnet Sphere, once is is close enough to the player, it zaps them continually. These are shot from the body segments, and are the most common attack.

Worm Hole.
(broken image)

At random points during the battle, all the wyrms will dig underground, and then the digging will stop, then this portal will open and all the wyrms will pop out of it at the same time. The portal also does 150 contact damage, but since it doesn't move, it's kinda hard to get hit by it.

Now, how to summon the Chaos Wyrm, it is summoned in the Hallow (under or above ground) with the use of the Chaos Core. It doesn't matter what time it is.

This is made with
Crystal_Shard.png
x15
Soul_of_Light.png
x10
(broken image) x5
This ^^^ item is a new item called Chaotic essence, it has a 33% chance to drop from chaos elementals, illuminate slimes, and illuminate bats.

So what do you get after going through all the trouble of killing the darn thing. You get the Chaos Cannon, the Dimension Smasher, the Vortex Magnum, or the Chaos Staff. (great names I know). The first two weapons are great for crowd control, but probably won't be very good against bosses. While the third is good against single targets. I don't know what the fourth would be good for.

Chaos Cannon
Black Hole Cannon bigger.png
Black Hole Cannon.png

Damage: 60/100
Knockback: 8
Usetime: 30
Mana usage: 20
What it does: Launches a slow moving black sphere that sucks enemies into it, travels for about 50 blocks, then explodes launching mobs outward. The end explosion is what does the 100 damage. And the knockback is the result of the explosion.

Dimension Smasher
Dimension Smasher new bigger.png
Dimension Smasher new.png

Damage: 105
Knockback: 11
Usetime: 40
What it does: Creates a large shockwave at the end of the swing launching mobs away at high velocity. The shockwave extends to about 15 blocks away. You may be thinking this is a bit overpowered, but it's doesn't shoot a projectile, and it is very slow. Hopefully, this balances out the massive damage.

Vortex Magnum
Vortex Magnum new bigger.png
Vortex Magnum new.png

Damage: 40
Knockback: 5
Usetime: 20
What it does: Fires chaos bullets that explode into a spread of eight other bullets when they hit an enemy or block. What type of bullets those eight are is decided by the player. If you use crystal bullets as ammo, the eight bullets will be crystal bullets, if you use chlorophyte, the eight bullets will be chorophyte, ect...The eight bullets do 50% of the damage of the main bullet.

Chaos Staff
Chaos Staff new bigger.png
Chaos Staff new.png

Damage: 45/70
Knockback: 3
Usetime: 20
Mana usage: 30
What it does: This is a summoner weapon that acts similar to the Frost Hydra and the Spider Queen Staff. It summons a stationary portal
Mini portal bigger.png
Mini portal.png

that does 70 damage on contact (so it could be just spam clicked on an enemy, but given the high mana cost, it's not a very good idea). The portal will launch miniature versions of the Chaos Wyrm at enemies.
(broken image)
It fires twice as fast as the sharknado staff. But the projectiles (wyrms) are heavily effected by gravity. Another idea I had was that when you summon the portal, it spews out a burst of 15 wyrms before disappearing.

It also drops a Trophy
(broken image)

And a mask

(broken image)

Chaos Wyrm art.jpg

Support banner made by @Pumpking
Chaos Wyrm Banner.png

So, what do you think?

Last edited:
I actually love the concept of a destroyer-like enemy using portals and clones, it just seems like a natural progression.

... That being said, *chuckles* I don't want to have to fight this. XD

This seems like a neat idea, its a unique part of those Illuminant mobs, btw,
the Chaos Smasher, from the word "Smasher", its a hammer that launches magic right? or not..
Edgesmile1-vi.png

Back
Top Bottom