Game Mechanics [Sprites] Do You Want to Build a Snowman?

Snickerbobble

The Painter
No, I'm not gonna sing for you, but I will share my idea of how to build snowpeople in Terraria!

You take 5 snowballs and craft them into a Snow Clump
jIhp9sg.png
by hand. You can then place it on the ground and push it around like the beach ball, except it's not as floaty. When you roll it around on snow blocks, it will gradually get bigger and bigger:
VLGTbIV.png
When it reaches full size and remains in the same spot for 5 seconds, it will shake and explode and become a snowperson!

8t8XPwn.png
(it would look way better than this, as I can't sprite Terraria's font)
From then, you can right click to bring up a little menu to decorate your snowperson. Default gender is selected by random. You can dress it up with any armor and vanity, as well as dyes to turn the pieces different color. You can also place a life crystal in the L slot to bring your snowperson to life! It sill simply hop around for your amusement. You can then equip it will snowballs (just one will give it infinite) that it will use to pelt enemies with. To prevent abuse with a million snowpeople, snowpeople can damage each other. If the player turns on PvP, the snowperson will launch snowballs at them. The snowballs do 10 damage to mobs and 50 damage to players. Snowpeople have a base health of 10 hits with 3 seconds of invincibility, making them fun to fight at any stage of the game. To quick heal a snowperson, PvP must be off, then right click it to remove then place the life crystal back. When defeated, they will plant themselves down and become their non-living variant with the same armor and dyes intact. You can hit an inactive snowperson with a pickaxe to make them drop all their items and drop as this little thing:
5EIOY8u.png

61XNUih.png

You can make all kinds of goofy outfits for your snowpeople who look a little too large to wear player armor. They're pretty much just another type of mannequin with the extra function of coming alive and to fight against.

That's it, I think. "Happy Birthday!"

Do you want to nuke a snowman?
Send radiation through the land!
It will cause a big explosion,
With deadly gamma rays that mutate people's hands...

Anyway, on topic...
STUPID :redspin:ING IPAD
(I cant see the sprites)
But I love this concept. I would set one up to defend my house :p

Edit: I can see the sprites now! Yay! And this is really great!

Last edited:
That would be a neat little Christmastime feature! You should make it like an only Christmas thing or something.
To make it only possible during Christmas would deny people their snowpeople any other time of the year! What if natural ones can be found during Christmas?
This idea is just fantastic, fan-:red:ing-tastic. Though the Frozen reference minuses a few points there, Snickerbobble.
*shrug* It is just the title name.. at least I didn't sing!

Do you want to nuke a snowman?
Send radiation through the land!
It will cause a big explosion,
With deadly gamma rays that mutate people's hands...

Anyway, on topic...
STUPID :redspin:ING IPAD
(I cant see the sprites)
But I love this concept. I would set one up to defend my house :p

Edit: I can see the sprites now! Yay! And this is really great!
Nice song, and thanks!

This is a really cute suggestion, and I hat the movie Frozen, by the way.

99% Support.
Frozen may be over-rated, but hating it is also over-rated :p Thanks

I for one want to build a snowman. But I think that it doesn't have to be a snowman. Why stop there? How about snow demons? Snow dragons. Oh, the posibilites are unlimited! Snowmen armies! Snowmen that will do your own bidding! Give the frost army a taste of its own medicine!

This would be a fun addition to snow fortresses.

Anyways, this suggestion is needed, cute, functional and well-designed.

I should really be giving out more badges, but laziness.

I hate that movie. BUT........

I'd LOVE to see this implemented!make way for my snowman army,puny mortals!

I'm just saying, you guys don't see the potential in this. This can go a long way. And I highly suggest you do that. I want to see more of this. A lot more snow. I think we can make this be the biggest, most dangerous thing in Terraria to ever exist. Bosses, summoning, weapons, dungeons. I'll give you my full support, because I can see that this can become much bigger than you except.

And if you roll it even more, you can start playing Katamari: Terraria Edition.

Anyway, about the suggestion, I like the idea of rolling a snowman is really nice, and I would want to see this in the game! Good job on the sprites as well!

YES!!!
And if you hit one with a shadow beam, it turns into the ice queen with a tag if you scroll over it that says "Elsa"

And if you roll it even more, you can start playing Katamari: Terraria Edition.

Anyway, about the suggestion, I like the idea of rolling a snowman is really nice, and I would want to see this in the game! Good job on the sprites as well!
i want this too xD

also 9001/100% support, #420 would blaze it (im getting sick of my own jokes xD)

Oh god. This is brilliant. I'm wondering if they would attack hostile mobs too, not just PvP players. I would use them as a Bodyguard just for fun :D
100% supporting

Do you want to build a snowman...?
Use dark magic to make it live(eeeeee)
We can be overlords
Rule a snowman horde
Wielding swords and shiiiiivs (THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY THINGS THAT RHYME WITH LIVE OKAY)
We used to make scary monsters
but noow we don't
I wish you would tell me WHYYY
Do you wanna build a snowmannn
it doesn't have to be a snowmannn (it can be an ice golem)

Elsa: FFS anna go away

Disney should have hired me to write frozen.

On topic: I like this. Support.

Back
Top Bottom