Weapons & Equip [Sprites] Brain and Worm Minions

On a scale of 1 to 10, how good is this :red:?

• 4 - This is obviously not a serious suggestion, right? Right?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 - I'm not angry. I'm just... Disappointed.

• 2 - I think I gotta go right now.

• 1 - *dies a slow death and will only be found 14 years later when friends realize something's wrong*

• Total voters

360Chadscope

Pixel Pirate
Chadwick presents... A FLOATING BRAIN THAT SUCKS ON ENEMIES

So I was thinking 'hey, I should make a suggestion with a lot of thought put into it' when I noticed that there are only 3 pre-HM summoning weapons. I thought of the optimal point in the game to introduce another summoning weapon (taking into consideration all other summoning weapons, their rarity, when you get them, how they work) and I concluded that the Brain of Cthulhu could drop it. Not only would it be at a moment in the game where you probably only have had the chance to get a Slime Staff (which is very rare so you probably won't have it anyways), but the Brain also doesn't have a lot of drops at the moment. This would solve two small problems, including the lack of Pre-HM summoning weapons that makes three, and that way
You just thought of it and 5 minutes later you started writing down the suggestion, isn't it
Yeah it just popped into my head.
Thought so. Anyways, what's it?
It's a brain that sucks on enemies.
... A metroid?
Yes. Wait- no, it's
It sounds like a metroid.
... Well maybe I based it off of metroids unknowingly.
Anyways, doesn't sounds too great.
Just wait, it's pretty nice, actually. *ahem*

Brain Staff
tYbHYrl.png

Type: Summon Weapon
Damage: 10
Knockback: 0
Max Stack: 1
Mana: 10
Velocity: 10
Use Time: 27
Tooltip: Summons a brain to fight for you.
AI: The brain will fly after you, until it perceives an enemy. It then teleports a few blocks above said enemy (which looks like when the BoC teleports) and quickly lands on the enemy. There it deals 10 damage per second. When the enemy is dead, it teleports back to you, and again just flies after you. In other words, it's a lot like the Piranha Gun but Summoning instead of Ranged, and you don't need to hold down the left mouse button.
Dropped by: Brain of Cthulhu, 10%.

Brain (buff)
OHPVtI1.png

Type: Buff
Effects: Brain.
Tooltip: Are you insane in the membrane? (it's a reference, Terraria loves those)

I put a whopping 30 minutes of work into this one.

Here is a support banner:
And as suggested, here is a corruption alternative.
Worm Staff
wU6N2NB.png

Damage: 15
Tooltip: Summons a worm to fight for you.
AI: The worm will always try to be in the ground. If that's absolutely impossible, it will fly after- and try to circle around the player. When it notices an enemy, it launches itself at it. After hitting it, it will dig into the ground again (if possible, else it will take a long turn) and return to the enemy to hit it again. It'll probably only hit enemies once every ~2 seconds, so it has significantly higher damage than the Brain, which hits once per second. When the enemy is dead, it digs (or flies, if there's no ground to dig) back to the player.
The amount of segments the worm consists of would increase per summon.
Dropped by: Eater of Worlds, 10%.

Worm (buff)
VMRsUir.png

Effects: Worm.
Tooltip: Shut up and dig Eater!

Last edited:
I like this. Quite an interesting summon that could get reeeeal annoying if PvP worked with Summoning and is early game, but I feel it should do 10 damage because Slime staff is 8.

(This thing is a damn Metroid!)

Sounds great, the concept is pretty interesting itself, and it sounds like an idea that feels like it should just be in the game already. Very well done to you. Brains...

Corruption version should definitely be a mini-EoW that digs. We need a worm-ai summon!

Also, the damage needs a serious buff. Slime staff has an insanely fast attack speed as well, so it would massively outclass this. 4 damage is going to do 1 damage to pretty much every enemy in the game when you account for defense.

Love it. Keep up the good work, although can you make a corrupt version?
Great idea, but it needs a Corruption alternative.
Well, after seeing this one I wouldn't mind a tiny version of the EoW that keeps worming itself in the dirt around you, occasionally launching itself at enemies.
*puppyeyes@Chadwick*
Corruption version should definitely be a mini-EoW that digs. We need a worm-ai summon!
Here it is:
Worm Staff
wU6N2NB.png

Damage: 15
Tooltip: Summons a worm to fight for you.
AI: The worm will always try to be in the ground. If that's absolutely impossible, it will fly after- and try to circle around the player. When it notices an enemy, it launches itself at it. After hitting it, it will dig into the ground again (if possible, else it will take a long turn) and return to the enemy to hit it again. It'll probably only hit enemies once every ~2 seconds, so it has significantly higher damage than the Brain, which hits once per second. When the enemy is dead, it digs (or flies, if there's no ground to dig) back to the player.
Dropped by: Eater of Worlds, 5%.

Worm (buff)
VMRsUir.png

Effects: Worm.
Tooltip: Shut up and dig Eater!
I like this. Quite an interesting summon that could get reeeeal annoying if PvP worked with Summoning and is early game, but I feel it should do 10 damage because Slime staff is 8.
(This thing is a damn Metroid!)
Also, the damage needs a serious buff. Slime staff has an insanely fast attack speed as well, so it would massively outclass this. 4 damage is going to do 1 damage to pretty much every enemy in the game when you account for defense.
Yeah, when I decided the damage I didn't think of the Slime Staff's high dps despite its low damage. Raised it to 10 for the Brain.

Back
Top Bottom